1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for Novice player new to Combined Army

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by ICEMAN57, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ICEMAN57

ICEMAN57 New Member

Hi, I have recently decided to get back in to Infinity having not played for some time. I have had a handful of 300 point games against a skilled player quite some time ago so I know the very basics.

I have decided to dig out my models and start building and painting again but moving away from Nomads and towards a new Combined Army and was looking for some general list advice.

I have the following models and would be looking to create a good base 300 point army to get me going again although I know most list are scenario specific.

I’d be keen to use the Rodoks as I think the models are awesome and the Xedron Batroids although they’re expensive units.

Any suggestions and reasons behind those suggestions would be greatly appreciated to help me learn more.

Umbra Samaritan

Umbra Legates

3 x Unidron

Fraacta Drop Unit

Maakrep Tracker

4 x Rodok.

T - Drone.

E - Drone

2 x Xeodron Batroids.

Med-Tech Obsidon Medcaniod

2 x Slave Drone

Any advice would be great thanks.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You should go Onyx, but...

You still need a couple of things, in order of personal interest:
    2x Imetrons & Ikadrons
    Overdron
    Bit&Kiss
    Kerr Nau / Pneumarch / Nexus
    Unidron SWC box to get those sweet Plasma Sniper Rifles.

You could then go both with a Samaritan-OverdronXeodron Haris, or a Unidron Core. and eventually proceed from there.

#2 tox, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    ICEMAN57 likes this.
  3. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Tox means a Samaritan + Xeodron haris rather than an overdron one but yeah I'd second those suggestions and the suggestion that you go down the Onyx route with your preferred selection of models, there was a time you could run a xeodron haris and a rodok core in a full list but since tactical awareness increased the price of Xeodrons (and rightly so) this is about what I can manage now:

A very silly list
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    XEODRON MULTI Rifle, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (0.5 | 62)
    [​IMG] STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    XEODRON Red Fury, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (1 | 63)
    UMBRA SAMARITAN Breaker Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Vorpal CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    UMBRA SAMARITAN Lieutenant Breaker Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Vorpal CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    RODOK HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    RODOK Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    RODOK Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    RODOK Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

^ To be clear This is a stupid list, It's fun when it works but more often than not it won't, it offers no tricks other than super jump and if a lucky crit kills a model in either link team you're losing most of your advantage with no way of getting it back, you also have no real bullet sponge's which you can afford to leave on a flank to kill random warbands etc and any good active turn heavy like an Main battle TAG or an elite heavy infantry will probably rinse you.

If you're just returning I'd probably try and play vanilla for a while, links are extremely powerful but also come with weaknesses and placement problems you simply don't have in vanilla along with a greater range of options. Onyx for example have no warband troops available which are good at area denial or countering elite units which the silly list above will struggle with.

ICEMAN57 likes this.
  4. ICEMAN57

ICEMAN57 New Member

I’m mean I like rodok and Xedron Batroids but would be looking for general advice on a good list hopefully containing them but not compulsory.

I was curious to what would be a good all round like as a starting place but thanks for the list it looks fun to try for sure!

5. ICEMAN57

ICEMAN57 New Member

I’ve read the unidron sniper is good is good in a link?

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

It is GOLDEN in a link. Or on an Overdron fitted with Dual Plasma Sniper Rifle.

Plasma hits on a teardrop template DMG 14 ARM and BTS. So any hit causes 2 rolls. Alternatively you can shoot direct ammo without template but DMG 15, always with ARM and BTS rolls.

Add this to
    BS11 + 3 for link (always field 5 men Fireteam for Unidron) + Marksmanship L2 (they are REM, so you can buff them with an hacker) before range and enemy skills
    or
    DMG +1 on a TAG with Albedo to bring down the enemy MSV2+ and the eventual TR Remote

This is NOT a good list, i.e. not an easy list, but i LOVE it and used it a lot.

Onyx Contact Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    UMBRA SAMARITAN Lieutenant Breaker Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Vorpal CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    XEODRON Red Fury, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (1 | 63)
    [​IMG] undefined undefined / undefined. (undefined | undefined)
    XEODRON K1 Combi Rifle, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (0.5 | 63)
    OVERDRON 2 Plasma Snipers / . (2 | 72)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

ICEMAN57 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation