1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph not in N4 Core Book?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Liber8Paradiso, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Liber8Paradiso

Liber8Paradiso New Member

I got the N4 book yesterday and can't find Aleph in the core book. Anyone else have this issue?

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the table of contents?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Liber8Paradiso

Liber8Paradiso New Member

I have. They are on the last two pages (271 and 272) of the book but there are no unit summaries or expansive back story like with the other factions.

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Aleph weren't in the N2 or N3 core books either, so it's not a new thing.

Aleph as a playable faction didn't exist until N2 Human sphere - so they weren't in the N2 book.

When N3 came out, they stuck with that format. Aleph wasn't in the core N3 book, it was in the N3 Human sphere book instead.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Iver

Iver Human Plus

There are pictures of Aleph troops tn the O-12 section though.

Are they merging the two armies into one single 3-sectorial force?

Are Corvus Belli actually run by an evil alliance of underground lizard people, swiss bank gnomes and corrupt girl scouts?

[​IMG]

#5 Iver, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Seriously though, while the chance might be small, I think there are some decent arguments for this.

O-12 is in-fluff the body that manages and monitors Aleph and its actions. They work in close concert, already represented by all the Aleph troops vanilla O-12 has access to.

I already mentioned that they'd end up as a 3-sectorial faction. Generally the number that Corvus Belli strikes for, with some exceptions.

The merge would not really take the slightly sinister undertones from Aleph away either, because a whole sectorial (OSS) would represent what our friendly AI management does behind the back of O-12's watchful eye.

There's concerns about what the vanilla faction would look like after a merge. If it would end up being too strong and whatnot. It would certainly be a bit stronger than the current vanilla Aleph, but I don't personally think it would be "broken", after having played a bit with the concept in the army builder. They don't cover for a lot of our weaknesses and such, aside from giving us a couple new repeater options.

All in all, I wouldn't hate it. O-12 has some gorgeous minis I would have to pick up if that happened.

7. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

O12 didn't exist as a faction for N2, or the vast majority of N3, and that didn't keep them for having their own section in the book. Not having a fluff section for 2 of you main factions feels kinda disrespectful (as much as lore for little miniature toys can feel disrespectful, of course)

Dragonstriker, RolandTHTG and xagroth like this.
  8. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I don't think the integration of some Aleph units into O-12 is something to worry about as far as our armies being folded under the banner.
    • Devas and Dakinis seem to be the standard Aleph Aid package (see the same units showing up in YuJing ISS), and so i think were there to give O-12 players some more models available from the start.
    • While Hector and Andromeda showing up are new with N4, they're both characters and so feel to me like they have more permission to "wander" out side their native sectorial. See the characters that show up in N3 SAA, or Dart in MO. Heck, Andromeda was already wandering over to OSS from the Greeks in N3.
    • Hippolyta from the start has felt more attached to O-12 than Aleph, and he continuing absence from Aleph in N4 seems intentional.
    • Finally, there's enough units in O-12 that aren't in Starmada that it feels like there's one more sectorial intended for them, which if merged with Aleph would bring us over the desired 3 sectorials.

Iver likes this.
  9. Iver

Iver Human Plus

It's not that I think it will happen, just that in an alternative universe it might have a small possibility it could happen, and i'd be behind it if it did.

The "aid packages" are usually seen in Sectorials. It's a bit odd that these appear in the vanilla roster.

Hector is definitely someone Aleph would lend out as a figurehead to boost the Starmada's appearance in the public eye. Andromeda is a bit more of a sneak, but I can totally see her as an agent Aleph would lend out to advise in covert activities. I like that these show up in our "sister" army.

Not sure I agree with Hippolyta being more attached to O-12. At least from reading the design notes where she was designed to fit in with the greeks and the like. The biggest reason (in my opinion) she was never popular in SP was due to being almost identical to Eudoros and him having a better ranged weapon option.

I agree that all the extra O-12 figurines that aren't in Starmada definitely hints at a second sectorial, I just don't see an overlying theme that binds any of those together (maybe aside from police force stuff, but Neoterra Capitaline Army already has that to a degree)

The biggest hint to why it wouldn't happen if one asked me would be the bloat in figurine roles. The Alpha and the Shukra as well as the Cyberghost and the Danavas. We have too many tools that resembles each other.

Still fun to wonder.

10. niSSin

niSSin New Member

IMG_5377[1].JPG Not sure if this was meant, though this is page 175 in the Core Book from N3.

11. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Playing the game since N2. And I cant understand this decision. N4 could be a very good idea to hold all factions together.

12. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

I gave away my book after I saw this :sweat_smile:

Corvus Belli announced already, that there won‘t be a N4 Human Sphere Book. So that can‘t be the reason behind it. Aleph just isn‘t important enough to them. That Aleph and Tohaa have competitive profiles seems to have happened by accident.

bkromray and Angry Clown like this.
  13. Angry Clown

Have you realised? 012 is using aleph weapons.
    So maybe it can be the idea.
    012 is the main faction
    Aleph subsection
    Steel phalanx
    Starmada
    Are the sectorials.

14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Nice try, but this is not how things are.

Those are high-end guns manufactured by PanOceanian military-industrial complex.
    Actually too high-end for mass use in the PanO armed forces, but small, elite (and well-funded) organizations like O-12 or Aleph do appreciate such stuff. As well as the more prosperous soldiers of fortune.

Same with TAGs - Zeta Unit is a PanO design & manufacture, but PanO military found it too expensive to adopt it. O-12 had no such problems :P

15. Angry Clown

i dont have the book but i guess tohaa is not inside the book as well. How about other armies ,sectorials ? anything is missing else?

16. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

N4 Factions don't really go into the sectorials or units as much as N3 core did, but the Tohaa are only mentioned in reference to Combined Army, and ALEPH gets a page at the end, but neither has units listed.

17. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

There are a lot of gaps in the content, it is in no way comprehensive. The only NA2 force that gets any meaningful discussion in that chapter is White Company; I can't find any mention of JSA in the book at all, although I haven't re-read every page to be 100% sure I didn't miss it somewhere in a footnote or sidebar.

The core fluff book probably shouldn't be considered a great source of insight into anything, other than which armies are being foregrounded at this point in N4's product cycle (basically Sval, White Banner, Corregidor, Kosmoflot, O-12/Starmada, White Co, CA/Shas).

18. Angry Clown

So we can say Aleph and Tohaa are not considered as real factions at all like other armies do. Well... As always had happened before.

19. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

O-12 won’t be a part of Aleph. They’ve got different paint schemes.

20. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

ALEPH is in Third Offensive, JSA is in Uprising with Starco, Ikari and DBS, the remaining NA2 are in Daedalus Fall.
    Considering those three books are still sold, it's kind of normal to not have them repeated in N4.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation