1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acontecimento Explodes

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Narkano, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

Acontecimento Explodes

What does it mean? Here are a few things this could be construed to imply.
    1. Acontecimento gets squatted/exhrad This one seems the least likely. CB tends to not just destroy the usefulness of a miniature collection.
    2. Acontecimento becomes an NA2 faction. This seems the most likely mechanically. From what I’ve seen Vanilla PanO tends to not include very SAA units. The Nisse eclipses the Bagh Mari, Fusiliers are AVA total while Regulars are AVA 2 and have extra SWC costs, Tikbalangs and Akals are probably the most used SAA units, but are replaceable by pretty close analogs (Uhlan/Seraph/ Crusaders), the Guarda tends to be left on the shelf for Swiss/Joan/Aquila, Montesas seem to hurt for cheap upfield support from Nagas, Dragoe is in competition with the Jotum/Squalo/Cutter already. It would make room for Varuna as a sectorial. Much like poor Asuka it’s a chance to remedy a couple of under preforming characters (Rao and Singh). It’d give a reason to finally release an SAA Dire Foe. All that aside, fluff wise it doesn’t make a ton of sense. Acontecimento is not home of any known pro cessation factions. The planet is the heart and soul of PanO in terms of material for the war effort, losing Acontecimento would effectively knock PanO out of its place the Hyperpower (which would require a TON of fluff updates). Product wise it also doesn’t make sense to invalidate the Vanilla Starter or the Stingray box.
    3. Acontecimento becomes the new front in the war with the Combined Army. To me this makes the most sense, but really does the least for the army on the table top, though it does open another front for a BoW campaign.
    I’m sure folks will have some other ideas but those seemed like the most obvious to me.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Oy would ya shoo off mate. I just started to regularily run my Eduardo. And I'm lovin it, Mimetic Climbing Plus DAM16 HMGs are the stuff wet dreams are made off.

This isn't YJ, we're PanO.
    We don't get Exrah'd, Ko Dali'd or JS(eccessionist)A'ed.
    Stop giving that YJ mob looking for something to point their torches and pitchforks at a target. :fearful:

Now that personal feelings and mild taunting are out of the way, there are a few additional holes in your logic (You did a good job to find some pretty strong counterarguments yourself).

NA2 is for Non Aligned Armies. SAA is never going to fit in there, even if they(or for what it's worth MO) leave PanO.
    PanO has 3 Sectorials and a lot more niche choices than YJ. YJ also has remarkably few dead Profiles in comparison, even less now that the "1 point cheaper" options are excluded as a reason.
    As a result Peacemaker, Tik and Regulars should blow the JSA Options utilized in Vanilla YJ out of the water.
    Unlike JSA SAA seems up there as one of the stronger Sectorials to me, so a split with resulting rework sounds unlikely from a mechanical point of view.
    Additionally a lot of SAA's popular Profiles wouldn't show up in PanO stats because they're Aleph troops. SAA outside of PanO would most likely have to give back those loaners.

Together with what you brought up that should be enough to invalidate 1.) and 2.). Which leaves 3. With the event marked on the timeline this might as well be possible, but we know the new campaign will take place on Dawn, so best case this means it's either going to be split across several locations.
    Either way "Acontecimento explodes" is unlikely to be what is literally going to happen.

Mikes and Golem2God like this.
  3. wayton

wayton Active Member

Where was this mentioned?

Golem2God likes this.
  4. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

I assume if it does there will still be acon just it might get a new name

5. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Acontecimento actually explodes . We keep shock army but then they become the acontecimentos ghosts. A super 3edgy5me regiment who gets no reinforcements and feels every casualty dearly.

DaRedOne, Sojourne, eciu and 6 others like this.
  6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Kind of seemed like a joke to me - unless i missed something in a new seminar or something

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

That means Paradiso explodes.

8. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Maybe the combine army expands its invasion to Acontecimento. More jungle warfare!

Golem2God likes this.
  9. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

If pano were to have a faction go na2 I feel like saa would the one most likely to do it. I own a decent amount of saa stuff but haven't brought myself to actually play them. I can always find a better reason to play vanilla or one of the other sectorials. Granted that means I just need to actually force myself to play it to really see how much I like it. I would be sad to see Akalis go because they'e one of my favorite models ever.

10. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

Adepticon seminar on Bostrias newest 2018 road, there is an event for Acontecimento explodes after Gencon and before Essen.

I know the logic is not perfect, but given the options we have open (obviously there could be more opened up later in the year) those three seemed like the most obvious.
    My only nitpick with your logic is that the Peacemaker is a vanilla drone profile, it is highlighted as being a good choice for SAA, but is not a profile specific to the sectorial.
    I hope it not something where we actually lose SAA as fluff wise they are my favorite sectorial and have the most we're not restricted to the point of no fun feel to them.

Teslarod likes this.
  11. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Unlike th JSA, there has never been a hint that the SAA had any sessionist movement. Also, I doubt the planet itself is going to explode. Rather I think theres just going to be a battle on the planet. Maybe the combine army assaults it or Yu JIng (make Pano pay for helping the JSA split) Assuming Pano had any involvement and honestly, how could they not.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. wayton

wayton Active Member

Thanks and hmm....

Gencon is a long time to wait, then have to go past it to find out more. :p

13. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Let them come!

Minos and Rey like this.
  14. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

CB take away the interesting and flexible PanO units?

Yeah we're fucked.

#14 daboarder, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Stiopa likes this.
  15. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

Can anyone please give a link to the video or where does this come from?

16. Death

Death Well-Known Member

It comes from what Carlos said during the recent seminar. No, we have no idea what he means. No need to panic about losing SAA, there no indication of that happening.

I can only guess it means war is coming to Acontecimento.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Acontecimento will get yet another buff: All Bagh-Mari Combi Rifle + Light Shotguns are replaced with Marksman Rifle + Light Shotguns. GdA gets Lieutenant profiles. Regular gets a 5-point SMG profile.

The player population explodes.

18. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Actually, listening to the Maya podcast, apparently the JSA's new scuplts will be coming with some Pano design weapons. Which makes me suspect maybe Yu Jing will retaliate by attacking Acontecimento in some fashion.

19. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (but where?) that the planet's surface wasn't stable. So maybe just an ecological disaster?

20. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Minos. . .

You could be right, even if I could swear it was instead a fragile ecosystem, endangered by too much "Imported Terran Stock" so that it needed the creation of the gigantic "Native Rainforest Preserve" but could confuse it with the other Pan-O Planet of Neoterra. . .

Will check again when possible in the "Planet Fluff" section of the R.P.G. Manual to search for it. . .

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation