1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaconda Operator

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Wylde83, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

Hey, ive got a question about the Anaconda and his Operator.

If the Anaconda loses his 2 STR Points, the escape system gets activated and the Operator jumps out of the TAG , is it possible to repair the Anaconda and the Operator can jump back in his TAG ? Iam a bit confused because the Operator has no Pilot Skill but the Operator is logically the Pilot ?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The TAG is removed from the table. So not its not possible to do that.

Wylde83 likes this.
  3. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

Ah damn thank you, then i played it false :)

4. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

yeah another reason why it held the title of worst tag of N3 :P

5. inane.imp

It’s close still in N4.

6. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

feel like the +1 armor, 6-2 move (vs 4-4) and way cheaper price makes it a massive improvement over the N3 verson

7. inane.imp

Oh absolutely. But that’s similar to what most TAGs got. The TAC Aware on the operator is certainly useful: but it’s still a 2W TAG.

So it’s gone from being bad to probably just meh.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hey, now. That's the spot for my Gorgos.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Maybe your Gorgos, but everyone else's Gorgos was at least on par with a Guijia, Raicho (the one without the dispenser) or Squalos (the one without the launcher) in a list without Engineers. But now that Fire Vulnerability is gone from Symbiont troopers...

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Well, yeah, I meant N3 obviously and from what I heard the community consensus was that it was one of the worst TAGs in the game, especially after the Symbiomate nerf.

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The Anaconda is so cheap now that it’s directly competing with 2W HI models. It seems like it’s probably worth taking now.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A lot of it has to do with context of the army its in. A Gorgos with a Symbiomate during N3 would've been at least decent compared to most factions' own TAGs, but in Tohaa anything hackable was fairly terrible partly because the lack of decent hacking to make a hard counter to AHDs and partly because there were quite a few cheaper LI/MI options that became stupidly strong with a Symbiomate attached, so why bother with a Gorgos that has drawbacks when you can get something much cheaper and easier to use that also goes into a Triad?

I feel like there were a few of those in N3

13. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure thats the spot for the Iguana

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

As a Morat player, I would have happily taken the "useless and overpriced" Wildcats off of Corregidor's hands.

Mahtamori likes this.
  15. inane.imp

Wildcats weren't "useless and overpriced" they were "underwhelming and expensive" when compare to Alg Cores with Tsyklons/MB or Jaguar Cores (and yes, I'm aware that "underwhelming and expensive" is an apt descriptor or N3 Morats).

N3 Wildcats would probably have been a decent choice in a version of N4 with minimal mixed links and a 15 order cap.

This is also Annie's problem in N4: she's superb in a version of N4 with minimal mixed links but uninspiring out of it (N4 is the edition where you can reasonably ask "sure it's a BS16 B5 HI HMG... but is that the best way to spend those points?). I'll certainly play her, and hope to be pleasantly surprised but I also haven't gone"woah, 55pt Annie - must play her in StarCo immediately!".

Dragonstriker likes this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I was looking at the Anaconda from the DBS angle, where a longstanding complaint has been the lack of an HI (such as the Al Fasid that several other mercs get). The Anaconda is now very competitively priced and offers an option for a resilient model you can use to push past a strong ARO presence and break out of your deployment zone.

Words I never really anticipated saying about the Anaconda.

17. inane.imp

Except most "strong ARO" presences in N4 are core linked HI ML or better. Annie (or any BS13 B4 HI) isn't quite strong enough to reliably push past those without preparation (cue Spec Fire vs the squishy members of the Fireteam or Hunzakut Dep Rep into Carbonite).

So I honestly agree with you, she's a reasonable option now. Which is very cool. But she's not in any way ridiculous.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation