1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault in Very Difficult Terrain

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by RogueJello, May 15, 2019.

1. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Ran into a situation where my opponent had deploy the Dazer. I moved my Teutonic Knight up, and was in the area of effect. On the next order I wanted to declare an Assault.

I understand that Assault is effected by Very Difficult Terrain, but it is not clear to me how it is effected. In the case of the Teutonic Knight, his MOV is 4-4, so the second MOV skill value is 4. Assault is a single Movement Skill, adding up the two values of the MOV attribute, so I'm not moving a second time.

As such RAW appears to indicate that Assault is actually uneffected by Very Difficult Terrain, resulting a Mov of 8", followed by CC, which is unlikely to be RAI.

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Edit: This was not accurate, see my comment below.

#2 meikyoushisui, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think this is a kindred question to "can my Tanko also Move when my Domaru Assaults?", and since the answer there is that you don't actually sub-divide the declaration into three skills, I say Assault inside Very Difficult Terrain would be a total of 2nd MOV+2nd MOV, or in Teuton/Domaru's case 8".

Edit: as long as you actually start inside the zone, 'cause no crossing the boundary without the appropriate terrain skill.

BLOODGOD and inane.imp like this.
  4. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I belive your interpretation is right. Maybe this was the intention.

5. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's not what the Wiki says: "Assault is an Entire Order made up of the Short Movement Skill Move + CC Attack." There is a single short movement skill, the first one.

Urobros likes this.
  6. meikyoushisui

In either case, you should resolve like any other Move. You make one Move the value of the sum of your movement, and this would still be modified by terrain.

If the trooper chooses to continue to move through the Very Difficult Terrain area, he must declare a new Order and suffer the following effects:
    • In Very Difficult Terrain, troopers use only their second MOV value.
    • In Very Difficult Terrain, troopers cannot declare two Short Movement Skills in the same order.
    The assault order only contains one short movement skill (and even that is debatable because CB is not very consistent with nesting skill behaviors and labels), so I guess that is correct, a 4-4 trooper would still have an 8 inch Assault in Very Difficult Terrain.

7. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

No, Assault is not two Move skills glued together followed by a CC Attack, just like Entire Order Super Jump is not the same as declaring Jump twice. For both skills, it's one move that covers the combined distance, not two moves.

Robock likes this.
  8. meikyoushisui

I'm aware of this, my second comment clarifies my new position.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation