1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BiotechVore list

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by geo67, May 21, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

My buddy wants to practice this mission for the PreKrug/upcoming Krug. So we're pllaying into the BiotechVore mission tomorrow night, I've heard it's a pretty sucky mission. I thought a speedy bunch of troops would be good for this mission.

[​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] KUROSHI RIDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Breaker Pistol, AP + Shock CCW. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] OYAMA Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] DAIYŌKAI Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 49)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

5.5 SWC | 296 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Super fast bikes to get into the "Clean" area.
    Duo Fireteam and Rui Shi to keep my opponent back, and honest.
    Ryuken Unit 9 for forward deployment, and the ability to put down some mines in lanes.

I like it, but feel a bit concerned using the Aragato as the hacker for the Rui Shi, and not sure about taking T.Kohei over T.Eisei.

Any basic strategies for a new guy on this mission?

First 300pt list, what do you guys think?

2. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

No reason to take an engineer if most of your army is biological - fixing the remote isn't worth it.

Main thing I'd say is that you probably want to plan your first turn - figure out how many orders you need to clear the hazard zone. The fireteams should be able to get out in 2 orders each (hopefully), and then you are left with an engineer and a rui shi who will either eat your order pool moving up, or die.

I'd consider replacing them with another domaru (Haris) to join your Daiyokai team or a ninja who can forward deploy.

A big part of list building for biotech is just planning how to clear your deployment zone efficiently. Infiltrate/Forward Deployment + impetuous orders are both really useful for this.

geo67 likes this.
  3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

If you want to play Smoke + MSV2, swap the Rui Shi out for an MSV2 Kempeitai and duo Oyama + the Daiyokai instead of including Oyama in the core.

This is something a lot of players forget -- even if you fail the roll with confused deployment, all that happens is that you deploy anywhere in your deployment zone. The worst thing that could happen is that you have to walk out of your deployment zone, but if you take 3 Ryukens, odds are you'll get at least one, and if you take 2 Oniwaban, odds are you'll get another one.

geo67 and barakiel like this.
  4. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I meant to have Oya and Daiyokai as a duo. Do i need to make another group to show Oyama and the Daiyokai as a duo, or did i miss something in Infinity Army(sitll figuring my way around it)?

5. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

Bring hackers and forward observers, you'll probably get 1 obj card they can do. Then take the hvt and try to stay alive while aggressively killing your opponent.

He'll need to get danger close to cc so don't forget that option. All forward deployment and infiltration is roughly even so make sure you aren't upgrading for the superior infiltration. That said I like the idea of a HD nanopulsar as your opponent tries to clear the zone.

Safest answer would be bikes and HI link. Two missile launchers will pause their advance dealing with avoiding the templates, while domaru will enjoy the cc and chain rifle ranges. I would take the assault hacker bike in case your opponent has the same idea.

geo67 likes this.
  6. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Nah, link teams are declared at the start of the game, not during list construction, so there's no way to indicate it in Army. I just assumed it was the Domaru+Kempeitai+Keisotsu link since they were together on the list and its unusual to play a 4-man core. The 5 man bonus is massive. There's almost no reason to not take a fifth unit in the core.

7. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I
    was Emperor of the world strutting into BiotechVore last night. Man, I got smoked by some Haqq baddies. I messed up my deployment, left bikes unprotected, and got many of my troops eaten by nanotech virus'. I honestly thought my list, which is above, minus the Rui Shi/hacker, was pretty decent. What I didn't take into consideration was just how fast orders burn trying to get your guys out of the zone strategically, mis calculating on others and them getting stuck in the zone.

Take aways from the game,
    don't ever put two Bikes next too each other, the die so fast, and are extremely fragile.
    Yojimbo has a HUGE target on his back,
    hiding troops is great, until you forget about them (sorry Ryuken 9, i barely knew ya),
    it's a fine line being aggressive and getting the "eff" out of the zone.
    Haqqs bring some very nasty stuff to the table.
    Played like I had a pair, forgot to Play Like I had a Plan, (well my plan was to speed out of the zone, and hold my opponent in the zone to let him die to Nanovirus, I forgot people shoot back).
    Pluses
    It was my first game at 300pts, a bit overwhelming, but pretty cool.
    Oyama and Daiyokai fire team is so fun, and scares the Hell out of people.
    Yojimbo must be a bad ass, he was lobbing smoke left and right, and made so many saves in a row before he was cut down by missiles. (my opponent actually stated, Yojimbo must die, because he was the mosts dangerous man on the battle field).

This is a mission that is happening in the Krug next month. I'm not sure I'll be ready to play in the Krug, but wanted to get my feet wet at 300pts, and try this mission.

Image of my soon to be dead bikers, after looking at the photo, I shake my head, and say, "What were you thinking?" My troops must hate me.

33400439_10216590490585068_5549446991697674240_n.jpg

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation