1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Box Challenge

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Jayward, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Jayward

Jayward Well-Known Member

I was interested by the post further down regarding Bostria's Challenge, but at the same time I didn't read what Bostria's Challenge actually was... I thought the aim was to use as much of the Army box with as few extra boxes as possible.

But complete misunderstanding aside, I thought it was quite interesting to try. I set myself the goal of using at least 9 of the 10 models from the Army Box, and then just using as few extra purchases as possible. Here's what I came up with:
    Not Bostrias Challenge
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    TAAGMA (Tri-Core) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 20)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Shock Mines / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 40)
    DRAAL Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges ( | Dazer) / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    CHAKSA LONGARM Missile Launcher, Pulzar / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 25)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR FTO (Sensor, Baggage) Heavy Flamethrower(+1 Dam) ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR FTO (Sensor, Baggage) Heavy Flamethrower(+1 Dam) ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    KIEL-SAAN Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 46)
    KIIUTAN Submachine Gun, E/Mitter / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    KRIIGEL (Lieutenant) Breaker Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenade Launcher, Pheroware Tactics: Eraser, Pheroware Tactics: Mirrorball / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    REEX Boarding Shotgun, Contender / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 13)
    REEX Boarding Shotgun, Contender / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 13)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN (Camouflage [1 Use]) Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 9)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN (Camouflage [1 Use]) Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 9)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This list was constructed using the Spiral Corps Army Box and the Chaksa Auxiliar box; if you have one of the Reex proxy as a second BSG Reex and the Rocket Launcher Chaksa Auxiliar proxy as a Missile Launcher Chaksa Longarm then you are basically there.
    You also need two Helots, but frankly they spend 90% of their lives as a camo token so you could just use the tokens from the box in a pinch. If you wanted to stay truer to my completely arbitrary guidelines then you could swap the Helots for the K1 Reex, but I find Helots to be a huge part of how Spiral Corps play.

Obviously all sorts of things missing; no sniper or Kaeltar, no Igao... no engineer for when the Kiel Saan inevitably gets hacked... But I think it looks kinda fun!

I'm quite tickled by the first combat group; depending on the situation I can Tricore the AP MMR, Red Fury, or Missile Launcher... The Kiiutan should have enough orders to get up to mischief, although I still feel weird not taking the E/M Mine profile.

Less happy with the second group; Kriigels are very useful, but I'm essentially only going to have 3 orders for them most of the time with the Clipsos in hiding. Doesn't give me much room for error with smoke and mirrorball shenanigans. But at the same time moving anything but the Kiiutan over loses me the triad flexibility in the main group, and moving the Kiiutan gives me less orders on an excellent solo piece.

Overall there's loads of things I'd like to add, and a small part of my mind looks at it and says 'this is a normal list that you've shoe-horned the Kiel-Saan into', but I enjoyed the challenge and I'm actually quite excited to play it!

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this list, and how you would approach a list that used 90% of the army box?

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation