1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing cyberpunk story ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Shinankoku, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Shinankoku

Shinankoku New Member

I found this recently. It has a cyberpunk/Infinity feel to it. And amazing artwork and an amazing story, not for nothing ...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Stalenhag is A BOSS of Non-Violent / Moody Cyberpunk Stuff. . .

My colleagues own ALL of His Illustration Artbooks and there is stuff that is SIMPLY AWESOME. . . . .!!!

jherazob, Icchan and Shinankoku like this.
  3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Following him on twitter is always a valuable source of nice pictures. I never had the chance to enjoy his work in full length yet.

stevenart74 and Shinankoku like this.
  4. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

I have three of his paintings hanging on my wall. Printed unfortunately, not originals (though I understand he only works in digital).

Shinankoku likes this.
  5. stevenart74

@Icchan . . .

My colleague owns EVERY Artbook of Him, and also is subscribed to Stalenhag official site, so when appears something new He avidly collect whatever rough concepts are shown; at an Italian Convention I went Yesterday there were A LOT OF people lamenting to an Artbook Retailers: "You have ONLY "Tales from the Loop, ?, But JUST a couple of hours ago You had "Tales from the Flood". . .

My pal, who specializes in Matte Paintings for Work, went EVEN to the route of using Google Map to "Streetview" any possible location nearby Stalenhag's physical location in the Scandinavian Peninsula, to check how modified are the Photos that the GREAT Artist employ as basics for the Art. . .

Shinankoku, jherazob and Icchan like this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Saw that book in the Barnes&Noble yesterday, too bad it was $35...

Shinankoku likes this.
  7. Shinankoku

Shinankoku New Member

It’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Shinankoku

Shinankoku New Member

9. stevenart74

Seen JUST now that Modiphius Games (the ones CURRENTLY spawning much AWESOME material for the Official Infinity R.P.G.) have released the FIRST manual of the R.P.G. that is TOTALLY based on Stalenhag Art. . .

It is "Tales from the Loop, The R.P.G." !!

jherazob likes this.
  10. stevenart74

Apparently the game ruleset is ported from another patended Rolepalying Game by Modiphius: "Mutant Year Zero", that is sort of Universe crossbreeded between Terminator and Fallout, with ALL P.C. being Teenage Mutants (Ninja Turtles, too. . .!!) !

The background is a little more complex:

As in Stalenhag Visual Novel a sort of Cyber Utopia where Adults could even NOT work anymore (because Robots of ALL shapes and sizes tale care of ALL humanity needs) become a Nightmare Scenario where 99% of Adults become ADDICTED to a hyperadvanced V.R. !!!

Some time after, many of the Adults are dead of inaction / starving / accidents (the Robots are smart, but not SO smart to avoid serious problems) and the more FORTUNATE are "Zombie Shambler" hordes attached to Mobile Giant Servers that eke a weird symbiosis, using the V.R. Addicts as "Drone Workforce" to repair damage and take needed resource and fuel, and doing a MINIMUM of care for the "Organic Appendages" that are forcefully fed, healed and sheltered. . .

Enter the protagonists: Very Young Teens that are NOT under the spell of the "V.R. Artificial Paradise" for many reasons (never cared of it; scions of "Ateks"; somehow immune; local server crashed down; freed by the household advanced robotic butler; etc.). . .

They start group to JUST survive, and try to LEARN to survive in a World that is SLOWLY going "Techno Feral" (with the MOST advanced Robots that NEEDS to adapt to the TOTAL lack of Admin Level Persons). . .

The Teens are on their own, or JUST aided by very limited Robotic Toys / Childcarers / Nurses that are ABLE to accept the Orders / Requests / Pleas of Non-Admin Teens !

Try to FORCEFULLY detach still living people from V.R.Rigs is often fatal (or even worse, creating a Berserk Lunatic Adult!!) and the Endgame is to learn, adapt, grow together, survive and MAYBE close the Rig Net to save still recoverable Adults, by finding Tech, Programs and Admin Access Credentials. . . . .!!!

There is YET in work (maybe yet in print) the Robot Manuals that SHOULD have a big list of potential helpers, hindrances and foes (such as Warden Guards stopping P.C. from rescuing V.R. Addicted people). . .

I don't remember if that Manual would have the option of creating Robo-P.C.s that are EITHER "smart toys" tiny and childlike or big "workframes" that are dumb and full of Admin Constrictions. . .

Berjiz and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation