1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARO outside of ZoC

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by OCEE78, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, If I shoot somebody in the back with a non-template weapon outside of their ZOC can they declare dodge or change facing? Likewise with a template weapon, if they are not facing can they still declare dodge etc? Also with alert, do the other allied units need to roll to change face after a successful Alert?

2. DeltaDrop

DeltaDrop Member

They can turn around if they survive the attack.
    They can turn around if they are attack or in the ZOC of an ally which is attacked.

I don't think they can do anything preemptively, but I'm not an expert.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

1. If you shoot someone in the back from outside ZoC and with a non-template weapon they do not get any ARO at all.
    2. If you shoot someone from outside LoF with a template weapon, they can dodge at -3 if they did not already have an ARO.
    3a. If a model that has LoF to the active model declares Alert as its ARO, other allied models are allowed to declare Change Facing. They follow all the normal rules for this (roll PH-3, turn to put the active model in their front arc if they pass / win FtF).
    3b. There's also Warning, which is a rule that is applied after all rolls are resolved. This allows either the target (if it's alive) or any models within 8" turn to face for free, with no roll required. There are times it is advantageous to choose not to ARO at all so that you can subsequently turn to face using Warning.

Xeurian and OCEE78 like this.
  4. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! That is a great summary.

This is has raised another question, if a unit has stealth but is within ZoC and out of LoF. It acts as if they still can not be heard right? So if I sneak up behind someone with say a Shinobu, is it not far more worth to BS attack in the back, than it is to CC, as I am aware it would be still be a FTF CC roll. I know that Knife can do some shenanigans, but I have never done or seen it done.

5. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

6. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Perfect thankyou!

7. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

When you use a BS Attack, your stealth is cancelled for the order and they may react as if you didn't have stealth.

Shinobu has much better odds using her CC than shooting (even if it is only 1 burst) because she breaks 20 in her CC attribute. This greatly skews odds as you get some auto-win results from the increased crits, and you have no chance to fail your roll.

http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/n3/ is a good tool to check out your odds :)

Balewolf likes this.
  8. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask a couple more questions here. Thanks in advance.

1. In regards to Supportware such as the giving of Marksmenship to REMs through hacking, it says it lasts 2 turns. Is that 2 turns as in, the turn i activate it, and the next turn my opponent takes, or is it two of my active turns.

2. Can you break a fireteam during the reactive turn. So if a fireteam wants to do seperate AROs. Can it break, and if so does it still gain the benefits of fireteam during that ARO.

Cheers!

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1. Each player's turn is one turn. Assisted Fire lasts your turn and ends at the very end of the next player's turn.
    2. Fireteams can be broken at any time. The effects on the bonuses are immediate, so you won't have the benefits of it unless you're already past the point where you measure distances and count MODs.
    Please note that breaking a Fireteam will not protect you from Exile due to the All At Once rule and it also won't protect you from AROs if you break it mid-order because your units are already activated at that point.
    (Edit: what I'm saying is that there's basically nill benefits to breaking a Fireteam mid-order)

OCEE78 likes this.
  10. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

@Mahtamori Thanks for the reply, although I am a little confused by the breaking of a fireteam during AROs. So does that mean if I brake a fireteam up mid ARO, they can not all do separate AROs, such as one dodge, one change face, one shoot, one engage?

11. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Every trooper generates and declares their ARO individually during the Reactive Turn (regardless of being part of a fireteam or not)

However, after you declare your AROs, if the models are part of a fireteam, any member who does not declare the same ARO as the rest if the fireteam will get expelled. (This ARO is determined by the ARO that is declared by the most trooper, you choose in case of ties)
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/index.php?title=Fireteams_in_the_Reactive_Turn&redirect=no

If some members are expelled from the fireteam in that way, and at the beginning of your Active Turn the fireteam still exists, they will be able to rejoin the fireteam for free.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Integrity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation