1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY JSA: Saito Togan
    [​IMG]
    I did a bit of arm swapping with the limited edition mini and the official release mini and now I finally have a ninja with a big gun (they all have em just don't show em lol!). This is my JSA version of Saito. I picture him here in his Oniwaban uniform before he went rogue... Maybe he dresses properly when he works for his old mates, who knows?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two Saitos for the price of two
    [​IMG]

Ninjafest take two

[​IMG]
    I repainted my converted Saito a little so he could go into regular Ninja/Oniwaban duties. Maybe he's just Nakadai before he took a bullet to the head lol..

More pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/10/infinity-jsa-saito-toga.html

2. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Ah jesus. That group shot! Also Saito looks way better in Black/Red! Very good work!

3. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Dronbots

[​IMG]

Dronbots
    Old sculpts but still cute (bit roughly carved in some places. I had trouble highlighting the hull initially and went over it a couple of times to get it right. Turned out OK in the end in Ikari colours. Guns and other gubbinz are all magnetised for different loadouts.

Pathfinder Dronbot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sierra Dronbot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dronbot team
    [​IMG]

Dronbot Clipper and Fugazi loadouts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING - ZUYONG INVINCIBLE (Multi Rifle)

[​IMG]
    ZUYONG INVINCIBLE (Multi Rifle)
    This guy is test model for something a bit different. I chose a yellow, black and blue colour combo after a bit of research on sci fi yellow armour artworks. I enjoyed trying to emulate the CB Studio yellow as I rarely paint yellow miniatures. I did a bit of research on the Giraldez Yu Jing yellow colour palette method and it was satisfying to get it right without using an airbrush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/11/infinity-yu-jing-zuyong-invincible.html

5. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Ah very nice! But man. Why'd have you take a different route on the orange/gold armor than me... Makes me jealous! :)

Keep up the good work!

6. archangeleong

Thanks :-) Good luck on your yellow. It's not that easy to do.

LeeroyVinland likes this.
  7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Yay, Invincibles :grinning:
    There is a subtle change in the yellow from the CB studios, but it matches the black very good and I like it better actually.
    Happy to see more of those in the future.

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic! :astonished: Since you are already doing Ikari, you may want to look into Dahshat before Yu Jing. There's some cross over with Brawlers, Bashi, Liberto, Bounty Hunters, Al Fasid, and Desperadoes can be used for Kum pretty easily.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  9. archangeleong

IKARI COMPANY: WU MING ASSAULT CORPS
    [​IMG]
    Wú Míng Assault Corps
    When Colonel Ikari seceded from Yu Jing those troops still loyal to the state empire that stood in his way were mercilessly massacred to expedite his escape. The Wú Míng Corps under Ikari’s command where not hard to sway to his banner, given their shameful status, and were instrumental in Ikari’s escape. Indeed, when Ikari issued his escape order 66, it was the Wú Míng who executed this directive with grim satisfaction, turning their guns on their erstwhile allies within key Yu Jing barracks and installations that Ikari needed in order to found his own mercenary domain.

Free of shame, regret and scruples these same Wú Míng still fight for Ikari under new colours, obeying any order without pause or empathy for their foes. Their sub-dermal tracking implants were removed by Ikari in gratitude for their support of his rebellion and they now fight at his side as vicious attack dogs. The only vestige of their former selves is their serial numbers painted on their armour, not as a mark of shame as it once was, but a symbol of defiance to those that once repressed them. A Wú Míng under Ikari’s command greatest satisfaction is to slay a State Empire lackey up close enough so that the poor fool can read the Wú Míng's serial number and die knowing that his death was at the vengeful hand of a former penal trooper.

Gotta say that these Wú Míng are some of my most favourite Infinity renditions of power armoured troops. They remind me a bit of Halo’s Spartan Mjolnir armour and I was glad to put my own spin on them in Ikari Blue. I think I was pretty successful in getting the highlight contrast right on these guys as well as the light source in order to invoke a very shiny effect using matt colours, but it is always a work in progress for me to improve these things. That’s the joy of painting, trying to improve with each go.

Wú Míng (Chain Rifle)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Boarding Shotgun)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Heavy Rocket Launcher)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Heavy Machine Gun)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng Link Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythega...1/infinity-ikari-company-wu-ming-assault.html

#409 archangeleong, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  10. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Absolutely gorgeous.

Oh man, i cant start another faction just because i like the your stuff so much ;).

ZlaKhon likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

12. archangeleong

My next project will be a small invincibles force ;-) looking forward to working more yellow.

I might be able to put together dahshat at one point but I don’t think I could do the justice compared to what some people have done on this forum. Actually I’m almost done with Mercs for a while as Ikari is nearly finished. I want to have a go at some of the main factions tbh.

13. archangeleong

thanks guys. It’s nearly time to move on from Ikari... only a couple of trooper files I’m missing but will probably not have a go at filling them for a long while as I haven’t quite thought of what to use.

Oni likes this.
  14. archangeleong

INFINITY DIRE FOES 8 NOCTURNE: SUSAN HARLOW
    [​IMG]
    Susan Harlow
    Lovely Expressive miniature that was fun to paint. I especially like her face. It's great how CB manage to do such individual faces as opposed to standard meatheads cut out of the same block that some other miniature makers tend to do (spesh marins cough cough...). I painted Susan simply because I like the mini and whilst she is officially an NGO Freedom International Coordinator, I think she will proxy nicely as a Warcor for Ikari Co. I'm not too keen on the current Warcor sculps as they look just plain unco and incapable of surviving a warzone let alone dodging a bullet, so susan will proxy nicely until there is a resculp. I picture her as a Warcor on her day off, hence sans the flak jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got something on my mind...
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Daimeow, Bors and 21 others like this.
  15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

As usual your work is astonishing. Also i seem to have somehow completely missed the release of this Dire Foes box, no idea how it happened...

archangeleong likes this.
  16. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Absolutely wonderful job on those Wu Ming!

17. archangeleong

INFINITY DRUZE BAYRAM SECURITY: SECURITY CHIEF ARSLAN

[​IMG]
    Security Chief Arslan
    Druze got their boss now. Painted him blue to match my other mercs, which he can hijack from my Ikari Company. In fact I basically have the Druze army already (only missing Valeria Gromoz, Hunzakuts and Anacondas... Drones already covered by proxy...). Like this guy's attitude and his close resemblance to the comic. I painted his Druze symbol on his shirt, Punisher style, and am pretty happy with result. Where is that bastard Knauf?...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#417 archangeleong, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    redeemer, Daimeow, Bors and 20 others like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Fantastic man! I've said elsewhere, if you have a squad of Druze, you can play them, Ikari, and QK. Maybe a stretch to do Vanilla Haqq but it's there.

I'll say on the fig though, there's a missed opportunity to do a cool tat on his arm.

19. archangeleong

you are right! I didn’t think about a tat as the comic Arslan doesn’t have one, however he seems like the kinda guy that would have tats...

Space Ranger likes this.
  20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous work!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation