1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to mark Combat Group affiliation on miniatures

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dalaule, Nov 16, 2019.

1. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

As topic says. Do you have some clever and elegant ways of marking Combat Group affiliation on your miniatures?

In our club we use red rubberbands hanging from the miniatures weapons (or something else sticking out), but it's not very aesthetically pleasing.

Painting each Combat Group differently could work, but would be messed up when you swap troopers from one Combat Group to another, or if you want to change your list sometime.

I've seen some battlereports where they attach some kind of marker to the base, and it looks kind of nice, but I want something I can "make" myself. Any ideas?

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Neodymium magnet in the base (some of us already magnetize to transport) and some magnetized small color thingie on top / rim of base?

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Get the chalkboard paint. Paint the edge of your base. Use chalkboard markers to put a mark on it. Wipe and replace as needed.

dalaule and Section9 like this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Rubber band around the base?

Some CMON games have a unit-ownership marker ring that clips onto the base of the model in question, but I don't know how many of those are 25mm or 40mm...

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I use Customeeple LoF arc (blue one for group 1 and red one for group 2)

Section9, bladerunner_35 and Sabin76 like this.
  6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Base rings are annoying, I find. They don't "stick" with the unit, so it's a lot of manually shuffling things around.

I'd probably suggest the color-coded acrylic inserts that go underneath a base. They make units slightly taller, but that's pretty playable and not very inconvenient. I think Warsenal makes them.

Solar and Myomer like this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Quick cheap system: small sticky notes, different colors. Place them in the table with the glue up, then the miniature over the glue strip; the paper zone left can be used to note down info like proxy (or group if you only have one color). They will follow and they can be used for LoF if accurately placed.

8. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

I like a little magnetic fiddly bit that can be added to the theme of the base (green plant vs blue plant, red led light vs blue led light, green blood dead Shas head vs red blood dead shas head)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

By the way : one of the advantage of using LoF colored marker to mark group : they don't stick to the base, so each time you move a mini, you have to move the colored marker separatly.

How is it an advantage ? It forces you to take a second and think of your LoF at the end of your order which is very (very) important.

LoganGarnett and Section9 like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I just use a different colour customeeple order marker next to the models base.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very good point!

LoganGarnett and Rizzy like this.
  12. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Since no one mentioned it yet...
    Found it easiest to only mark group 2 (using the same as everyone else - LOF/SF base attachments). Handling 5-8 Markers is a lot more convenient than an extra 10-14ish (taking Servant Bots, G:Sync, Posthumans, Antipodes or Puppetbots into account). Adding/removing a Token if you switch Combat Groups is pretty straight forward from there.

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I use green order tokens as group 1 and blue for group 2, so I use these status discs (from Warsenal) for the corresponding combat group. This has the added benefit of marking LoF as well, without ruining (IMO) the base of your miniature by painting the base.

[​IMG]

Section9 likes this.
  14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

[​IMG]

ZlaKhon, Belgrim, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation