1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar - Infinity RPG Character Storage web app/site

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by devolutionary, Apr 2, 2018.

1. devolutionary

devolutionary Probably an Umbra spy

So I'm one of the players in AdmiralJCJF's game, namely the filthy bloody Wulver who sounds Scottish-ish (when I manage it) but might be a Kazak Oligarch.

I initially started making a personal app for use on my laptop purely to store my character, however AdmiralJCJF pushed me to do a full app, so I did.

AVATAR | Infinity RPG Character Storage

It's in effective final beta, since it's so simple it doesn't require much more. I built it to allow storage of mechanical elements of the sheet. Currently it is lacking Remotes and a couple of other minor areas like any starships, it also is very manual right now since the data entry for Talents, Hosts, and the like would be so tremendously boring I can't be bothered.

I did some work to make it usable on mobile as well, though given the complexity of the sheets it may not be super accessible. There are some quality of life things I'd like to do around that, but it requires a bunch of testing and development time, and right now I want to take a bit of a break from active development to resume work on a D&D setting.

Feel free to ask questions and the like if you want.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

This looks really cool, thanks for sharing!

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Very cool!

Is it possible to build it to import/export from the standard PDF character format? No idea if that’s stupidly difficult but that would make converting to/from the ‘normal’ system easier.

4. devolutionary

devolutionary Probably an Umbra spy

Alas no. That would basically need players to run some stuff on their side to export to a usable document, then clean it up, then transfer. It also would only work for a very select few types of sheet and require me to learn a bunch of things I simply don't know :(

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I suspected as much. :)

6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to @devolutionary for putting the effort into this.

It's something which I thought the community would appreciate, so I'm really glad to see it get out there.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation