1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good, in-depth articles on LOS?

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Chikahiro, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

So, I've introduced Aristeia to some friends of mine and they're really loving it. So much so they're going to buy their own set soon!

However, they've never played anything like a war game or skirmish game before, so the Line Of Sight rules are a little arcane to them. I've been trying to explain it using the rules (yay vertices!), but its a little weird since its not like the war game I normally play either.

Are there any good, maybe more elegant explanations of the LOS rules?

In the meantime I'll be trying to figure out a nice solution for the blocked spaces so hopefully it makes things a little clearer to them (3d > 2d!) ^_^

2. eronth

eronth Active Member

What part of LoS are they getting hung up on? Generally speaking a simple description should get the point across.

3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

One suggestion is to look at the Tabletop Simulator version of Artisteia which has an "Eagle Eye" Top-Down camera view where each vertex of each hex has a blue dot and there is a line tool like a simulated laser that helps. I agree that the community could use more examples than those that are published in the How to Play booklet or download.
    Probably the only negative experience I have had in this game is when competitive players painstakingly count hexes to optimize the attacks of their shooters and then use segmented movement to put the shooters in favorable defensive positions. Ideally people should just use their gut to estimate but there can be much at stake.

4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

You can't enforce that, but you might wanna try timed turns with a chess clock.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation