1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY MERCS: Kunai Solutions Mercenary Ninja

[​IMG]
    Had to paint this guy in JSA colours. He can moonlight for whatever faction he chooses! Actually I hate the purple cloak of the studio version so was never going to go down that path. Speaking of the cloak, there was a big gap in putting it on that required lots of greenstuff to fill it (don't forget to fill it peeps when working on this guy or the standard release one!).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mannebein

Mannebein Well-Known Member

Crisp paint and really nice photos. Whatever you are using to take your pictures is doing a good job! Better than the box art, I want one now.

Abydog likes this.
  3. archangeleong

Thanks. Actually I still think I'm pretty amateurish with my photos as I'm just using my phone. However I recently got a photo box that has dimmable LEDs, plus a couple of dimmable LED lamps. This has helped me get some better pics on my phone by being able to control the light conditions better.

One thing that is annoying me is when I take the photos they are perfectly clear but when I upload them to blogger they sometimes get stretched a bit out of focus. I haven't worked out how to crop them to a uniform correct pixel size yet. On the other hand If I upload them direct to the forum this stretching doesn't happen but the forum has purged all pics a couple of times now so I don't trust it to keep my pics saved (which is why I made the blog in the first place.)

Mannebein likes this.
  4. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING WHITE BANNER ARMY: Imperial Agent Adil Mehmut, Special Division
    [​IMG]
    This exiled hero has a lot of character. I like his quizzical face. Played around with a few techniques including hatching, little bit of freehand and subtle OSL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Willen, Golem2God and 13 others like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Love these new updates. Orc, Knight, Liang Kai, Ninja – all so beautiful! And damn your fast.

Never heard the term hatching before. What's that?

ZombieSashimi and archangeleong like this.
  6. archangeleong

hatching is when you paint closely placed fine parallel lines to create tonal and shading effects

burlesford, jherazob and chromedog like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Ah, what you did on the clothes then? I've been doing these lately too, didn't know they had a name though.

8. archangeleong

yeah a little bit on the clothes but also in the calves.

burlesford likes this.
  9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Hatching, cross-hatching and stippling are normally pen and ink techniques, but they work very well with miniatures.

Is it the lighting, or does that Kunai Ninja need to have some amped up contrast? Blacks show better with strong contrast, IMO.

jherazob likes this.
  10. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA WINTER FORCE: Gunnar Lundmark, Troll-Hunter
    [​IMG]

OK so this guy is totally not a Space Wolf... not. I cleaned up the rather busy Studio color scheme and simplified things on this guy. The facepaint was done away with and his big old scar and milky eye became prominent (which I didn't even notice before due to the colourful Studio palette). Much of the detail etched on his shoulders did not survive even very thin coats of paint (particularly on the left). So I did away with the gold filigree and added his unit badge on the left and only finely highlighted the right to give the impression of an etched surface. Another peculiarity on this mini was the super chonky cape that needed texturing or would have been very flat and detracting. However his dynamic pose and big hammer make up for any shortcomings. Never thought I'd paint a space puppy but here he is in Infinity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Willen, Golem2God and 11 others like this.
  11. archangeleong

INFINITY HVT: Yu Jing Ambassador

[​IMG]
    The Civi High Value Targets are always the most fun thing in a Dire foes set. The Yu Jing Ambassador is no exception with his slick style. I wanted this guy's impeccable taste to stand out so gave him a green silk suit, offset by pale yellow trim and contrast with an incredibly manly pink shirt and pink shoes. Lady killer for sure!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Willen, Golem2God and 12 others like this.
  12. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Very suave and stylish indeed!

archangeleong likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Not only is he well painted, you also have a very good sense of color coding! If you dress like that in real life you must be a lady killer yourself :P

archangeleong likes this.
  14. archangeleong

Haha I wish. These days my wife dresses me lol! Or I should say that I my dress sense must get her tick of approval first!

Kumatake81, jherazob and burlesford like this.
  15. archangeleong

INFINITY: Dire Foes Alpha: Retaliation
    [​IMG]
    Dire Foes Alpha: Retaliation
    Dire foes always offer varied and interesting painting options. This one is no exception. The civilian is always fun to do and are a highlight of the Infinity range. It was fun to bring the Yu Jing Ambassador to life straight from the pages of the graphic novels. Gunnar Lundmark the Space Wolf and Adil Mehmut the outcast are pretty interesting minis to paint also.

#635 archangeleong, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING WHITE BANNER ARMY: Jing Qo, the Shadow of Huangdi

[​IMG]
    Faceless Killer, cool helmet. Kept the colours mostly dark so had to come up with different textures. Sword turned out quite good. Accidentally chopped off the collar so sticking it back on was a bit of a pain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Willen, Oni and 12 others like this.
  17. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING WHITE BANNER ARMY: Yě Māo Infantry (Spitfire)

[​IMG]
    I like this guys goggles, reminds me of Inuit snow goggles. Also the jump pack. So many cool little noggins of detail that come together to make this trooper interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Oni, Tristan228 and 10 others like this.
  18. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLES: Shàng Jí Invincibles (Hacker)

[​IMG]
    Nice to finally get a Shang Ji resculp. Odd that it is a hacker first rather than regular but I'm sure more will follow soon enough. I painted this guy to match my Invincibles army. It appears that I'm painting a "Blue Banner" army, an unintended backstory for my chosen colour palette.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA WINTER FORCE: Vargar Maximum Security Team
    [​IMG]
    This guy was my favorite Pano to do in the Beyond box set. Lots of interesting patterns to paint on his clothing and armour. I like his helmet and visor too. The helmet shape is a lot simpler than the studio painted version would have you believe, but what is with the cowl attached to the helmet? Anyways, happy with how he turned out especially the blue armour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation