1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Augment Procedure Question

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by Hisey, Feb 27, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Hisey

Hisey Well-Known Member

So, I've been through the augment rules in the core rule book and the MetaChemistry rules in the Mercenaries book and there's something that's stood out to me that I've been unable to find.

The second bullet point under complications reads; "There are complications in the procedure, inflicting +1 difficulty to future Medicine and Resistance tests made while installing the augmentation."

And under MetaChemistry it says "the subject’s Resistance tests on future Aug installations are at -2 difficulty for the next four years." and "Resistance tests to install them in subjects who have not undergone MetaChemistry are at +2 difficulty"

I can't for the life of me find anything about a Resistance test involved in the Augmentation procedure. What am I missing?

Thanks all

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

I believe the mention of Resistance tests is for Recover actions. You take damage during augmentation procedures and you can use Recover to try and gain back some Vigor.

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Biotech Augmentation is a very interesting done kind of "Human Structural Empowerment" done with some Complex, but very deeply nuanced Rules; usually in Science Fiction Roleplaying is either very subsumed by Cybernetic Bionic "Plastic & Metal Prosthethics" (like in Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk-Red) or is extra developed, but reserved for a Small Sliver of Playable Character "Races / Class" (such as the very interesting "Nephilim Geneengineereds" of "Fragged Empire", or in the very failed "Cyberpunk 2.0" with some Nanotech Bioaugmented "Racial Nation Class" who weren't at all compatible to each other). . .

I think that COULD be a Good Idea (Fan Made? I think Modiphius is done with Infinity and will not write any more Rule manuals) a "Augmentation Compendium" that Collate and Compare the available Bio-Empowerment of Infinity, starting with Haqqislamite "Runihura Super-Soldier" Program, proceeding with the various "Tweak Morphings" and "Animal / Chimera / Uplift" Gene-Engineering of Nomads, then the aforementioned "Paramilitary Mercs Enhancements", Submondo-Related Temporary-Boost Combat Drugs (I believe Nitrocaine started as a Military Pharmacologic Power-Up, then passed to Crackheads Ace Civilian Pilots, finally as Leisure Recreative Narc) and then, finalizing the "Human Templates" also checking on Non-Human Empowerment, especially for Player Characters or Well-Balanced Nemesis NPCs, not only Tohaa-Tech and Combined Army "Bio Vodootech Division" but also more exotic ones like Antipode Cuckoo Virus that create Dogwarriors and their Offsprings, Wulvers. . .

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation