1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A start with Nomads

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Nibbs543, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

Hi everyone,

Been contemplating starting a Nomad army, but didnt know where or who to start with. (Tunguska, Bakunin or Corregidor )

I've been checking out all the starter sets (which hasn't helped, as all Infinity models are great ). However the 300pt Corregidor box set has caught my attention, but being still quite new to Infinity, I don't know what this would be like as a starting point.

Any tips or advice greatly accepted!

Cheers

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

The 300 point Corregidor box is unfortunately not great. It's definitely a collection of things every Corregidor player should have, but it has several issues, like the fact that you will probably never run more than 2 Tomcats.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

300 Correg box doesn't work well by itsself. It's probably not worth buying unless you want to play a Brigada link.

Depending on which Core link(s) you want to start with buying is different. Which interest you?

edit: the options are Alguaciles, Wildcats, Mobile Brigada, or Senor Massacre with Jaguars.

Keyrott likes this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If you haven't played Infinity before, start with the vanilla starter box plus the nomad part of the Beyond Icestorm Box, cause you have many different units to test the game.

Infinity has on the beginning a steep learning curve and with the time, you can make better decisions what you want and need.
    Fireteams are too complex for the beginning, so take no sectorial.

5. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

Okay cool, thanks for the advice!

6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, like @Ben Kenobi said, better to start with the vanilla starter box ( Or I'd say, better yet, the Nomads half of the Operation: Icestorm box, since it's basically the starter plus a Reverend Healer. ) and the Beyond Operation: Icestorm box. Pretty neat that all that stuff out of the box already makes a 300 points single combat group Vanilla list too!

Nibbs543 likes this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I started with a sectorial and just didn't use the link.

8. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Personally I love brigada links (admittedly more in StarCo than Corregidor) but I can see why some would be hesitant to take them

I will echo the starter + beyond being the best way to start. Sectorials and their links are great, but Vanilla's flexibility is best for starting out

Keyrott likes this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It sets you up for Corregidor anyways, so it leaves the option open. It makes it easier to expand with Alguaciles SWC box for Alguaciles Core or 300 points box for Brigada.

10. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

There are many useful options in Nomads.

To make an efficient start, go with the Bakunin starter (there you have the first Morlock for your Beyond Intruder) and Beyond box for fun.

Add:
    - Moderator SWC Box (some more cheerleaders)
    - Salyuts (cheap orders)
    - Zonds (TR and Flash Pulse)
    - Intruder HMG (the beast)
    - Morlocks and/or Jaguars (more smoke for your Intruders)
    - Support Pack (as usual)
    - Interventors (best hackers)
    - Zoe & Pi-Well (most efficient unit)

After that... take everything else in the long run like I did and own all of the shiny Bromads stuff. :)

xagroth and Nibbs543 like this.
  11. Ben Kenobi

You are totally right with your further purchase, but for a beginner, all of these is 2 steps ahead.

Bye the way, you missed the Zeros and Bandits :grimacing::wink:

12. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Zeros and Bandits are a further step. Playing well with camouflaged units is not that easy as it might seem. I would advice a beginner to take Morans. They are way easier to handle and give great utility.

13. Ben Kenobi

Further than smoke + intruder? :wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation