1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Hǎidào Special Support Group (Multi Sniper Rifle)
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't that excited about the pose on this guy, but his weapon loadout appears useful so what the hey. It was cool seeing him in my colour scheme for his unit however.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ugin, burlesford, wisefaiz and 11 others like this.
  2. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Hǎidào Special Support Group (Hacker)
    [​IMG]
    I prefered painting this guy more than his sniper buddy as the pose lets you see all of the miniature detail better. I always enjoy the invisible hacking-fu pose of the hackers a lot on Infinity models. It's cool to see a Hǎidào team in my colours.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nehemiah, Ugin, burlesford and 14 others like this.
  3. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

You're not wrong with the Hulang, it's a shame as I actually kinda like the miniature despite the suboptimal weapon choice - it's nice to see a different colour scheme on it! With regards to this particular model (and the female Ye Mao to a small degree), from the front face shots you may wish to review the altering of your camera angle to compensate for the models downward looking pose.

I really liked your grey Haidao when I first saw the combi variant, gave me a lot more appreciation for the models (which at first I didn't initially like with all the ribbed sections) as well as some extra colour ideas for my YJ. The tiny blue OSL in the forearms and rear sections is a very nice touch of colour to the grey. Do you have a colour recipe for the OSL blue and the grey armour you used please?

4. archangeleong

Yeah angle is not the best, but unfortunately I had tripod set up for doing lots of pics and the angle on that one just wasn't quite right. Too many to get through at this point but maybe I'll go back some day.

Greys I use (Vallejo) from light to dark: medium sea grey, french mirage blue, intermediate blue and black grey.

Blue: White/sky blue, sky blue and deep sky blue

infyrana likes this.
  5. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Zhēnchá, Armored Reconnaissance Regiment (SMG)
    [​IMG]
    The pose sold me on this mini straight away so I had to get him. The camo poncho was the standout bit to paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#665 archangeleong, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Sangarn, Ugin, burlesford and 15 others like this.
  6. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING - Dragon Lady HVT
    [​IMG]
    This lady was heaps of fun to paint. I think I like doing civvies the most. I really wanted her to have a traditional red Chinese dress with gold trim. I went for two tones of red and then everything else offset by the gold. I copied the patterns from a real dress.

The parasol was the intimidating part to paint with the fine freehand and I looked up many designs from simple cherry blossom patterns and so forth but settled on a more complex dragon one after much research. The pattern I used is based on an amalgam of many pics but close to a very traditional dragon and sky design that I saw on quite a few different artworks. I'm happy I chose the harder path of doing the dragon as it is a nice feature and is appropriate for this lady.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#666 archangeleong, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    RolandTHTG, Ugin, burlesford and 19 others like this.
  7. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Thank you for the paint information!

Another excellent Zencha with your urban camo freehand, but oh my that Dragon Lady, superb freehand and so crisp!

archangeleong likes this.
  8. archangeleong

Thanks Mate :-)

infyrana likes this.
  9. archangeleong

INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Yáokòng Remotes
    [​IMG]
    The new sculps are most welcome for these REMS (the old ones were pretty rough). These guys were my final Yu Jing for 2020 and round out my fully armoured IA force (it has no cheerleaders or any other squishy members). I would add the larger drones too if they were resculpted but the old ones are a bit of a mess of a design that I'm not keen on.

One thing I like about the studio Yáokòngs is the interesting patterns and unit designs. But I wanted to mix this up a bit for my Yáokòngs so I added more black to the unit markings to tie them in better with my IA force. They were fun to paint and I nice way to finish up my Yu Jing project for 2020.

Yáokòng Remote Hùsòng (HMG)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yáokòng Remote Son-bae (Smart Missile Launcher)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ugin, burlesford, wisefaiz and 17 others like this.
  10. archangeleong

INFINITY JSA - Ninja (SMG)
    [​IMG]
    Ninja (SMG)
    This guy is such an awesome miniature. Hi tech ninja with SMG juxtaposed on temple ancient roof. It's a bit like modern day Japan itself, ancient and modern at the same time.

I painted him as a palate cleanser after finishing my Yu Jing. Black was the main colour to deal with on this mini. I did a glaze of black over grey highlights and then reworked the highlights in order to get a nice texture to the black bodysuit. I also used slightly bluer greys to highlight the gun so that it a has a subtle difference in hue than the suit and stands out. For the roof I opted for muted colours as is the style of Japanese temples which are typically less gaudy and brightly coloured than Chinese ones. This guy wins the rule of cool in any fight...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nailbomb72, Modock, Berjiz and 18 others like this.
  11. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Man, really love the Ninja. Especially the jade dragon head statue is fantastic. Do you mind sharing the colors used? If I would need to guess I probably would say Vallejo GC Turquoise and some sort of dark grey like Vallejo MC German Grey?

12. archangeleong

Thanks. I use V MC Blue Green as the base colour, a wash of V MC Dark Grey for shading and White mixed with Blue green for highlights.

ObviousGray, Vakarian and Croepoek like this.
  13. archangeleong

INFINITY NOMADS CORREGIDOR: Intruder

[​IMG]
    My last painting project in 2020 was the Beyond Icestorm expansion pack. I began with this lady. I kept her colors pretty standard. Although there was not much surface area to work with, I was able to add a few small freehand flourishes here and there to make her a bit more interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#673 archangeleong, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Ugin, burlesford, Vakarian and 10 others like this.
  14. archangeleong

INFINITY NOMADS CORREGIDOR: Hellcat

[​IMG]
    In every range of miniatures there are always signature/seminal ones that embody a faction. This guy is Nomads for me. One of my favorites in the range. Pose, gear, bullet head, wings that make no sense... love it!

Painting wise, I was influenced a lot by the new yet to be released Corregidor guys and added as much freehand details to make him a bit more interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sangarn, Ugin, burlesford and 9 others like this.
  15. archangeleong

INFINITY NOMADS TUNGUSKA: Kriza Borac (Mk 12)

[​IMG]
    I reckon this guy is much better than the one in the Tunguska starter set. It's all in the pose and the tactical box makes a big difference lol! Lots of opportunity for freehand painting on this guy. Fun but fiddly to paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modock, Ugin, burlesford and 11 others like this.
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA VARUNA: Kamau (HMG)
    [​IMG]
    Not the most exciting pose on this guy but a workhorse unit profile. Pretty quick and simple to paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modock, Ugin, burlesford and 11 others like this.
  17. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA NEOTERRA: Neoterra Bolt (Paramedic)

[​IMG]
    Quite a delicate miniature to assemble and paint. First time I got use a splash of red on Pano armour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Modock, Ugin and 6 others like this.
  18. archangeleong

INFINITY PANOCEANIA: Swiss Guard (HMG)

[​IMG]
    This guy was the highlight of the Beyond Ice Storm set and I wanted to paint him the most. Left the best till last. Lots of shiny armour and a bit of OSL where the best parts to paint. Plus throw in a bit of freehand for a challenge. This classic Pano model deserves all the attention!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Sangarn, Ugin and 8 others like this.
  19. archangeleong

INFINITY: Beyond Icestorm

I quickly got this set before it was going out of production so that I'd have the full 10 mini action packs for Pano and Nomads (not sure if a Pano one will be released but I hope so as it would be a shame to lose access to these nice minis). Even though I began collecting infinity with JSA it was the Icestorm set with these two factions that got hooked me into wanting to explore Infinity.

I think the miniatures are great and so Iconic of Infinity and as a painter it's wonderful to have such variety to paint and a as a player it's handy that these sets are a decent army right of the bat. I remember being perplexed at first that I didn't need 10 man squads of the same guys over and over to collect or play, but then, after understanding the Infinity fluff of "Direct Action" conflicts involving mixed units of troops with the right tools for the job, it was such a relief to be able to paint, collect and play with a wide variety minis and it is much harder to get bored.

I finished painting this set (along with updating my Nomads to make them more interesting) during one week at the very tail end of 2020. It was a tough but rewarding paint session and a fitting end to my hobbying in 2020, that was a year that had its boon of much more time for painting during the lockdowns. I'm just lucky that I've been able to work from home and that the Pandemic has been successfully managed in Australia making it a relatively stress free time.

Nomads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Panoceania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Modock, Dragonclaw and 9 others like this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That's what happens when I'm gone from your thread for a month: You post another two dozen miniatures! There is so much to like here that I don't know where to start. Two TAGs! A sexy pilot! A Sith Hulang! More nomads! A f***ing Swiss Guard! And to top it all off a breathtaking Dragon Lady. I'm just amazed at how steadily you paint and how smooth all your surfaces are. Your freehands and OSL are so subtle yet beautiful as well. That dragon of course is simply another level. How do you do it?

Excited to see your Defiance stuff this year. I don't envy you for that pile of 50 miniatures, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with them :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation