1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic skill - marker/hidden/holo - Chain of Command

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Jedkar Midune, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Jedkar Midune

Jedkar Midune Member

Hello,

I think the answer has been provided in the thread for counterintelligence in marker state but I think it is worth adding for clarity.

If a unit with an automatic skill like Chain of Command, does the unit need to reveal/come out of current state (camo, holo, hidden) for the skill to take effect. Or will the automatic skill trigger/be considered active regardless of state of unit.

This occurred in a game with a Sepulcher CoC knight in holomarker state when the Xenotech wanted to benefit from the CoC +3 bonus to the Xenotech rolls.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Automatic Skills are always active and don't need to be declared, so making use of them won't break Camouflaged, Holoecho etc. state.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I would agree for camouflaged, holoechoes... but I have doubt regarding hidden.

One of hidden effect is :"Until a trooper's Hidden Deployment state is canceled, that trooper is considered not to be on the game table at all. Consequently, such a trooper does not affect allied LoF, is not affected by Template Weapons, etc."

I'm pretty sure "not being on the game table" would prevent CoC from activating.

(there are no TO CoC right now so this is pure theory witouht game application)

Robock likes this.
  4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Repeater is automatic equipment and its use will place a TO marker on the table. I agree that to use CoC or Executive Order, you would need to place the TO marker on the table. But CoC/Exec won't break holo, camo, or TO camo state.

5. ijw

This was specifically about marker states.

Executive Order and CoC both specify that the trooper has to be on the table, whether that's as a marker or a model.

Hecaton and Robock like this.
  6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The problem was that the original poster’s question wasn’t making that distinction, “come out of current state (camo, holo, hidden) ...”

So it needs to be made clear that hidden deployment does NOT work like the other states:
    • There are skills like Chain of Command and Exec that simply don’t work because the model isn’t “on the table” yet. (And there are the side effects like hidden deployment isn’t a valid recipient for G:Mnemonica for the same reasons, and Strategos on a hidden deployment lieutenant leads to loss of lieutenant...)
    • There are skills like Repeater that will reveal the hidden deployment trooper because the rules specifically say so (either in the effects or in the rest of the entry)
    The remainder, automatic skills you can actually use or benefit from while in hidden deployment, are probably things like minelayer.

inane.imp, Xeurian and ijw like this.
  7. ijw

Thanks, I had missed that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation