1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

the camo is looking great !

archangeleong likes this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I would personally say that's it worked more than OK.
    How difficult was it from your perspective ?

3. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

It was tricky to know where to start as real digi camo is too detailed to put on a miniature. Once I worked out an approximate pattern that was similar I was good to go. Basically I painted little lines next to each other.

Xeurian, Koin-Koin and jherazob like this.
  4. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Daoying (Hacker)
    [​IMG]

Daoying (Hacker)
    The pose on the hacker is so much cooler than the sniper and this was one of the minis that sold me on IA. It was fun to paint her and see my paint scheme for the Daoying more clearly. I chose white as the main colour due to her force commander status and took inspiration from Star Wars Clone Trooper armour. Blue is pretty standard as per the studio and it goes well with yellow. The grey ties in the model with other minis in my army and I think I did the highlights better than last time. She's now ready to boss about her IA buddies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Excellent coloring and skills on that Daoying. The texture of metallic white is total blast!

6. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Hac Tao (HMG)

[​IMG]

Hac Tao (HMG)

This guy is one of my favorite Yu Jing miniatures (It's hard to pick one as so many are so cool). One thing that tipped me over into starting Invincible Army is that all my fav sculps are in it (Only robocat is missing). Hac Tao HMG is just iconic infinity, gracing the cover of N3 and sporting jet black power armour and a big gun.

I painted this guy based closely on the Studio as I've never been confident with NNM black. I think I did him justice in the end. I kept the yellow lines based on the dossier as this colour ties him in with the rest of the army, but I think I painted them a little sharper than the studio model. I also added the Hac Tao emblem and some numbering in freehand (the emblem was a pain and required a lot of redos to get it right). Mostly happy with how the black turned out though. Next up his hacker bro...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Man I wish I could see these in person again!

Fantastic as always. Your paint jobs are just so clean. Do you do a lot of tidying or is it just rocksteady brush control?

Also could you share some of the colours in your white?

8. archangeleong

Thanks. I wish my photos were better as the minis look much better in real life.

I do a bit of cleaning (usually only on freehand icons) and hard to reach areas that force minor mistakes. But I now mostly have very steady brush control and can paint everything on direct when I do my final colours (however when I apply base colours and first wash of shading things get a little messy).

9. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Hac Tao (Hacker)
    [​IMG]

Hac Tao (Hacker)
    Got the Hac Tao Hacker done despite the impending end of the world due to COVID 19 lol! Highlights for me in painting this guy was getting the light source right for the NNM black armour (mostly realistic with a touch of miniature highlights to make the details pop), plus doing the OSL from the sword. I'm not that confident with OSL but I feel like I have done a good job on this one and it looks quite natural (Not too over the top or too understated... just right).

Anyways these Baddasses are done and ready for action (not likely at the same time in the same list mind you given their price tag). My Yu Jing batch one are nearly finished...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hac Tao Bad Boys
    [​IMG]

10. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The master of greys can also paint black :grinning:

Bors and Xeurian like this.
  11. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Nice blue reflexions on the armor

12. archangeleong

Thanks Guys. I'm pretty pleased with how the black and blue OSL bits turned as I'm not so confident with these techniques. :-)

13. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Mowang
    [​IMG]

Stave off your quarantine blues and paint a mini or 2...

Mowang
    This Big Bad bruiser was my last mini to paint in the first wave of my IA. He marks the end of my IA project one and the start of global quarantine lol! It took four long sessions to paint this guy and then a bit of touching up later on. The freehand icons and tank took so long to do - around four hours! Happy with the tanks on the back as they required very tricky NNM metallic blending. Also very pleased with the light sourcing on the armour (I don't bother with zenithal undercoat, I just study the model intently before I paint it, use real light, plus logic to work out where the light will hit the model and then add a little artistic licence to make thing s pop). In fact I pulled out many techniques in this one guy including OSL, stippling, wet blending, NNM, freehand, dry brushing... pretty much the lot. That's why I left him till last so I could practice on all his buddies first.

My IA is done for the time being, yay! Or is it? Wave 2 is on the way shortly...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

burlesford, Oni, Croepoek and 13 others like this.
  14. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Yan Huo (HMC)
    [​IMG]

Yan Huo (HMC)
    When I was looking at starting a new army these guys were a big drawcard for me to Yu Jing. It turns out that IA has all my favourite Yu Jing units, so I was all in. My first wave are done and I'm going to work on a small 2nd batch of guys during the start of this world wide quarantine and Yan Huos are front and centre.

The HMC Yan Huo has arguably the most powerful gun in the game so this guy was just an auto-include. After reading about this powerful guy in an article by The Dice Abide (Excellent Infinity unit articles here by the way) I just had to paint one up next. I used all my skills learned so far on my IA army on this guy and am happy with how he turned out, especially the freehand, which I updated compared to the studio models. Pew Pew!...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics of this Guy: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2020/03/infinity-yu-jing-invincible-army-yan.html

burlesford, Oni, Croepoek and 9 others like this.
  15. Chango50

Chango50 I´m back!

Been drooling for 24 pages, what an amazing work on your models, congratulations, now ill go to get a towell

16. archangeleong

Thanks bud. Keep the towel lol! Keep painting and practicing. I always try to get better after every model.

17. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Yan Huo was the decision maker for YJ when I started Infinity years ago. I think it was @lefrank who told me that there was a sectorial in the making called Invincible Army for these guys to be in. I took only 4 years from then, but I never regretted that faction choice.

18. Chango50

Chango50 I´m back!

Hi archangeleong, been painting for over 20 years and my minis compared to yours are like painted with crayons, still loving the hobbie and of course i have way better painting skill than 20 years ago, but not as good as some forum members. Keep up the good work my man!

19. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Really nice stuff [emoji108][emoji4] it's always a joy to look at your miniatures! Keep in n rocking!

20. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Yan Huo (Missile Launcher)

[​IMG]

Yan Huo (Missile Launcher)
    The other big guy joins the party, Although he kinda looks normal size now compared to the Mowang lol! I was considering taking a break from Yu Jing, vowing to finish all my minis in the first quarter of 2020, but I just had to have Yan Huos as I couldn't resist having their big guns lend support to my IA. I collect armies based on the models I like and for Yu Jing it is Yan Huos, Hac Taos and Guijias that have sold me on the army, plus it doesn't hurt that the basic heavy infantry, Zuyongs are pretty cool looking too.

As for painting the Missile Launcher guy it wasn't much different from doing the HMC guy, just took a bit longer due to the twin missiles and the targeting cables. I find that minis mostly take longer to paint is a result of their size and surface area to cover - bigger taking longer than smaller. However freehand designs can really draw things out and that this is all that I find really daunting when doing freehand. I.e. it's not the freehand itself that's unnerving, just the length of time it takes to complete a model that is hard to overcome. But I'm always glad with the results when I get over my own laziness.

I find it best just to take breaks between painting sessions and that helps me get past these mental hurdles. For example when I did this Yan Huo I broke it into painting sessions as follows: 1. Base colours, 2. Yellow body; 3. Black/Grey body; 4. Cables; 5. Missiles; 6. Lights; 7. Freehand triangles/numbers and finally 8. Freehand stripes. These sessions were split across one week and voila by the weekend I have a pretty cool looking Yan Huo with missile Launchers sitting on the display shelf! Hope this little insight into painting psychology helps you hobbyists out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yan Huo Demolition Team!
    [​IMG]

When is Big big enough?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythega.../infinity-yu-jing-invincible-army-yan_27.html

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation