1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaconda in N4 opinions/suggestion/experience all welcome

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Barsik, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Barsik

Barsik Well-Known Member

Hi guys!Any thoughts on Anaconda in N4
    Can it bring any fun on table?

2. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I'd say that it's better than in N3 by the virtue of being cheaper and also including an AP weapon in one of its loadouts. The 6-2 MOV allows you to leverage the move+shoot actions more reliably. However, out of all TAGs, this is by far the squishiest one, squishier than Iguana because Iguana at the very least has a 2-wound operator whereas Anaconda has 2 wounds plus 1-wound pilot. This isn't great regardless of what army you choose to play it in.

The question is whether you want to play it in Spiral Corps that has a somewhat similar Kiel-Saan. Granted, the point difference is not that big, but both are BS13 3-wound models with one having armor-piercing weapons and the other having the linkability and the ability to bust faces in CC.

Barsik likes this.
  3. Barsik

Barsik Well-Known Member

Thank you for an exceptional answer.
    I do see how Kiel Saan are better,just want Anaconda to hang out with others.This dude stands on table for quite some time and feels lonely.

4. FinalNemesis

FinalNemesis Member

I have taken the Anaconda, and find it can fill a useful niche in Spiral - that of a longer range gunfighter. Spiral has very few options for engagements outside of 24 inches so sometimes a HMG is what you need. Yes it's squishy compared to other Tags but it's also cheap. I say give it a go and find out for yourself. It's never going to make the must include list but it's fun and perfectly usable.

Personally I don't bother with the AP spitfire version purely due to the fact that the HMG range band brings something to Spiral that other units can't fill. Whereas the AP spitfire can be substituted with a Draal AP Marksman rifle.

colt, AssaultUnicorn, Ghost87 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

I too think that although the AP Spitfire seems to be stronger at first, the HMG better fills a niche in Spiral. When speaking about the pros of the Igi, we should not leave the pros of Anaconda unmentioned. With armor 7 it defends its TAG-Str better and the Panzerfaust makes a scarier ARO. Granted, Igis HFT is juicer then the Nanopulser, but as long as there is any DTW it's ok. But most important, Anaconda is 10 pts cheaper which is half the FT: Duo Brawler behind it :)
    Even without the Duo, Anaconda is more flexible due to the special operative pilot.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4a mit Tapatalk

6. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

looks fine on the shelf

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation