1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(ab)using Free Agent?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Darkvortex87, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

if you had to find the best way to Abuse of this skill, what would you do?

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, CrazyKoalas / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 47)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, CrazyKoalas / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 47)
    [​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 15)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 294 Points

Open in Infinity Army

i tried to put down this list (even though i play corregidor, first sign of Pokemonitis) to abuse of the skill.

having 18 orders means that the opponent can/will probably use 1 command token to remove 2 orders from my first combat group.
    So, you simply need to move both the Taskmasters to the other group, and go on with the rampage almost unaffected.
    probably there could be some more "tuning" you could do to the list (mainly moving the moderators around)

Raghart likes this.
  2. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Not a bad idea. Sadly, it would not work to avoid losing two orders on the Taskmaster group, as you have to move them before the order count.

You can still use it to move the two taskmasters freely on each turn to the biggest available group, but this list needs at least a Red Fury on the team to give them some extra firepower.

I would try something like...

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 10)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This would be a hell of Mines + Koalas + Repeaters, with a 5-linked grenade launcher and a DDO troop (piWell). :D It stills lack some serious firepower, but i think it could make some people cry...

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I haven't played Taskmasters but on ISS I'll have my Pheasant swap in to group 1 on turn 3 and use his Lt. order and Red Fury for a good last turn. I would do a similar thing with Taskmaster Lt.

Zewrath and PreacherSaul like this.
  4. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I've only really thought about Free Agent in the context of order batteries for Morlocks. I took this list to a game of Supplies and was pretty happy:

[​IMG] Bakunin Test
    GROUP 1 |
    [​IMG]9
    [​IMG] KUSANAGI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    [​IMG] REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)​
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)​
    GROUP 2 | [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] SIN-EATER HMG / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 33)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)​
    6 SWC | 300 Points | Open in Infinity Army

I left the first group at 9 so I could Free Agent on turn 1 if the board was super open and I didn't think I would get much use out of the Morlocks until later in the game. Be interesting to start thinking about it in the context of Taskmaster Duos.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

That looks fun. I've generally been using TMs the same way unless it is a single order group list. Works well with the TM as your DT in non-hunting type missions. There is a good screen to protect it for a last turn push to secure the bonus points and almost better if you need to protect it from being taken out all-together.

6. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I think Taskmasters are actually pretty good DataTrackers in missions where you do need to hunt the enemy's Datatracker. They're pretty hard to get rid of and you really only get one shot to chew through both wounds with all the options they have to defend themselves... but that's starting to get a bit off topic.

Back on topic, Free Agent on the Taskmaster is self-regulating. To abuse it, you want multiple Taskmasters, which means you have significantly less points to fill out the rest of your list with... meaning you can't really fill out two groups with elite units (not that you can usually anyway). I don't think it's particularly game breaking. It's probably more worth it with the Ayyar in Haqq where you can spam Daylami panzerfausts in group 2 with an Ayyar in there, then just coordinated panzerfaust something and then move the Ayyar on Turn 2. Jaguars are already regular so no need for that with Nomads.

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

You don't really want two Ayyar either. They take a lot of DZ room so the second is hard to deploy well, and even for their low cost they are lightly armed. They aren't that versatile with their loadout options, it's two of nearly the exact same thing.

WiseKensai likes this.
  8. Tmist

Tmist Member

I use this list a lot. I generally use the morlocks turn 1 and coordinated order them up the board once or twice. Combined with the Uberfall, it makes for a great alpha. Then as room becomes available. (Usually the uber and the sin eater go down) i move the TMs into group 1 and go to town with them. It's a super fun list to play. And the option to duo them is great if the board allows them to be close together.

[​IMG] Fire Fight
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] SIN-EATER HMG / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 33)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] BAKUNIN ÜBERFALLKOMMANDO undefined. (0 | 22) [​IMG]
    [​IMG] CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Viral CCW. (0 | 20) [​IMG]
    [​IMG] x2 PUPNIK DA CCW. (0 | 2)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#8 Tmist, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    DukeofEarl likes this.
  9. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

I'd been considering something similar - after all, if the Chimera isn't down, things are probably going well enough that the Taskmasters can continue their card game for another round...

Tmist likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation