1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antares wants to paint things [DBS, IA]

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Antares, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Antares

Antares Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    After two years of being pretty much absent from the hobby my brother and I recently got back to Infinity and had some games, trying to get a hang of all the changes with N4 and the fireteam rework.

I have played several different factions in the past (mainly Tohaa, Haqq and Ariadna) but as we all know there's just too many cool models to have and so I decided to start a new faction: the Druze Bayram Security!
    Starting with DBS actually was kinda easy for me as I already own a bunch of their range like the brawlers which have been sitting around on my shelves for years without ever getting used. But now the time has come my friends!

To keep me motivated with my weekly painting I had the idea to start my first ever own thread on this forum where I will post some pictures to share with the world. Time will tell how it goes.

Without further ado lets get to some pics. The next few posts will contain pics of the minis I've finished so far in the last few weeks, and hopefully we will go on from there. You will notice that I'm using some proxies for models which I don't like.
    Hope you enjoy! Feedback is of course very welcome.

First off are the limited edition brawlers:

16.jpeg
    15.jpeg

#1 Antares, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    infyrana, zapp, Willen and 14 others like this.
  2. Antares

The next one I finished was Aida Swanson. I got my hands on the tournament model a while back, her pose is cool as heck! She will be hitting the table as both herself and as a Brawler Spec Ops.

13.jpeg 14.jpeg 12.jpeg

#2 Antares, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    infyrana, archon, zapp and 13 others like this.
  3. Antares

I can't really see myself using the Druze MSR profile a lot, but Jethro from the Outrage manga is a great mini. Tbh he's much better than the official model for Chief Arslan, which is kinda meh. So he will step in for him and be the leader of my army. I shortened the Sniper to have it resemble the multi rifle from Arslan's profile.

10.jpeg
    11.jpeg

and here is a small group shot straight from the battlefield:
    9.jpeg

infyrana, Croepoek, archon and 16 others like this.
  4. Antares

In my last match I used Armand as an ARO piece and I must say although he is pricy, he did an excellent job and kept an entire flank clear of enemies. I will definitely try to use him in more lists. Unfortunately, his mini kinda lacks...something. I guess there are just much cooler sniper minis out there. One of my favorites is the Aristeia version of Major Lunah in her heroic pose. And with the right colors, I must say she fits right into DBS. She could also step in as Druze MSR. I finished painting her last week and am pretty happy with how her face turned out:

6.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    8.jpeg

infyrana, archon, zapp and 15 others like this.
  5. Antares

And now off to the last finished mini so far. May I introduce: Anaconda!
    5.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    1.jpeg

I originally bought the Anaconda during the Tagline ITS season to use alongside my CHA. It's been half painted for several years but now finally I somehow managed to finish it. For that reason you may notice the slightly different color scheme.
    On another note, big aka heavy minis are difficult to paint imo and I'm really looking forward to future siocast releases by CB to make things easier.

This is all I've got so far. I've started painting some dronbots today but will need some time as I'm painting all 4 of them simultaneously. See you then, cheers!:v:

archon, zapp, Jumara and 13 others like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Great job on all of them!

Antares likes this.
  7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Those are awesome mate! I might have to steal the bright red hair idea for Aida. And using the lunah is a cool idea and she does fit in nicely

Antares likes this.
  8. Antares

Thank you very much! I was really torn between giving Aida blonde hair like in the official art or going for something else. The hair is a massive part of the mini so the color needed some thought. I wasn't sure if the red would distract too much from the color scheme, but in the end it turned out to be a good contrast to the more muted colors I guess. Glad you like it.

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Looks great! I’ve been back to painting DBS as well and they’re really fun models to work with.

Antares likes this.
  10. Antares

Progress is going slowly. I mostly paint during the weekends as I find it exhausting for the eyes to paint after work and in the evening. Also painting all dronbots simultaneously was a silly decision as it takes way too long to get results which is super bad for my motivation. So today I focussed on finishing only one of them and the rest will follow soon enough I guess (you can see them in the background):

17.jpeg
    18.jpeg
    The paint job is a bit rushed on this one compared to the other minis you can find in this thread, I just prefer painting people!

infyrana, zapp, Willen and 9 others like this.
  11. Antares

Two of four Dronbots are now finished! The Pathfinders are ready to grab some objectives and will hit the table as soon as tomorrow. Look how cute they look in pairs:

19.jpeg

But thats not all. This morning I grabbed my Saito miniature that had been sitting around in a box for quite some time. Lots of black on this one, which saves painting time. I have yet to try him out in a game but he looks eager to kill some unexpecting cheerleaders.

20.jpeg
    21.jpeg
    22.jpeg
    23.jpeg

Next up on the painting table will most likely be the Brawler HRL and Sniper. See you soon!

infyrana, toadchild, archon and 13 others like this.
  12. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Great work so far, Saito really looks great, especially the face mask! But also the black and red turned out really nice!

Antares likes this.
  13. Antares

I finished the Sierra Dronbot! In its last match, freshly painted, it rolled 3 crits in 3 AROs. I was so impressed I decided to refer to it as Critbot from now on.

24.jpeg
    25.jpeg

Used green on this one so we the players can easily differentiate Critbot from the Pathfinders.

borisgreymenace, zapp, Oni and 10 others like this.
  14. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Cool idea, but have you ever experienced an opponent, able to seperate each REM on the table? :D
    Nevertheless, nice work!

Antares likes this.
  15. Antares

My opponent will always be able to identify him. One does not simply forget about Critbot.

Capo.Paint and Errhile like this.
  16. Antares

Been a while, but it's finally time for an update! Yay! *audience clapping*
    Over the last weeks I've been working on and off on the rest of the Brawlers (the ones from the box) and my progress was v e r y s l o w.
    Had some more time this weekend to sit down at the painting table and could finally finish them today! These minis were one of the main reasons why I wanted to play a mercenary sectorial in the first place so painting them was kinda overdue and I am really happy with the results.

26.jpeg
    27.jpeg
    28.jpeg
    29.jpeg

Also here is a group shot with all 6 Brawlers united. They want to do cool merc stuff or something!

30.jpeg

Next up may be a recoloring of my old Scarface, though that will take some time. Until then, see you around!

infyrana, Ben Kenobi, Oni and 7 others like this.
  17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Good work here - I like this painting style. The Brawler box seems to be one with the old concpet, two main bodys and different arm/head poses. Funny to see, that CB gave the females a slightly smaller backpack.

Antares likes this.
  18. Antares

Thank you, yes the box has only 2 different bodies. There are several differences between the male and female figures besides the backpack. The male ones only have 1 shoulder plate (on the left shoulder), their webbing and pouches are different and they have a knife on them instead of a pistol. Also their boots have a different design besides missing the heels that the females have. To me they are pretty unique in design compared to most other infantry units, wearing those closed jackets and actual helmets (most other line infantry doesn't wear helmets, but me likes helmets!).

Jumara and archon like this.
  19. Antares

Recently I assembled my Invincibles which had been lying around for quite some time and also played a little game with them which was great fun. So for a change I decided to paint at least one of these guys to test out their colors before going back to my DBS. Yellow is kinda tricky to paint, but I think it looks pretty good.

bearb1.jpeg bearb2.jpeg bearb3.jpeg bearb4.jpeg bearb5.jpeg bearb6.jpeg

zapp, RAF, Chaserabinov and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation