1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaconda Conversion - help needed

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Temudschin, May 30, 2020.

1. Temudschin

Temudschin Active Member

Hi everyone!

For quite some time I thinik about what to do with the Anaconda. Really like the artwork and background but the model itself did not age well. Espacially I´m not happy with the pose of the TAG.

My Idea is to merge two TAGs. In my opinion the Guijia works best, even it lacks the nomad design elements of the Anaconda. Plan is to use legs and body of the Guijia, trim off alot on the body an fill up eveything with the parts of the Anaconda. With Head, arms, shoulders and the central armor plate it will get the right look in my opinion. Also I would give the Anaconda its spitfire/flamethrower to show its arms properly.

For planning I made a fast photoshop mash up of the product pictures of both TAGs.

guijia-anaconda-conversion.jpg

What I really need now is a good size reference of both tags...
    So, if anyone is in possesion of both TAGs could you give me some side by side pics of them?

Just need to see if the size of the meshed up parts could work. At this point my planning is based on hope it could fit ;)

Help is much appriciated! Thank you in advance!

Abydog, zapp and jherazob like this.
  2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Your mashup looks cool, but there's definitely a scale difference. If you look at the bases, the Anaconda in the official photo is actually based on a 40mm instead of a 55mm since it's from the generation of model photos before the 55mm bases were introduced. I own both, I'll see if I can get you a good side-by-side photo later today.

3. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Going off of your concept there, it needs a shield.

4. wes-o-matic

Okay! So, turns out that while there's a big difference in the stature between the two TAGs, most of that is because the Anaconda's legs are in a permanent crouch and smaller relative to the body size. The torsos are almost the same size, as are the arms.

I took some side-by-side photos, both level and with the Anaconda on some MDF that brought its waistline level with the Guijia's, and did a (very rough) Photoshop to merge them...and the result looks pretty cool, actually. The Guijia's waist is chonkier than the Anaconda's, so you may have some trouble getting the parts to line up without a fair amount of greenstuff work to make the join reasonable-looking.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Temudschin

Temudschin Active Member

Oh wow! Thank you so much wes-o-matic!
    Awesome! you put so much effort into it! I'm very grateful for this! :)

With your photos for reference and the nice work on the photoshop merge I´m confident that doing this conversion could work! A lot of trimming and greenstuff necessary, but it should work!

I guess I have to buy to TAGs to build one :D I´ll keep you updated!

wes-o-matic, toadchild and jherazob like this.
  6. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

This is a great idea... but since they are all similar designs, if you want a taller TAG have you considered the Szalamandra or Iguana legs? All those share the same "type" (reptil-series), unlike the Guija.

The Anaconda is basically an old armored Gecko, btw, so it makes sense it is smaller than a full front line TAG.

7. wes-o-matic

I also have an Iguana, and I can at least say that the legs on that one will look weird under the bulky torso and round armor plates of the Anaconda. The Iggy's legs are really slim and streamlined. I don't have a Sally to check, but based on photos online, its legs look like a better fit in terms of being chunky and thick with rounded armor plating, much like the Guijia's.

Willen likes this.
  8. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Having taken a look, that is correct. But Szally is kinda like the most best looking TAG in the game. I will try to take pics of them side to side today if that helps.

9. Temudschin

Temudschin Active Member

My first guess would also be that the legs of Szally and Iguana are too skinny. Maybe the legs of Szally are beefy enough, but in my opinon they just don´t look like Anaconda.

With the Guijia you have to look closley to see it, because both have similar Dimension. Still it lacks the nomad design elements. Don´t know what I can do about that, but maybe it is just a heavily modified Anaconda with Yu Jing Parts because of necessity. ;)

But of course I´m intersted to see how Szally looks side by side with the anaconda! :)

10. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Can´t upload pics here... so links to Google Photos.
    I am actually painting Annie right now, so it is a WIP. There are two "Sallies", but the one without the HMC is my Lizard conversion, the legs are easier to see.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sRfiXXp3RE1QbLPR8

Temudschin likes this.
  11. Temudschin

Temudschin Active Member

The Legs of Szally looking a lot taller than the ones of the Anaconda. Wow, I did not expect such a Difference.
    Thank you for your photos Willen! Great you gave us this extra comparison. :)

I think I stick with the Guijia, in my Opinion still the best Option.
    Oh boy, still a little reluctant to buy two TAGs to build one. But you have to do what you have to do I think :D

Willen likes this.
  12. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Yeah. Again, the main thing is that the Annie is a beefed up Gecko, so it is not a "true" S7 TAG. I think for the Guija it looks better since the legs have a wide stand and then it looks "lower".

If you look at the torsos, however, they are all quite similar (in volume).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation