1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one having hard time assembling Maakrep MSR?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Barrogh, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Basically, title.
    I've got an Onyx box which I'm trying to assemble. Got to Maakrep and it seems nothing really matches anything. Like, I can fit the gun hand, but only if I remove the pin from the body. Even then I'm not sure how to mount an off-hand. Etc, etc...

I can make some photos to illustrate my issues, but until I get to minis and my desktop I wanted to ask if there's something about the mini that is a common problem / knowledge?

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

More than half the models I've assembled with both hands on the gun required me to bend their arms to get them to fit well. IIRC, the Maakrep was particularly difficult, not least because her arms are so thin. They likely bent in the packaging.

It takes a lot of time, and about 3 more hands than I have on me, but I take a lot of time just holding the pieces together after I've cleaned them to get the fitting right, bending when I have to, before I actually start gluing. I also haven't used any green stuff to fill in gaps yet, but I plan to start and that might help.

xagroth likes this.
  3. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

You need to open the arm joint holes and file down the torso nubs. She doesn't fit together out of the mold and needs some adjusting.

Barrogh likes this.
  4. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

If I recall correctly the front of her torso has a small notch the rifle fits into on account of how tightly the pose is holding the weapon to the chest. So make sure that parts lined up. Hope that helps.

reaper1714 and Barrogh like this.
  5. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I had to file the hidden side of her weapon to get it to fit flushly, but it's a very tight fit. Don't be afraid of bending the wrist arm into place, a few Infinity models sometimes need that.

6. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

I've had to bend the right hand on my maakrep too, but building it was not nearly as annoying as a sniper shrouded.

7. Barrogh

Oh, thanks to everybody for these replies. It is sad that this is a thing, but at least it's not just me being stupid. I'll see what I can do.

8. Erethros

Erethros Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who didn't have any problem with it?

When I have those kind of problems, I use Poxypoll, it can create a bit of shoulder/wrist to help fitting.

9. Barrogh

Well, we have managed to assemble it. It ended up looking a bit weird with its rifle slightly turned around its lengthwise axis, but otherwise okay.

People told me that scoped weapons are held that way sometimes - when you need to keep weapon ready, but still see wide sector without scope getting in the way. Guess I can explain away it like that.

10. Erethros

Erethros Well-Known Member

Or you can tell that is positioning the rifle to his aiming position

11. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

There's a reason I've stuck with Morats for so long :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation