1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Aristeia! fan from the UK!

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Greggers, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Greggers

Greggers New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm Boris from the UK. No, not that Boris!

I've been a hobby boardgamer for about five years. I started with Euros, like Carcassonne and Puerto Rico. Hey don't boot me out yet! A couple of years ago, I got into wargames, starting with Conflict of Heroes.

Anyway, I like combat games and I saw this new game out called Aristeia! It was combat but the game show theme didn't completely appeal to me.

But the characters looked really cool (my favourite is 8-Ball). So I gave it a go. And...

... It instantly became my favourite board game of all time! I loved Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire, but found that game lacked bit of depth for me. Aristeia! on the other hand was always giving me cool little decisions to make and opportunities I could take if I stayed alert!

It is one of the few games I have played where later on I can think, ah, I missed a trick there! I should have done ...

Also, I loved the metal minis in my Deluxe version of Aristeia! I got the Maximus metal skin - wow.

I suddenly liked the game show theme. The game has a cheeky vibe, it is fun and bright and not dark and dingy like so many games. The figure designs showed some real creativity and fun.

So that put Corvus Belli on my radar. I've always liked little toy soliders and had some lead ones that I treasure. Now I have a new treasure: Infinity figures! The level of detail and the artistry and production quality amazes me. How do you folks stop buying them when you have enough?!

Favourite mini: Either of the two current Blackjacks models.
    Favourite faction: I am torn between Ariadna and Yu Jing. I'll go Ariadna, as you can't beat space marines like in Aliens!
    Favourite movies: #1 Aliens, #2 Alien - two very different, but both amazing, movies!

Edit: forgot to say, I am still new to Infinity. I intend to play vs my son. We have only played a few intro games from Red Veil so far and now I am reading the N4 rules.

#1 Greggers, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation