1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone planning to write Vanilla tactica?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Zsolt, May 17, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

As in title. We have nice long tacticas for all the sectorials, for HIs and TAGs, but we are missing the vanilla one. Since I heard pano vanilla is competitively not top tier, but still beginners likely start there, I think it would be useful for the community. Any volunteers? Pretty please, sugar on top?

2. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I would consider taking a crack at it. I play Vanilla most often, simply because i love some of the units that don’t have a sectorial home yet.

Kahlain, Superfluid and Zsolt like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I would be very interested in this. I've struggled to find the redeeming aspects of playing Vanilla PanO, so I'd love to learn a bit from players who make them work.

Superfluid likes this.
  4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Among some players, PanO is considered a faction that has less attractive Vanilla compared to its sectorials. It would be interesting to hear what it can still do better.

5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

It's a big thing to do.

I'm looking at how I would scale up what I've already written for the Sectorial Fireteam writeups and NCA into something which would fit for the whole faction rundown.

It'd be... significant.

We'll see.

6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Funny thing, because there's a really high chance that new players end up playing Vanilla Pano.

But it's good to know, that I'm not the only one struggling with it. I only ever played Vanilla and always found list building difficult, and had trouble doing doing a bunch of stuff (like pushing buttons, having enough orders, dealing with vanilla Ariadna).

7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Apparently statistics supports that. I wonder how exactly that works though.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

What's the point of Vanilla PanO ?

Only "beneficial" thing which I can see is to have Cutter+Joan for sudo 10 man list (with "sudo 11 orders on Cutter") and/or Kamau HMG + Bag-Mari HMG.

It's hilarious just to have several so much overlapping options (Kamau MSV / Nisse etc).

9. AdmiralJCJF

Combinations.

That's the real answer.

Auxilia + Regulars + Nisse + Crocmen (et al).

10. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Aww you noticed that list I keep spamming :)

oldGregg likes this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I think playing vanilla is the default, then you may advance to some sectorial.

There are several interesting units not yet in sectorials, like jotum, nisse, kamau, croc-man. Also mixing knights with NCA/ASA HI.

12. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

And mostly Varuna will kill all of this, it will give almost all the goods outside of Joan and the Nisses, but linked Kamau covers both order efficiency and mimetism+msv2 (to a point), so there is going to be a sharp decline in Vainilla use after this sectorial comes out.

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No it's not.

Actually it's much harder from "hobby"/price/collection perspective as it's much easier to buy-into particular sectorial than a conglomerate of which is vanilla (at least for PanO).

Barrogh likes this.
  14. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

I've had a hard time building lists that are more than 12-13 orders with Vanilla PanO. Using the awesome profiles that aren't available in a sectorial means you are averaging 30+ points a model. This really limits options. If you do want to go with a higher order list it's often more efficient to pick a sectorial.

15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

It's totally true, when you know the game, but when you just bought O:IS, are happy with your shiny new toys, and want to play the game, You have a bunch of generic an ASA and a Vanilla (Nisse) troop, if you are lucky, you'll get the Father knight from MO. The next usual advice you'll get is Auxilia from NCA (and generic REMs and support box), so you are kinda spread around the sectorials. Also the fireteam rules are a bit advanced, may be confusing for a newbie.

You'll only later learn that you should have bought yourself an NCA/ASA army instead (because playing MO is hard mode and Vanilla apparently as well).

Kahlain likes this.
  16. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I’m currently on vacation in Copenhagen but I’ll get started on a write up when I return to good ol Michigan.

17. AdmiralJCJF

It's the multiple threats of a list like this:

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] AUXILIA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] AUXILIA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE Submachine Gun, Chest Mine / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] CROC MAN (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] HEXA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Which make Vanilla interesting.

But, generally speaking, we're all a bit too caught up in TAGs and Elite HI to see something along these lines as competitive PanOceania.

Now, especially this season (when the kind of super-elite ARO threats which this kind of list actually does suffer against are more common), this does have weaknesses. But it isn't the kind of thing you can duplicate with any of our Sectorials.

Kahlain and barakiel like this.
  18. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

This list is pretty cool, it looks like a halfway point between ASA and NCA. It's probably uncommon enough a list that it would be difficult to prep against. Any PanO savvy people would be able to pick out the Lt though.

19. AdmiralJCJF

It's true that the Lt is obvious, though if you are particularly worried about that it's not hard to tweak in another Fusilier or two.

But this list can defend that obvious Lt FAR better than most in PanO, which makes that obvious target something of a useful lure for opponents who tend towards the aggressive.

xammy likes this.
  20. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Isn't this why recent starters have been sectorials as well? I think the game is making an intentional shift away from vanilla. (Ramah in Red Veil, Vedic + Kazak rumored, Onyx, etc...)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation