1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Yu Jing Release 2021

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Dec 22, 2021.

?

What New Yu Jing release in 2021 is your favorite?

1. Ye Mao Infantry (Hacker)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jujak Regiment box

4.4%
  3. Shang Ji Invincibles box

77.8%
  4. Shaolin Warrior Monk (DA CCW)

17.8%
  1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I started this just to get something going because it's dead. Now I'm realized how little actually came out for Yu Jing this year. I'm not counting re-packs and mercenaries that are not Yu Jing. Only new figures.

For me it's got to be the Shang Ji for best but sometimes worse. I love the look of them all but only one of the three is going to see a lot of table time.

After them it's the Shaolin Monk. I've always liked the monks but I love this one.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

3. Space Ranger

Thanks @Mahtamori I wish I had thought of that.

4. Mahtamori

I like the look of the Jujaks the most, but I just can't build a list that I find interesting so that instantly puts them at the bottom of the list.

Shaolin is also excellent, but like the above there is a list building caveat, though this time it is that I want more than just one Shaolin. An "SWC" box containing several Shaolin and probably also a general release for Liang Kai would've been excellent and probably gotten my vote.

Ye Mao has parts of the Jujak vibe of not generating interesting lists, but mainly I'd have wanted a box of several Ye Mao.

As it is, the Shangers gets the vote. They're the perfect storm of extremely useful and very well executed. I still haven't bought any owing to a backlog that not only has a lot of minis in it, but also includes the table to assemble and paint miniatures at and the storage system to put the painting backlog in...

Hey, at least it's not a Year of Yu Jing :joy:

LucaGirolami and Chaserabinov like this.
  5. Space Ranger

I'm not so sure about next year either. The only figure that doesn't have at least one is Tian Gou. Also there's not general release of Lei Gong or Qiang Gao. Unless they do re-sculpts, make new troops, or come out with missing profiles, there is nothing that needs a box set now.

I pulled this together because I'm weird and couldn't stop myself. I'm not counting re-packs and Mercenaries go into NA2.
    2021 New figures figures
    Nomads 7 Releases, 23 figures
    PanO 7 Releases, 21 figures
    Ariadna 6 Releases, 15 figures
    O-12 7 Releases, 14 Figures
    NA2 9 Releases, 13 Figures
    Combined Army 5 Releases, 12 Figures
    Yu Jing 4 Releases, 10 figures
    Haqqislam 2 Releases, 2 figures
    Aleph 2 Releases, 2 Figures

I have a feeling we will never see another faction get something like they did with Military Orders this year. ISS could really use it though. But lets face it, Space Knights are always going to sell and we can't begrudge them that.

The faction I think that got screwed the most is Aleph. They got only 2, but Pavarti is also shared by O-12. Haqqislam at least got it's own Saladin and the Muhktar is all them.

Hopes for 2022
    Re-sculpts of Bao
    General Lei Gong
    Hundun HRL
    Liu Xing Multi-Rifle or Spitfire
    Anything with madtraps
    Surprisingly very little else.

If they really want my money, they should do a MO-like new release of ISS with some new troops and re-sculpts. 3 Celestials, 1 Bao MSR, 1 Crane Hacker, 1 Zhanying, new HSG Su Jian, and Kanren. Kanren or Zhyanying with Madtraps.

#5 Space Ranger, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  6. Mahtamori

We're coming off of like 3 years straight of pretty intense releases along the lines of what PanO got this year, I wouldn't get worried if we have two more modest years. What's more interesting is what direction faction will take with releases in general. It's highly popular so being put on hold is not in the cards unless CB puts Infinity as a whole on hold, and White Banner was pretty low on new units focusing mostly on the "old" units. Add in that Yu Jing is a faction short on the other "main" factions, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another faction coming soon™.

ISS also has high potential for a bunch of resculpts.

7. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I vote for the jujak. The sculpts are just great. If it was for usefulness it would be the Shang ji or the shaolin.

I would love a MO stlye overhaul for imperial service with a new box. Just feels weird to play in N4.
    I share space rangers hopes for the Hundun HRL, additional liu xing and new bao, since the bao are the only troops for imperial service I am missing. Not that I am heavily indicated to take them as of now with their restricted fireteams. Them and the pheasant are in need of some love.

Space Ranger likes this.
  8. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

Hands down the Shang Ji box is the best release of 2021. Not only do they pleay great, they also look really awsome :).

I also quite like the remaining miniatures, but the Shang Ji`s ale just brilliant :).

Also, great idea with the poll!

Space Ranger and Dragonstriker like this.
  9. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I voted the monk, it's great to see the variations in weaponry depicted on these miniatures and he stands out quite a bit. Sure, a full box of models looking like this would have been great though. @Mahtamori did I miss something - Liang Kai has a general release - or did you mean to combine him in the box or something?

I could have voted Shang Ji, great models (multi-rifle is such a smooth poser). But for me it's the same power poses and the ML model holding a secondary which puts me off. That and the box of 3 + tinbot, if I saw some great list ideas using all the models I'd jump on the box with that in mind, as it is I'm waiting to afford a single model from a split purchase (HMG, the practical poser). Though please do feel free to help change my mind on how useful having 3-4 in a list could be ^_^

Jujaks, different, no second weapon on the missile model which is nice - but is that Tinbot not just the Shang Ji one with shield on the other arm?

Ye Mao, I'd have liked a box :) Even though the lense placements on their masks are a little too wide, I feel that's one of their key features to differentiate them. Not seeing the mask on the hacker (as his hacker visor is down instead of up) kinda takes away a little bit for me. Practical, but rather unexciting pose compared to the Panzerfaust Ye Mao from the ITS pack.

Overall a great lineup of models which only makes me appreciate that I bought into Yu Jing Kaldstrom. Not a single model I wouldn't want to own if I could afford and justify them all :)

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Oh right. He's the "Yu Jing" Hero (even if he's clearly the White Company hero). Don't mind me, I'm just salty his fireteam options suck

Dragonstriker and infyrana like this.
  11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Thats an easy one! For sure the Shang-Ji win. For me not only Yu Jing, but overall Infinity - they are just great!

I voted with the overall (look, playablity) use in mind.

Second is the monk (look alone), third are the Jujaks (look great in their bulky grace but the playability is poor, very poor, when I finish painting them (which can be a while, because I have more then one army to serve) I will put them all in a list, but after that only one ore two from time to time ... if the rules will not be better (i.e. they get a least haris, better core or get wildcard). Number four is the Ye Mao hacker, his usability is great (he is the best hacker in WB) and the look is great also. Only downside is the sword ... why? Because the Swiss has one too?

Genral a good idea to fresh the sector up a bit, but no, not more Celiastials, the new SWC ones are still waiting for paint and that said, we had already a CG resculpt. The Zhanying is missing the HMG, not that I realy miss that. Su Jian does fine, I don´t think we realy need a HSG Version. Crane Hacker sounds nice. Fresh Bao incl fresh rules would be super. One Wu Ming (or better both, BSG and HMG are already up to date) resculpt with the older loadouts. Of course new Tzu with fresh ruleset. Maybe a lim ed ABH mit SMG :-)

My wishlist for 2022

Tian Guo - Hacker please and with Madtraps. I use him very often.
    Lian - Multi (and later SF)
    Lei Gong - regular MMR Version
    Hulang SMG
    Daofei Hacker - comes with a free spare Multi Rifle that can replace the HMG of the poor beyond HMG that now suffers shelf-guarding time.
    Zuyong with combi - maybe as a paramedic
    brand new S6 TAG for ISS - maybe CB could find something here in the forums ;-)

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Shang Ji are, in all ways, the peak of what a higher-end basic HI should be. The box is aesthetically gorgeous, and well worth the wait. Clear winner here.

The Shaolin is definitely up there as a contender for the best individual sculpt to come out this year, let alone for YJ, but suffers from really wanting friends. He'd be up there with the Shang Ji box if he wasn't alone.

The Jujak box is as absolutely gorgeous as it is completely pointless on the tabletop. And that's an incredible compliment to its sculptor(s?). Unfortunately, that tabletop irrelevance makes it very difficult to justify buying a whole box and making room in my backlog for. And as much as I'd like to avoid letting a trooper's tabletop value get in the way of its quality as a model/release, this one really stings.

The hacking visor on the Ye Mao takes a design that I really disliked and makes me dislike it less, helping to cover up that hideous visor. A significant improvement, but the random sword and hacker pose aren't exactly inspiring. Solid, if uncompelling.

#12 Weathercock, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  13. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

I picked Shang Ji in the poll, but for me it's really this good boi:
    [​IMG]

Myomer, Stuffist, Henshini and 4 others like this.
  14. Weathercock

That is a vile, evil thing, that must be stricken from memory for all time.

Pierzasty and Dragonstriker like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Next year's winner right there.

Myomer and YueFei23 like this.
  16. Space Ranger

I now think that if any faction/sectoral that would get an overhaul it would be either QK or Acon. Acon just because it's PanO but QK has been dead for a while. But I have a feeling, because they got so little this year, next years two faction set will be Haqqislam and Aleph. They both got very little figs this year and they have not been in a set since Red Veil and Coldfront. Haqq could be a comeback for QK but not sure about Aleph. It could have re-sculpts of Steel Phalanx. Also, they are last two factions to be added to Code One. THAT's the big indicator there.

#16 Space Ranger, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  17. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Yeah, I've heard rumblings that Steel Phalanx will be back. Haq also seems to be a no-brainer to bring into Code One.

18. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

My only wish list for next year is a guilang combi.

19. Weathercock

It's kind of absurd that we've not seen a modern release for the profile, let alone a standalone one.

It's a trooper that you rarely ever want less than two of in any of the factions that can take them. I'd go as far as to say that they're a strong contender for the best trooper in all of YJ.

Especially with how head-and-shoulders the BSG Guilang is above his older models, including the awkward MSR from Beyond Red Veil, we're well beyond time for some new sculpts.

Hell, CB could put out an SWC box with 3 Guilangs and MR or BSG Daofei (although the BSG Daofei could use a minor cherry on top. I'd love to see it become an engineer), and I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

20. Space Ranger

CB for some reason never comes out with the actual good profile first. I'm guessing to make you buy the other when as well when it comes out. But that means nothing if you never come out with it. Luckily the Guilang BSG is actually good. But they have yet to come out with SMG Hulang, any Liu Xing, etc.

Next year I'm feeling we are going to be like Haqq/Aleph was this year with only 2 releases. Next year will be Haqq/Aleph set, and maybe an Acon or Neoterra set? Honestly I don't know. But then, maybe 2023 they will update ISS. See below.

As I mentioned in another thread, after the Long Ya comes out, there's nothing yet to come out that would merit a box release (They will eventually do an Army pack but that's just the Kaldstrom stuff finally bundled together). They could do a re-sculpt of something like Bao but that's all I can think of.

I think the list I did above is going to cycle.

2021 New figures figures
    Nomads 7 Releases, 23 figures
    PanO 7 Releases, 21 figures
    Ariadna 6 Releases, 15 figures
    O-12 7 Releases, 14 Figures
    NA2 9 Releases, 13 Figures
    Combined Army 5 Releases, 12 Figures
    Yu Jing 4 Releases, 10 figures
    Haqqislam 2 Releases, 2 figures
    Aleph 2 Releases, 2 Figures

Haqqislam (QK or new Sectoral?)
    Aleph (Steel Phalanx revised?)
    Nomads
    PanO
    Ariadna
    O-12
    NA2
    Combined Army
    Yu Jing

Combined Army
    Yu Jing (guessing: Revised ISS or New sectoral)
    Haqqislam
    Aleph
    Nomads
    PanO
    Ariadna
    O-12
    NA2

#20 Space Ranger, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation