1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andromeda vs AC2's

Discussion in 'ITS' started by aphexblue, Jan 10, 2021.

1. aphexblue

aphexblue Well-Known Member

Not really a question but I got steamroller by Andromeda in 2 orders in Looting and sabotaging. I failed all 6 armour rolls from her doggy delivered D-charges. She deployed in a building so I only had eyes on her with a Zero Sniper through a window. She is really scary these days

2. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Die she roll to get there or did she walk towards the AC2?

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yeah new Guard is pretty dumb.

Savnock likes this.
  4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It's a good example of why Tournament Organizers have to be thoughtful about the missions they select, and avoid missions like L&S where certain units/sectorials have a huge advantage.

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

"It looks like you're about to select Looting and Sabotaging as a scenario in your event. Did you mean to select Mindwipe instead?"

(...in before people complaining about Mindwipe)

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The problem is that Looting & Sabotaging has persisted through multiple tournament cycles where it should have been pruned out.

Savnock likes this.
  7. aphexblue

aphexblue Well-Known Member

She rolled and started off in a building, prone and moved a tiny amount to get LoF to the AC2

Daniel Darko likes this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I mean it's got the same problems, it was designed for N3 and needs an overhaul for N4. Personally I'll be adjusting stuff before I put it in any scenario packets.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Andromeda succeeding at infiltrating roll is going to cause issues just like a Speculo or Fiday successfully realising they don't necessarily need to risk it with a WIP roll, because it's usually possible to set them up to strike at key units with impunity, regardless of the mission. I think it's more important to discuss how the mission causes problems for armies without adequate tools to deal with the mission and whether the armies should be designed to compensate or whether the missions should be designed to have less favouritism.
    IMO at this point the missions with destructible objects are so skewed that adding anti-materiel to Monofilament is also a valid balancing method.

inane.imp, Hecaton and Savnock like this.
  10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It's for that reason that Tournament Organizers need to solve the issue themselves. It's a much more direct way of solving problems like this one. Waiting until the next ITS season and hoping a mission gets dropped from the lineup is an indirect way of solving the issue, particularly when we start running into rule interactions that heavily favor a handful of units/armies.

11. Mahtamori

If your TO is even interested in taking game balance into their own hands rather than picking missions based on narrative flavour or what sounds fun, they've got two paths; either restricting their choices or correcting the mission as they see fit with the latter leading to CB getting wrong data from tournament reports.

inane.imp and Hecaton like this.
  12. Triumph

Probably anyone that decides to go to the length of writing their own or fixing existing missions will document it for posterity.

13. Mahtamori

Yes, but who's posterity? Their local gaming group? The commonly used cylindrical archive? The data that they've used the mission will reach CB and CB will get the impression that the mission is played and enjoyed as CB wrote the mission, because I don't think there's any way to report an ITS tournament to CB with "AC2, ranged weapon damage enabled" or "Extras: Spec-Ops (Bioimmunity banned)"

14. Triumph

I mean CB changed the ITS narrative packs from locking missions last season after feedback on the forums that we were just goobering up their stats, so provided it's posted here as feedback they'll at least be made aware of what's going on.

15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Still boggles my mind how L&S, a mission that discourages playing several Sectorials by being part of a tournament lineup, is still in ITS, while Frostbyte, a better version of most kill missions we have now, went the way of the Dodo.

Also Infiltration/Deployment rolls surviving N4.
    You can build lists that dice their whole plan on the very first dice roll each game. At 70-80% odds that is statistically speaking unreliable in a 3 round tournament.
    Nontheless if you win the gamble, you get a massive advantage to hinge your game on, with barely any Skill required.

#15 Teslarod, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Hecaton and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation