1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

As always both your paintjob technique and choice of colors are impressive. You make the starter to look far better than the studio's color pattern for the faction. Heck, I would make yours the official!

archangeleong likes this.
  2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

It seems they were sold to CP (SOG06 and SOG07 product codes suggest that, more than a shop having stock) https://cpmodels.co.uk/product-category/28mm-ranges/28mm-sci-fi/special-operatives/
    Years ago HF sold some models too, specially weapons, to someone else. Maybe it is common practice for small business. Ask SM or CP to check what is going on?

jherazob likes this.
  3. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Thanks, that's high praise indeed but welcome!
    I try my best and think about the colour scheme long before I actually paint things, as well as research sci fi designs and colour selections to help me choose good colour combos.

4. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Zuyong Invincibles
    [​IMG]

Zuyong Invincibles
    So these guys are the link team that is the backbone of the Invincible Army. I wanted them to be yellow like the poster boys on the artworks and boxes. So the question was how could I make them a bit different to the studio collection? After looking at yellow sci fi armours on the web, in the end I went with the Giraldez yellow palette but limited the other colours to black and glowing blue (There is a bit of white only on their shoulder emblems). They kinda remind me of Transformer's Bumblebee crossed with Kill Bill's the Bride and I have to say I'm rather fond of this callback, given I'm a bit of a movie and toy buff. Anyway's its cool to have a totally power armored army to work on in Infinity.

Multi Rifle
    [​IMG]
    This guy was the test model for the whole army, taken from the Red Veil Box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boarding Shotgun
    [​IMG]

This lil' lady was the first I painted in the army set but long after I did the test model, so it took me while to remember what I did the first time. Why the flat nose instead of pointy?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Missile Launcher
    [​IMG]

This chonky guy was satisfying to do as I felt like I had got my groove on painting the Yu Jing yellow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Combi Rifle
    [​IMG]

Last one in the team I did I was able to do by the numbers as I felt like I finally had good command of doing yellow. It's not as hard as you think. I still did a black undercoat like I usually do, I just made sure to paint brown as a base colour over the armour panels first before applying the yellow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One day I'll add the HMG to the team...

#444 archangeleong, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    redeemer, SergeyStark, Wizzy and 6 others like this.
  5. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Daoying (Multi Sniper Rifle)
    [​IMG]

Daoying Operative Control Unit (Multi Sniper Rifle)
    I painted this little boss lady with the studio pattern in mind, but I wanted it to differ so I used white instead of yellow for the body armour as well as blue grey on the skirt to tie it in with the other guys in this army. I was happy the way the white turned out as I experimented using yellow and brown tones to shade it so I could keep it warm and tie it in with the yellow of the rest of the army. It's a pity the gun mostly obscures the armour, but the on the hacker version it will be easier to see what I was aiming at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#445 archangeleong, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  6. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Crazy paintjob again! I really like the way you add additionnal details into your minis.

archangeleong and Modock like this.
  7. archangeleong

Thanks. I like to study the dossiers and apply similar details to my minis.

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Beautifull paintjob. Your choices of colours is great. I like the mix of blue and light grey especially with the slowly fading yellow on the helmet. Gorgeous !!

9. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Really nice job on the Daoying
    it makes me wanting to start painting again ^^

the metallic effect on the yellow stripe on the helmet is really well done

10. archangeleong

Thanks, it's my favorite bit too.

I hope you start again as I'm a huge fan of your minis! :-)

Oni and Sangarn like this.
  11. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Haidao (Combi Rifle)

[​IMG]

Haidao (Combi Rifle)
    This guy is my favourite in the starter set, I think due to his badass pose (tactical rocks have a place people lol!). I didn't like the green on the studio models so thinking up an alternative was the main task I set in thinking about doing a Yi Jing IA team. After I did a bunch of research on cool looking sci fi armour colours, I settled on this blue grey scheme. My biggest change from the studio version was to make grey the main colour with yellow as a spot colour and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. After I worked out the colour scheme on this guy I was able to plot out the colours of the rest of the army. The sniper dude may be more useful but this guy trumps him in the rule of cool in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#451 archangeleong, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    burlesford, redeemer, Oni and 16 others like this.
  12. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Dude is dope, I've never even really seen him before because the IA studio scheme is just this mustard-yellow mess

You should be proud!

EDIT: apparently the haidao is the one in the starter that's painted up like a duck. What a shame, for a model that is actually this cool.

13. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

nice balance with grey area and black NMM, you're on fire !

14. archangeleong

Thanks guys, I was happy with how he turned out. I didn't like him originally based on the studio colours, duck face indeed lol! but he ended up pretty cool with a more cohesive paint scheme..

15. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Liu Xing (Hacker)

[​IMG]

Liu Xing (Hacker)
    The Liu Xing was probably the toughest guy to finish in the starter. That’s why I left him until last. The backpack is what I find intimidating, and it took about 2 to 3 hours all up to finish it alone. I agonised over adding red stripes or blue for many days, as I was a huge fan of the Studio Painted Tiger Soldiers with the red stripes long before I started collecting Yu Jing. In the end I went with blue to tie in this guy with the rest of my army and I’m glad I did as I think it turned out quite well. I’m also happy with how the yellow turned out in balance with black, blue and grey (I only kept a little red in the tail lights and some markings).

Out of all the starter miniatures this guy was the most satisfying to paint, probably because he was the toughest nut to crack. I like how chunky he looks and in terms of rule of cool this guy is right up there with the best that infinity has to offer. The State Empire is glad to have in it's ranks this flying tonne of pain that will crush whatever he lands on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#455 archangeleong, Feb 23, 2020
    burlesford, redeemer, Oni and 10 others like this.
  16. Gurutz29

Gurutz29 Well-Known Member

Still a great paintjob here.
    Love how you manage to get a subtile and clean result even with yellow which can be such a pain to paint cleanly.
    Keep it up!

17. archangeleong

Thanks Gurutz29! You would know how tough yellow is. In fact I was inspired by the awesome group army shot of your Nomads to take on a yellow faction myself ;-)

#457 archangeleong, Feb 23, 2020
  18. Gurutz29

Gurutz29 Well-Known Member

Wow cool ! Glad I had inspired you cause your IA is on the way to be a really great army ^^

19. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Zencha (Hacker)
    [​IMG]

Zencha (Hacker)
    This guy is one of the reasons I wanted to do IA. He's got one of the best tactical rocks on the game lol! I wanted his paint scheme to blend in with my army so went with urban camo on the poncho. I tried to emulate digital camo designs and I think it turned out OK. Fun mini to plan colors for and paint up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Very nice representation of digi-camo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation