1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ammo types comparison for newer players

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by n21lv, Jan 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I was wondering what were the thresholds for choosing one ammo over another, so I made this spreadsheet to have a visual comparison between some of the more popular anti-armour ammo types: N vs K1, N (Template) vs 1/2 (AP, Breaker) vs K1 and EXP (Template) vs AP+EXP.

I know you can always run the numbers in the infamous @toadchild's Dice Calc (definitely try it if you didn't know about this tool), but I didn't want to 'run the numbers' for each case when it's easier for me to do it once and remember the thresholds, so I made this more as a visual guide.

NB: I couldn't directly compare EXP, DA and other multiple-hits-per-die ammo types vs K1, so this will come later (if at all), but think of these as more effective at the moment.

realder, toadchild and Xeurian like this.
  2. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Quick reference:
    GREEN shows where Blast Mode is better than Hit Mode for weapons that have it.
    YELLOW shows where Hit Mode is better than Blast Mode for weapons that have it.
    RED shows where K1 is better than anything presented in the table (excluding multiple-hits-per-die ammo types)
    BLUE shows where N (and equivalents) is better than K1
    [​IMG]

#2 n21lv, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Nenyx, realder and Mahtamori like this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Very nice! For EXP, DA, etc that cause multiple saves, I would suggest showing the odds of inflicting at least one wound. It’s the most meaningful comparison for things like MULTI snipers choosing between DA and AP.

Lesh', Xeurian and n21lv like this.
  4. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Thank you, that's actually a very good suggestion!

5. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

Everyone knows that Multi Snipers only bring DA clips... They forgot to add AP ones :)

Jokes aside, hardly remember the last time I used ap shots with multi sniper. Perhaps the only time I faced a Jotum and had to shoot him and was in cover.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Section9, Lesh' and Mahtamori like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yeah... DA also has the added benefit of occasionally being able to puncture the use of Dogged or NWI. I'd rate ammo by their ability to put enemy pieces into null state directly higher than being able to cause a wound, unless a wound is all it takes to put the model in null state.

Section9 likes this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

My memory of doing this math in the past is that DA is better than AP until you’re targeting an ARM 8 TAG that’s in cover.

Section9, AdmiralJCJF and chromedog like this.
  8. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I'm slowly putting more and more stuff in the table, and it's getting interesting. T2 seems to be a decent option for lightly armoured targets (ARM<4).
    upload_2020-1-7_23-22-49.png

toadchild likes this.
  9. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Done with the second table (comparison of the multiple-saves-per-hit causing ammo). Overall, it seems that DA/Viral is almost always better than AP/Breaker, except for really fringe cases (ARM/BTS 8+ in cover). Hope someone finds this useful :)

P.S. If you want to see the whole spreadsheet, link is in the original post.
    upload_2020-1-11_22-28-5.png

Section9, toadchild and Florian Hanke like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation