1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding dice & Maximus' Implacable timing

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Tipzntrix, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Maximus is standing next to Valkyrie, Immobilized. Valkyrie uses Charge against Maximus' ally. Maximus uses Implacable to displace away from Valkyrie.

If the extra black die from cover is calculated before Maximus can use Implacable, does Valkyrie also get her extra blue die here or is it a different timing?

P.S. I assume Hannibal's Pointman automatic skill is using the same timing as Valkyrie, but if it's not let me know.

2. eronth

eronth Active Member

The reason that cover doesn't change is because evaluating line of sight happens before the attack is declared.

My bet is Valkyrie's ability would still change as long as the displacement takes place before the roll occurs, since the passive is just always running.

I think Hannibal's would also be affected, since you're checking his line of sight for a constant passive and not as the first part of an attack.

3. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Pending an answer from V, I would say that she still gets the blue dice, because the dice are calculated at the point that the action is declared, when Maximus was still adjacent.

This is the same reason for the black cover dice. It's to do with the state of the board at the point of action declaration, not when LOS is calculated (although that happens at the same time).

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

4. eronth

eronth Active Member

The reason black dice are determined before declaration is because line of sight is checked at the start during the requirements portion of the action. It has nothing to do with checking/calculating the state of the board. You should check the state of the board as needed excluding requirements.

5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Looks like there is some disagreement. Hopefully CB can clear it up

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is right. 'Passive skills' are always running. Valkyrie gets the :-:. You could consider Benediction of Freyja as a 'Block' Tactic: Just before Roll lets you add a :-:. Same to Pointman: just when you are going to Roll it lets you add a:,: (or not).

We're adding this question to FAQs which we're editing right now to be published ASAP.

:wink:

volgo and precinctomega like this.
  7. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Eronth said that Valkyrie doesn't get the :-: in the post you quoted, but you said Valkyrie gets the :-:. I'm not sure which one is right!

8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I'm sorry. I misunderstood the example because I had in mind the example we've added to FAQs in which Maximus is away and he displaces to be adjacent to Valkyrie when she's just charged to a Maximus' ally.

Enroth's still right. If there is no adjacent inmobilized enemy to Valkyrie when she's just Rolling, she gets no :-:.

precinctomega likes this.
  9. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Well, I stand corrected.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

10. apokalypsetest

So, same if Maximus Blocks los for Hannibal? No Orange then?

11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We'll explain it via FAQs. The timing is:

- Attack declaration.
    - Maximus displaces himself.
    - Other effects, Tactics, etc.
    - Just before Rolls: Check LoS for Pointman (this is not the LoS of Attack declaration).
    · If there's LoS from Hannibal, Attacker adds :,: to their Roll. (As Maximus is blocking LoS Attacker adds no one).
    Same way for Valkyrie:

- Attack declaration.
    - :G:Inmobilized Maximus displaces himself.
    - Other effects, Tactics, etc.
    - Just before Rolls: Check adjacency for Benediction of Freyja.
    · For every :G:Inmobilized Enemy add :-: to Valkyrie's Roll. (As Maximus is away, then she adds no one).
    Hope it helps.

Miller66, volgo, Damiel and 2 others like this.
  12. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

-V- you English is superb but I think when you state
    It would be more clear if you stated " adds none"
    I believe that "no one" implies in English a person or a character whereas "none" is more for an inanimate object such as a die. This is a fine point but other native English speakers may agree with me that my minor edit might be helpful to their English reading brain.

13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thanks for your comment! I see the point. My English is far for being superb, hahaha. Glad if I managed you to understand what I meant.

14. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing it up.

15. inbrain

inbrain New Member

@-V- As new FAQ recently came out I'm curious why I can not find relevant updates in it according to this thread.. am I overlooking something?

16. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Tell me what specific question were you waiting for resolving.

Thx.

17. inbrain

inbrain New Member

@-V- Well as it's stated in one of your posts in this thread: "We'll explain it via FAQs. The timing is:" . So I would love both topics about LOS becoming blocked for Hannibal and Maximus moving out of Valkyrie proximity be explained (maybe in some more general form) in FAQ, as at least in one other thread you have agreed to the different outcome for Hannibal once before.

18. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Ok. Noted down.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation