1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben’s Aristeia! Proxy Project

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Theycallhimben, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Theycallhimben

Hello everyone.

I played a couple of games of Aristeia! and Enjoyed it, but I was not completely sold on the quality of the plastic miniature is. However I wasn’t quite prepared to splash out on the special edition with the metal minute cheers. What a terrible conundrum.

And then I remembered that Corvus Belli make literally hundreds of other miniatures that can easily be repurposed as the Aristeia! characters.

I started painting proxies for Aristeia using a bright colour scheme as if they're being sponsored by an energy drinks company. The initial photos are very ropey but hopefully you can see how the project's coming along.

First up, Gata chose for this season a classy jacket and bodice combo in team colours. She’s the Miranda Ashcroft model, which I thought was a very obvious replacement for Gata because of her pose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is a more youthful-looking Miyamoto Musashi. He’s Nadai from the Outrage box - I painted him before Aristeia! Came out, and he ended up the prototype for the lurid pastels of the team colours.. He might well be replaced with another version since I’ve got the actual Musashi box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also on the table are new versions of Max, Lunah and Parvati, making it a bit of a project. Also any suggestions for proxy models for Wild Bill, Hexxer and especially 8-ball gratefully received.

#1 Theycallhimben, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

the SMG airborne ranger with his gun swapped for a desperado's pistol(or just call it a cosmetically modified contender) for a young Wild bill, any of the reverend types could work for hexxer, 8 ball is the only difficult one. Fat Yuan Yuan maybe?

3. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That skin is spot on, man. Great work!

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Remember you literally have 3 other metal-casted Musashi going around: the blister one, and the 2-bodies box.

5. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Four other Musashi:
    15123105509991501585515.jpg

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Great ideas!

For 8-Ball i would suggest to use Bran Do Castro, he is also animal-like, and a kung-fu master with a quarterstaff

upload_2017-12-3_15-33-53.jpeg

Actually i was thinking to do exactly the opposite, using 8-Ball as Bran Do Castro on my infinity games :laughing: he is a bit too big, though, so it would require intensive use of silluetes on play.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Theycallhimben

Bran is a really good idea. A Dog Soldier/Antipode/werewolf of choice is another possibility.

I’m also thinking about the Soldiers of Fortune. Valkyrie would be a particular problem. Does anyone know if the Aristeia expansions will have plastic or metal miniatures as standard?

Also new skins would solve the problem neatly but we’ve only had Maximus’ This Is Sparta skin confirmed so far, I think.

8. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As far as i know, standard expansions will be on plastic, and "alternate skins" on metal.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation