1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Do you have nothing to do during the holidays? XD Can't even keep up with the comments when you crank these out at this pace. Marvelous like always!

2. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Thanks bud. lol I’m doing a bit of painting, but the pics I’m posting are from the backlog of stuff I’ve done this year. I’m trying to upload and write up a little each day to clear them :-)

Golem2God likes this.
  3. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA WINTER FORCE: Locust Clandestine Action Team[​IMG]
    This guy seems like a strange inclusion to the WinterFor. I replaced the red trim with white so he fits in with the rest of the sectorial better. Turned out ok.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Wizzy and 11 others like this.
  4. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA WINTER FORCE: Bøyg Soldier

[​IMG]
    So the big guy is done and is the final guy to cap off the Kaldsrom set. I looked forward to painting all the freehand patterns the most on this guy. It was tricky but I think I pulled it off. The hunk of junk on the base is quite a strange part of the sculpt and I had trouble getting the miniature on the center of the base and not too lopsided. I used quite a bit of tactical snow to to get the base better centered and balanced. Pretty comfortable with Pano blue now and consistently get pretty smooth results and with this guy I was happy painting the legs the most.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#644 archangeleong, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    redeemer, Paegis, Abydog and 14 others like this.
  5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@archangeleong I really like the PanO troops you have done already. The Locust & Vargar especially make me wish I had one of them right now.

archangeleong likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I really like this more muted blue for Pan-O. The studio version is so shouty. And as always I'm more than a little impressed with the line details

Abydog, Golem2God and archangeleong like this.
  7. archangeleong

INFINITY: Beyond Kaldstrom
    [​IMG]
    Such a nice set paint up and includes such a diverse representation of both factions. I was really happy to get these guys done so they could face off against each other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Law Dawg, Paegis and 10 others like this.
  8. archangeleong

Painting project 2021 begins...
    upload_2021-1-7_18-17-34.jpeg

burlesford, zapp, Abydog and 5 others like this.
  9. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your interpretation of the defiance crew :+1:

Any first thoughts for colors to use?

Bluefox and archangeleong like this.
  10. archangeleong

no idea yet. But I will be keeping the main base colours of the hero factions because my dream is to collect a little from all factions eventually.

Croepoek likes this.
  11. archangeleong

INFINITY: Operation Kaldstrom Armies

[​IMG]
    Operation Kaldstrom Armies
    I got totally sucked into getting such a cool set of minis in 2020. I had to get the main battle pack plus the expansion for fear of missing out when the armies are eventually repacked! I gotta say I actually like this release model as you can go all in on two armies for a good price or get them separate later on. Hope to see all the old sets re-released but not sure about Yu jing or Pano ones since a scattering of their minis are being repacked in the code one alpha booster packs (very disappointing imho).

I'm pretty happy how the Kaldstrom forces turned out as I smashed all of them out in the months of August and September. It was quite a marathon speed painting effort but a satisfying achievement no less.

Yu Jing White Banner Army
    Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set
    [​IMG]

Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set + Beyond Kaldstrom Expansion
    [​IMG]

Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set + Beyond Kaldstrom Expansion + Dire Foes
    [​IMG]

Yu Jing White Banner Army

Panoceania Winter Force

Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set
    [​IMG]

Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set + Beyond Kaldstrom Expansion
    [​IMG]

Operation Kaldstrom: Base Set + Beyond Kaldstrom Expansion + Dire Foes
    [​IMG]

Panoceania Winter Force

OPERATION Kaldstrom Armies

#651 archangeleong, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    redeemer, Oni, Paegis and 9 others like this.
  12. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING WHITE BANNER ARMY: Yě Māo Infantry Limited Edition (Panzerfaust)
    [​IMG]
    Why is CB always releasing their best minis in limited editions? Damn their sales strategy hooks me everytime and I had to get this lovely little lady! I love the facial expression, the movement of the figure and the big rocket on this mini so I couldn't resist getting the tournament pack in order to pick her up. Painter her up in December 2020 (along with her rival) to cap off my Kaldstorm forces for the year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA WINTER FORCE: Jotum

[​IMG]
    Jotum
    I didn't want to miss out on this Jotum sculpt so was happy to get it along with the Ye Mao. This Jotum variant is so much better than the official release, whose "unco" pose just doesn't do the model credit. Alternatively the limited edition reposing is just so much more dynamic and badass. This thing looks like it can pulverise its foes as well as shrug off a pounding. Love it! Painted this bad boy in December 2020 as my last Kaldstrom mini. The white took forever, I reckon about an hour per section (left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg, left chest, right chest, left tank and right tank) totalling around 8 hours!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, burlesford, archon and 14 others like this.
  14. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Fantastic additions to your collection of gorgeously painted miniatures! I knew I liked the Ltd Ye Mao from the moment I saw it (hence I also had to get it), but you've clearly brought out the best in her sculpt.

I would like to add some very minor (constructive?) comments from my personal takes if you don't mind please. The Panzerfaust on the Ye Mao is a large area of your very subtley highlighted black without much variation, I felt that the barrel tips, back section, forward grip and maybe the scope could use a little more 'wear' or different tint to break it up a little and define it more. For the Jotum, your very subtle damage/wear on the white and blue panels is a nice touch, but it surprises me you've left so many other areas without any wear (a model of two-stories to tell!) - did you have a reason for this?

15. archangeleong

they are good tips indeed. Seems you have noticed the parts I paid less attention to out of laziness and painting fatigue. I was trying to get both these guys finished before Xmas so I just skipped over extra detail in the areas you mentioned. Maybe I’ll go back at some paint but my painting queue now has around 50 Defiance minis in it so it may be a while before I do :-)

infyrana likes this.
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Guijia

[​IMG]
    This big guy has to be my favorite tag. My other big project in 2020 was my IA and I worked on a 2nd wave of these guys in October and November at a steady pace beginning with this guy. I think my painting queue had become unintentionally too big by the end of the year and I was falling in to a bit of painting fatigue (as well as Covid lockdown fatigue). So it took a bit of mental effort to keep things going. With that in mind I started my IA wave 2 on the biggest, baddest model to reignite my painting enthusiasm, instead of leaving the big one till last.

I really got a kick out of altering the freehand to fit in with my Blue Banner themed army. I also loved working the black metal parts. However I was most satisfied doing the lighting and blending on the yellow/orange armour panels. So much so that I couldn't bear to to scar them with deep battle damage and only did paint chips to the freehand unit markings. I have to admit that painting fatigue and massive queue played a large part in this choice also but I'm ok with this for now. Regardless, this guy is still my favourite TAG and I'm happy with my rendition of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Tai Sheng, Zuyong Invincibles NCO
    [​IMG]
    I painted these models fairly quickly as I was trying to get in a paint groove again. Plus smaller models take less time to paint as there is less surface to cover. I liked doing her hair the most.

Tai Sheng
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tin Bot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Team
    [​IMG]

Tai Sheng

burlesford, Law Dawg, Oni and 10 others like this.
  18. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Zúyŏng Invincibles, Terra-cotta Soldiers (HMG)
    [​IMG]
    So this guy is the workhorse of the Zuyong. Straightforward to paint and join the ranks of my IA. Interesting that no pistol holsters were sculpted, unlike all the other IA guys, so I hade space to paint some detail on the thigh panels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

burlesford, Law Dawg, Oni and 8 others like this.
  19. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Guijia Pilot

[​IMG]
    I'm a big fan of the cheesecake pilots in Infinity. This lady is up there with the best. Super sexy and drives a big robot, what's not to like!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Húláng Shocktroopers
    [​IMG]
    I built and painted my second wave of IA in two batches in October and November 2020. The first batch had more conventional colours starting with the Guijia and ending in the pilot. For my second batch I did the odd bods of more unconventional Yu Jing colours beginning with this guy.

Lot's of people don't like the Húláng for some reason. It may be because of the skull helmet that reminds them of a 40K chaplain. But I think it has more to do with the studio colour scheme that doesn't quite do the model justice by breaking up the silhouette profile of the model in an unsatisfying way.

I happen to be a fan of the model and think that he is quite sinister and badass. With that in mind I painted him mostly black with only splash of yellow and went for a Sith Lord like vibe with him. I did very faint OSL from the sword but you can barely see it in the photos. I slightly reposed his left arm so his torso wouldn't be obscured. I think he turned out pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, burlesford, Wizzy and 10 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation