1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best release poll - January 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by Kakino, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Which is your favourite release of January 2018?

Poll closed Jan 17, 2018.
  1. Warcors, War Correspondents (Stun Pistol)

11.8%
  2. Thorakitai box

25.3%
  3. The Charontids (Plasma Rifle)

25.3%
  4. 3rd Highlander Grey Rifles (HMG)

14.1%
  5. Die Morlock Gruppe box

18.2%
  6. None of them! (Oh man, first poll and I'm an offical hater)

5.3%
  1. Kakino

Kakino Desconfiando de Aleph

It's time to create the first the best release poll in the new forum. Christmas is coming so we have known the next releases soon this month. It's easy, we put pics with releases and you vote your favourite one. It's not about vote for your faction, so just be fair and vote the one you thinks it's the best (if you don't like nothing you have an option to vote that too), and if you want you can give your comment or opinion, feel free. The poll will be colsed in 30 days.
    Re-packs aren't current releases so aren't included in the poll, and I didn't include Aristeia releases neither, just Infinity releases.
    So let's start:

Family photo: January 2018.jpg

Warcors, War Correspondents (Stun Pistol) - Sculpted by GT Studio:
    Warcor 1.jpg Warcor 2.jpg

Thorakitai - Sculpted by Antonio Moreira:
    Thorakitai 1.jpg Thorakitai 2.jpg

The Charontids (Plasma Rifle) - Sculpted by Javier Ureña:
    The Charontids 1.jpg The Charontids 2.jpg

3rd Highlander Grey Rifles (HMG) - Sculpted by GT Studio:
    3rd Highlander Grey Rifles (HMG) 1.jpg 3rd Highlander Grey Rifles (HMG) 2.jpg 3rd Highlander Grey Rifles (HMG) 3.jpg
    Die Morlock Gruppe - Sculpted by GT Studio:
    Die Morlock Gruppe 1.jpg Die Morlock Gruppe 2.jpg

#1 Kakino, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Golem2God likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Grey Vs Thorakitai Vs warcor... hard choice, but I will have to vote what I will buy first XD

Edit:
    Who said scotsmen wore kilts (whithout trouser or underwear!) and were stingy? This guy looks so well endowed he wants go share his love machine's action with everybody! Come and get some tesseum, ye greenhorns! XD

#2 xagroth, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  3. Kakino

Kakino Desconfiando de Aleph

I'm tempted to vote the new DC models morlocks, but honestly they aren't better than the previous. Thoras are OK and warcor too (The charontinds needs an other paint scheme), so my vote is for the caledonian and his big... moustache.

xagroth likes this.
  4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Eh, there's nothing that jumps at me saying "buy me!".

Highlander HMG - decent 3/5, looks nice, usable, extra arm for conversion fodder, probably the one I like best from that bunch.
    Warcor - lol at the fidget spinner drone, but it's noticeably better than the old standard model. Magno version still superior.
    Charontid - another victim of the CA standardization, but if I'm gonna have to convert it anyway (dem organic hands), with that helmet and backpack it might make a good hacker model.
    Thorakitai - completely unremarkable models filling holes in loadouts. And I still say that the Aleph Feuerbach that doesn't know whether it wants to be a sniper rifle or an ML looks silly.

ed: Oh wait, the movie ripoff squad. Technically decent sculpts, but Knight Models already makes those IIRC :v I guess I could improve the lizardman and convert the purple dude into a new edition of the "shades and spikes" model, but if I had to do that I'd rather just buy the old ones or even some Jaguars to convert.

xagroth likes this.
  5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Just because you know..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Murtagh from Outlander TV Series

Barrogh, Golem2God and Kakino like this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Torn between Highlander and Thorakitai... very good releases.

Barrogh likes this.
  7. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

ill drop a review

Thorakitai 9/10- amazingly fit for purpose for the tier of unit they are, sculpts are functional and well executed with natural poses, duplicate bodies well hidden

Highlander Grey- 7/10 (9/10 for putting in extra arms though) nice functional model, though something feels off on the stomach area, models profile is a little blocky, though this is probably armour under the cloth. two arms on gun feels more natural though as it smooths out the blockiness of the profile.

Charontid 9/10- powerful and intimidating, nice upgrade on the original design, the hands have an uncanny valleyness to them which I actually like, pose is strong my vote for best of the month

Warcor- 6.5/10 I like her design but posing is slightly clunky

Morlocks- as a set ill give them 8/10 for quality of the sculpt but a 3/10 for design
    -Killer croc (9/10) best of the lot and saving grace of the box, the reference is better blended into the model similar to how good collosus one is, different paint can also lessen the reference. The pose is strong and slightly inhuman which gets across the off nature of the morlocks
    -Joker (3/10) save from a 2/10 on fact that I think It can be salvaged by conversion to replace head and arms, the design of joker doesnt suit no sleeves, the collar on him feels far to wide, in general I like the new Bakunin body plate but it feels akward with the "codpiece section", especially with the belt over it and the pose. The pose feels awkward with cape having more movement than rest of the model. In general this model feels like it is an awkward conversion using infinity parts, each limb doesnt flow, the facial expression is kinda weird.
    -harley and katana (5/10) usable but have hte issue of "how are these morlocks, what metachem do they represent" Katanas pose is cool, but they also run into issue I have with riot grrls, they are a "fast" unit for running up the board and doing stuff aggressively yet their poses are character poses, designed to show calmness and leadership. the starter set morlock perfectly demonstrated the pose that is perfect for warbands, had the harley been running with hammer, or posed like ajax and katana in a run like domaru they would have sold the character of the models more. The characters shown in this pose is not that of the morlocks, its that of Harley Quinn and katana.

My main issue with overuse of references is they lose the joke after a while, or for people who dont like the media they reference they break the immersion of the game. Tongue in cheek references here and there are cool, had 1 of the morlocks been a reference that would have been enough and a nice nod to comic books but now you have a whole squad of very very on the nose references.

so there fore I think Charontid is the best release this month.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Amrod

Amrod Well-Known Member

It's the first month in a long time I really like everything. Maybe the scots are the weak point (shame on me...). It's a tough Thorakitai VS Charontids VS Morlock decision then... And I think I'm supporting the nomads this time.

9. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the Suicide Squad. Love the Warcor though so it gets my vote even if the rest seem pretty good too.

Pierzasty likes this.
  10. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Thorakitai, obviously.

Belgrim and Stiopa like this.
  11. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Go Go Morlocks!

12. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

It's surprising to see the morlocks getting a lot of votes. They got bashed pretty hard in the January News thread. Just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks. Even an infinity mini can be polarizing.

I absolutely love the thorikitai, and they got my vote.

Stiopa likes this.
  13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Thorakitai box is pretty close to a perfect box, business poses, hands on guns, no rocks, cool uniforms and paint jobs, good load-outs, only one pig disgusting left-handed model and it's the one that isn't going to see much use anyway.

Barrogh and Belgrim like this.
  14. Drayton

Drayton Well-Known Member

i love the warcor playing with the spinner xD

ArTrodes likes this.
  15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I'm voting for the Charontids because its a big improvement over the old model. But I'll admit that Thorakitai is nearly a tie. They are great models. I think the Feuerbach will get use since being in a fireteam will give it +1 burst and it has explosive ammo making it a good ARO unit.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I noticed the resemblance as well.
    I like the lady warcor & the HMG Grey Rifle but the Charontid takes the cake for best release in January.

17. ArTrodes

ArTrodes Never give up

I vote to Warcor.
    - Hate Aleph
    - not bad Charontid
    - HMG rifle is another guy with kilt, nothing new
    - Morlocks... well, i only love one, Crock. Rest is sooooo human (Morlocks would be strange people with modifications body).

And repacks... well, are repacks.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

The Warcor wins it for me manly because she's one of the two interesting releases for me this month.

The other one is the Morlock box (see opinion here)... the fact that the Warcor, aka. the lazy bum loitering around while flash pulsing everyone, has a more dynamic pose than our formely beloved genetically and pharmaceutically enhanced maniacs is pure irony :D

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised. People are more likely to voice their discontent than their support under appropriate circumstances.

OT: I voted for thorakitai for reasons mentioned by @the huanglong
    Although I should also mention the Grey, for two reasons. First, an option to alter pose seems like a nice compromise between scenic and pragmatic approaches people used to wage forum wars over in the past. Second, this grumpy lad arrived just in time to show what makes a difference between subtle and cheesy references (thanks @tox ).

20. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Thorakitai for me. They’re stunning good. I really like the Charontid too, and the WarCor. Not a fan of the Morlocs except the Croc guy who is amazing, and the Scot is alright.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation