1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artichoke Crisis

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Magonus, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Greetings to the Tohaa, warriors of the Trident, survivors of Agreda, veterans of the Daraani-Wotan response, NSresistance to the conquest of the Combined and the cancer of the Triumvirate,

Is there any talk of our plans on this Kurage Crisis on Dawn? The humans are in turmoil once more. You can see that we have not touched down on the island.

[​IMG]

Are there any back channel discussions that must be made public? Any loose plans? Are we to betray our pageant PanOceanian allies once more? Is the Haqqislam-Ariadna-Tohaa alliance presumed again? Is there interest at all? Or shall we merey sail over this sad parochial conflict, as our glimmering ships ponder greater matters, such as unpainted miniatures and ITS tourneys and Steam sales?

2. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Dunno, Commander Magonus. We checked the video feed and thought the climate looked a little harsh, and the residents look less than welcoming, and have some kind of snarling dog things that we've heard bad things about. I know this Igao from another platoon who said a dog thing urinated against his CCW before attacking him - we shouldn't have to deal with that sort of insult to our warrior pride.

So anyway, me and the guys in the Triad were thinking we'd maybe loosen off the old belt-straps, and have us some of that old timey Netflickering Chilltime.

We have a pirated copy of the old Earthling 2-dimensional visual/audio-only feed called Pretty Woman? We can't get enough of it; seriously, we must've watched it ten times in the last campaign alone! Its that bit where the human female says they should "Veg out" and the male doesnt understand and she says "You know, lay like broccolli" - it kills us every time!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d617b7bd-5150-41cc-8332-04daf6e730a1

We're just saying maybe we could see how things develop; see what the CA assholes get up to; let 'em fight it out amongst themselves a bit? You could come over and catch the feed; bring your Triad mates too, if you like; just pick up a 6-pack on the way, because we only have the 9 for ourselves?

Dude - theres a bit where the earth woman lies in bubbling water and sings a song too - "I just need your extra time and your <ringing sound> kiss!" So funny. These humans - they have their own culture and everthing you know, like ... maybe we shouldnt double-cross them after all. Just saying.

#2 Wolf, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Whether my forces are able to participate in the recreational thwacking of talking monkeys will be wholly dependent upon whether our superiors continue to demand detailed after-action reports. My troops are stretched thin as it is and morale is low, I shudder to think of what might happen should I attempt to compel them to write a novella about every single encounter they have with those malodorous creatures.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  4. Wolf

@yojamesbo Dude, the rest of my Triad's coming over; we're blowing off the assault and watching Pretty Woman instead (again - I know, right! :smile:) that Igao I mentioned is bringing a couple of friemds too; no doubt they'll do the story about the dog-thing that peed on his CCW - fucking peed on his spear; can you believe it? What do you say - we could make it a 9-some?

5. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I recommend you guys play defensive in your own base- regards the nomad nation

6. Wolf

@mothman i think that may be the single funniest post since these forums opened; kudos.

So change of plan. Triad-mates: grab your virals, there's a cheeky human on a tragically-circling spaceship who needs a lesson in numerology before we can watch Pretty Woman.

#6 Wolf, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    ChoTimberwolf and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

@Wolf: I recently viewed an interesting documentary on those critters called, Earth Girls Are Easy. I believe that it holds many valuable lessons that will profit the #tohaamasterrace in the years to come.

8. Magonus

Should Tohaa players want to play true-to-form and fight alongside the major body of the Human Sphere; that is, PanOceania and ALEPH, we could make decisive strikes against the untamed Nomads and their allies. Since we have no location, we are in a position to capture without retaliation. The alternative is that we continue our neverending vengeance against the diminished minor empire that is Yu Jing and remain linked with the lesser forces of Haqqislam and Ariadna.

9. Wolf

@Magonus as far as the interactive event, our overarching concern is to defeat the Evolved Intelligence, so we want to be on the team that are most likely to win this event and strengthen our overall position against the Combined Army,- perhaps Pan O/Aleph?)

However, many Yu Jing commanders are feeling pretty depressed about the JSA split, so beating up on them some more would cement their feelings of victimhood, which nourishes the very xylem and phloem of my soul. :smile:

As far as our now-postponed video night, Colin (the Igao) says he got the copy of Pretty Woman from a trader in a Haqqislam caravansary, and that if we make the right connections, maybe they can find a copy of Notting Hill too.

So first choice from my Triad is to go with the likely winners, second choice is to kick Yu Jing while they're down, and third choice would be to further a trading relationship with Haqqislam in the hope of finding more Julia Roberts movies.

#9 Wolf, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Barrogh, Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  10. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I think we proved our point against Yu Jing last time. Kicking them while they are down would be childish and beneath us. Our goal should be to support all the factions of the Human Sphere against the true enemy, the Combined Army.

Though I have to admit that the creepy ALEPH and their AI reminds me a little too much of the EI... So much creepy...

11. Wolf

And yet looking at their posthumans, one could almost think they were beginning to understand the importance of numbers...

12. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Nomads also seem to value the power of 3. One of their ships even seems to be dedicated to being extra shady.

Barrogh, Abrilete and Cothel like this.
  13. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

For those who haven't see this yet.

Abrilete and Wolf like this.
  14. Magonus

Yes. We and the Combined Army will have no location throughout the campaign to defend. So we can fully commit to capture and attack.

15. Vanther

Vanther Manager de los Varuna Sha!rks

If I'm elected Liasson I'm planning to found the "International Triads" (as the historial International Brigades who fought in Spain during the civil war). The good ones, to be clear.

And that leaves out of play dicky-moves and so.

The plan that I want to bring to the Council's table is defending those who in Flamia and Wotan fought against the CA and respected our alliance.

Principally Haqqislam. If anyone attacks their base, my plan is to move our troops to the enemy's base to give some break in the defense of Duban.

As long as in the lore we are close friends with JSA, the same goes to the defense of the Kurage Station.

Ariadna broke our alliance in Wotan, so they could expect no help from us.

Yu Jing is already wounded and I don't want to finish a possible future ally. Now is time for they to reconsider their strategies and alliances (and maybe in the future we could fight together).

16. Vanther

Vanther Manager de los Varuna Sha!rks

P.S.: We are neutral-friendly with PanO and Aleph.

We didn't fight the hyperpotencies, we just fought back against Yu Jing and made them clear our position of strenght.

17. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

I'd wait until the campaign's official forums are open. There's more privacy there.

Anyway, I agree wirh Vanther, although I'd like to be more agresive with Ariadna.

P.S. I'm thinking about what we are going to do with that "no Triumvirate-like moves" when Triumvirate is released...

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Quirk

Quirk squirrel
    Warcor

I support that plan. We are the good guys after all. Never heard of that Triumvirate-thing anyway. Is it a good thing? Nothing important, I guess. (Stop talking, our "allies" are listening!)

Seriously though: When Triumvirate is released we will have to do the same as Combined with their Shasvastii and Haqqislam with their Hassassins and strictly separate in-game from out-game.

Golem2God, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  19. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

This is excellent!!!

20. Pacer

Pacer Member

Is Triumvirate as a sectorial confirmed? I'm busy painting my Tohaa in Triumvirate colours, so I'd be kind of happy if it was a thing.

And yes. We are the good guys. Absolutely. Even our reasons for supporting the Japanese in the uprising were entirely altruistic; they were an oppressed people, we just had to.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation