1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome poses and resculpting old models

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nemo No Name, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Coldront box included a resculpt of Naga Sniper. Setting aside gameplay concerns, the new sculpt is great, it's simple, classic, and perfectly disappointing.
    upload_2018-8-30_11-6-6.png

Why, you ask?

Because the old sculpt pose had so much more character:
    [​IMG]

So here's my question for discussion. Would you like that sculptors reuse some of the old, awesome poses? Both in the resculpts for same models but also for new sculpts?

For example, I'm very divided about the Anathematic resculpt. I mean, yes, a resculpt would be nice, but the old pose is so AWESOME. And new Avatar and Charontid are honestly so disappointing and overdrone-ey, that frankly I am afraid of what it's going to end up looking as.

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

That's your valid opinion.
    I disiked the old one cause it's unrealistic.

Don't want to convince anyone, only say my meening to prevent CB to relase sings only cause of no one disagrees.

3. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Errrr... Unrealistic how?

chromedog likes this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Who the hell transports a rifle this way beneath the backback and holds it with one hand?

TaHu, Zewrath and ObviousGray like this.
  5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

She is unholstering the Rifle from her back. You really don't want to mount that on top of the backpack as it will swing around everywhere, so you put your backpack on top of it.

Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

...actually, probably not unholstering after all. Just holding it with one hand while running so it, again, doesn't swing around everywhere.
    Anyway the point is, that pose is legit and I'd be inclined to call it interesting simply because it is a snapshot from the battlefield other than "pew pew shoot all 'dem enemies".

#5 Teslarod, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think the new one looks way better.

saint, Dragonstriker, TaHu and 2 others like this.
  7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

and you have the right to your opinion, however wrong that it may be. I'm with Nemo on this.

"unrealistic"? It's a "female shaped" bio-roid body with superior (to base meatbag human) attributes. If you've already covered the "unrealistic" with that, then anything else just blends in.

McNamara, Space Ranger and tdc like this.
  8. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I agree.

9. Ben Kenobi

You know what I mean. If you want these discussion again, go on, but without me.
    To have an own oppion, even if it's not yours, it's not a crime.

10. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

It is difficult to say. Sculptor is more than merely an artisan. I think they would improve somehow old models, not merely copying them. You could dislike the result, but surely they will be more motivated with this freedom in pose instead of just updating.

On top of this lots of people simply don't care about scale, and therefore they probably already have the old version of Naga Sniper and that's it.

On the other side, I made an extensive transforming job to have an Intruder sniper in new scale with the old pose, using HMG model.

11. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I love the new pose, I always prefer at ready or shooting poses.

Dragonstriker, Myomer and Zewrath like this.
  12. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Bostria described the old one as one of the most iconic models in the range so I'm surprised the new one deviated so far. On the other hand, I prefer my sniper models to really look like snipers so that there is no confusion on what they are. At the same time, I've never used her since I'm an SAA player and I need my Nagas to be midfield skirmishers.

This is a really weird thing to say.

Keyrott and chromedog like this.
  13. Scrap square

Scrap square angry beta male

Lmao.

The old sculpts were way cooler. I would love to see them return. These new aiming/covering the torso positions suck to paint and get boring really quickly. Where did our screaming for help trauma doc go? What about the old running orcs and jumping over walls Wulvers. Those were OG as heck

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I agree that the 'covering the torso' poses suck to paint. The original line infantry got away with that because they were one piece. Now, though... ugh. Pain in the ass to paint, unless you don't glue the gun into place until after you painted.

The proper way to carry a long gun like the Naga's sniper rifle is vertically, with the barrel running up and down your spine. Anything else will catch on damn everything on the battlefield.

The new Naga sniper's pose isn't quite right. Her weight is too far back, on her back leg. Your weight needs to be on your front leg, or else the recoil will knock you on your ass. (Yes, I teach people to shoot.) Her back shoulder should be ahead of her back leg. That puts the recoil force down the body, down the leg and into the ground. No, it's not quite a natural pose, because it puts the weight of the weapon on top of your front leg, off center. But you need the weight of the weapon 'hanging' like that to soak up the recoil.

I honestly hated the Parkour Wulver. I'm working on a fancy base with him staggering-drunk, leaning against a lightpost with 4 different bottles of national cheapass liquor rolling around underfoot. It's kinda backburner now, since I ended up with the original 3 wulvers, a converted Wulver Girl, and then the new box of 4. Pretty sure you can't field 8 Wulvers in any game.

Berjiz likes this.
  15. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say I loved the look of the old sculpt, but it had assembly issues. The tiny finger gun arm (which I'd say is one of the top ten arm/poses in the entire range) breaks constantly, as does the single-foot-on-base.

I know that CB has been looking to make things easier to assemble, so I wonder if those points were reasons for choosing a super-generic pose with a tactical rock.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  16. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I pinned it all, so mine is all still intact and I got that starter a couple of months after it was released and the glue is still fine.

Helps that I've been using helping hands to assist me on small jobs since my teens (3 decades ago) and have the tools and skills for drilling out small things, though.

As for people liking some stuff and not liking others ...

I can't stand the tohaa line, most of the combine, and 90% of Ariadna so if anyone's a "criminal" for not liking models, lock me the hell up.

17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I like the new one but I do like the old pose better. But I already own the old one.

I think it would be fine to reuse old poses.

18. Ben Kenobi

Couldn't see the picture yesterday. Answer is no.
    First: In your picture the gun is not horizontal, rather more diagonal, what makes sense.
    Second: It's not beneath a backpack.

19. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

The new sculpts (not only the Naga) are far better than the old ones IMO, but... they mostly lack dynamism, movement that was a distinct feature of CB minis. I sometimes find them... soulless. So I often prefer the old ones.

20. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Could go find a piece of rope a backpack and a broomstick if a visual aid more closely resembling the Naga's pose helps you picturing it.
    From where I stand a back-holstered Rifle with one handed stabilisation isn't quite suited to be subject to opinion, sorry mate.
    Not sure how you got that idea in your head there is something to disagree with, but that pose exists if you're transporting something as clunky as a full fledged Sniper Rifle.

(Depending on length of the Rifle and terrain properties, Holsters can be used vertical, horizontal and anything in between if you want)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation