1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARO and holoecho| Camo and coordinated order

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Name1988, Apr 7, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name1988

Name1988 New Member

1) In Holoecho rules we have this piece:

Bear in mind that when reacting to a Holoecho, you may delay your ARO declaration until after the Holoecho declares its second Short Skill

Does ths rule mens "Holoecho" as an holoecho state or as an one lonely holoecho?

Yeah, i know we have exaple with Angus, but this rule is still pretty unclear (for me at least).

2) And with Camo in coordinated order - does you delay againt a single model or against all of them? And if 1) and 2) have different answers, then why?

sry for horryfying english, these sentenses are too complex for me =(

#1 Name1988, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hello! Don't worry about the English, you're getting your questions across just fine. :)

1) It allows you to delay against the Holoecho trooper, the one that's hiding behind 3 Holoechoes. You don't need to pick which one of the (up to) 3 echoes you delay against.
    2) The English used in the rules demands that you delay against a specific trooper, so if one TO Camo, one normal Camo and one Holoecho coordinates and your trooper can see all of them, you need to specify which one you delay against.

Note: Delaying by means of Sixth Sense works differently and is a whole philosophical debate to settle, so try to avoid ending up in a situation where it is relevant which rule you delay using ;)

3. Shverter

Shverter New Member

In general, the question is - do I need to set a target when declaring Delay, and does this limit me in order to further declare ARO?

If I see all three Holoecho, should I declare that I am doing "Delay" against a specific one (for example, under number 2), and if it is not real, will I lose the ability to shoot a real model if it reveal itself?

What if the situation is not with Holoecho, but with a coordinated order of several camouflage markers?

#3 Shverter, Apr 7, 2020
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

No, as shown in the Holoecho examples, you don’t choose one of the echoes to delay against. From the first Holoecho example:
    In their Reactive Turn, the Fusiliers Angus and Silva see how three Lù Duān come at them. In fact, there is just one Lù Duān with its Holoprojector L2 activated. Trusting in its equipment, the Lù Duān declares Move to get closer to its enemies. Angus and Silva decide to delay their ARO until the Remote declares the second Short Skill of its Order. The Lù Duān declares Surprise Shot L1, revealing itself automatically. The player removes the holographic decoys and places the model in the position he has already noted. Now Angus and Silva declare their AROs, BS Attack, but they have to apply the -3 MOD to BS provided by Surprise Shot L1.
    Note how nowhere in that example do the troopers choose one of the echoes to delay against.

As shown in the coordinated order example, you have to choose one of the camo marker troopers to delay against. And the Holoecho rules have the same sort of “lock in” clause that the camo rules do:
    “However, if you choose to delay your ARO, you may only declare it if the Holoecho revealed itself with its second Short Skill. If the Holoecho does not reveal itself, the reactive trooper loses his right to ARO.”

Essentially, for holoechoes and camo, the rules would have been a lot clearer if that sentence had said “the trooper with the Holoecho skill” or “the trooper in the Holoecho state”.

You delay against Holoechoes to prevent choosing the wrong target at the expense of possibly not being able to choose. You delay against Camo saying “I won’t discover, but I want to fight back if you reveal.”

#4 solkan, Apr 7, 2020
    Xeurian and Mahtamori like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation