1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we getting pewter sculpts of these guys?

Discussion in 'Soldiers of Fortune' started by Hecaton, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

What the title says. And how do I pre-order, eh?

2. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

3. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I think its doubtful that they will do another limited edition release in metal unless the demand exceeds the production cost.

We were very lucky to get the metal minis in the collectors edition I don't think we can count on that for all future releases no matter how good the metal Valkyrie mini looks

4. Hecaton

That's unfortunate. I really wanted a metal Señor Massacre at that scale.

5. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I don't think the scale was that much larger than the standard Infinity scale at least for Massacre and Haniball.

Compared to the existing mini it's probably larger in the same way all the digital sculpt are a bit larger now in comparison

6. Hecaton

Not all the scales are even, of course - By the mini Maxumus's shield is like twice as big as the Jotum's, but he's not at double scale to Infinity. I figured Massacre would just be a bit bigger than his Infinity counterpart.

7. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Personally I would absolutely pay double for a expansion collectors edition... especially if it has more foil cards!

Myomer, cazboab, Croepoek and 2 others like this.
  8. Hecaton

It's the pewter minis I'm after. The casts are so much nicer.

-Ghost- likes this.
  9. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely.

10. EIMinion

EIMinion New Member

Took the effort of registering to add my support to this idea. Would definitely buy metal version s for 2-3x the plastic ones. As much more of a painter and collector than player I have no interest in the plastic ones but the renders look awesome as would metal versions.

Please Corvus Belli

Croepoek likes this.
  11. Dalz

Dalz New Member

Hi all

Just adding that I would also very much like metal versions of the expansion models, I've only just pick up a copy of the game and luckily I managed to get a collectors edition and the Maximus skin and the metal models are beautiful while the plastic models are ok for a board game.. Wargaming is my scene so I prefer higher quality models (infinity, GW, Hawk war games etc) than the plastics that are in the core box I am sure the expansion will be a bit better but they will never be better than average . Seeing the expansion models on a Beasts of War video they looked like metal or resin masters and they look beautiful and only being able to get a plastic version of Valkyrie would be disappointing however worst case ill look to buy the expansion for the cards and look to purchase suitable proxy models from the infinity range or maybe Valkyrie will get a skin at some point and that at least should be metal.

To finish I am very impressed with this game the quality of the product excluding the plastic minis is fantastic (I fully understand the decision to go with plastic models and I am sure a lot of people are happy with them) and as mentioned the metal versions are amazing, Keep up the good work CB and good luck with the future of Aristeia.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation