1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Pierzasty, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

• Smoke-related: If I attack a character I have LOS to but who doesn't have LOS to me (say, smoke+MSV combo), they can defend with full force, entire dice pool and everything, right? The only advantage I get in that situation is that they can't use their *s to wound me?

• Can anything save a character from a successful AMPUTATE except EPIC REGENERATION or PAIN SUPPRESSANTS with subsequent state removal?

• WIIILMAAA!!! can throw Obstacles and has a special provision for "if the Obstacle is a Barrier". Are there any Obstacles that aren't Barriers? Or is that something for future expansions that might introduce them?

• Why isn't the Silenced state in the States PDF nor in the Rules Reference?

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

The idea is that you play Pain Supressants during your Activation, entering a Scoring Zone. Gata will be inmortal until the end of the Round, 'cos every Damage suffered will be turn into Poisoned. When the current Round ends (and Gata scores), Gata will remain with all the Poisoned tokens on her. If an Ally -like Parvati- activates before her, she could Reset her from all Poisoned. Also, it could happen that an Enemy activates first i.e.: Dart, and kill Gata. Or maybe you don't have a Parvati in your team, neither Laxmee, Mendoza, etc... Then, Gata will activate and in the end of this 'second' Activation... will suffer the Poisoned and die (if she got 2+ of them).

Exactly. If the Defender has no LoS when the Attack is declared, they won't be able to use their :2: to make Damage to you.

Adamantine (if Maximus is the Target) or Blinding Light (if Shona is Taunted).

There'll be. This year. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Because we have to add it to them, but there are things with higher priority. I'm noting down to remind.

:wink:

volgo, Croepoek and Pierzasty like this.
  3. Pierzasty

Thanks for the quick and useful answers!
    I totally forgot about the Suppressants+Reset interaction.
    As for Dart, wouldn't turning the Poison tokens into wounds just turn them into additional Poison tokens because of the Suppressants?

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I was thinking in Human Fate, I'm sorry. I meant Eclypse.

Thanks to you!

5. Pierzasty

The effects that flip status tokens? But that would turn the Poison tokens into wounds, and those wounds would turn into more Poison tokens because of Suppressants, which would effectively result in no change. Or am I reading something wrong?

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Not, because Pain Supressants finish their Effects at the end of the Round. When the next Round start Gata is vulnerable again (and it is when I'm telling you what if Eclypse activates first and so...)

7. Pierzasty

I still don't understand. Here's how I see it, broken down as much as I can:

Situation #1:
    Gata plays Pain Suppressants
    Gata receives 10 wound tokens, limited to 2 because she can't suffer more damage than she has Health
    The 2 wound tokens immediately turn into Poison tokens because of Suppressants
    End of Gata's activation - States step
    Poison tokens flip to blue side, turning into Wounds and get removed, as per the wording on the updated Poison status card
    Wounds immediately turn into Poison tokens because of Suppressants
    Friendly Eclypse activates in the same round, uses Moon Cycle or Polarization to flip Gata's Poison tokens
    Poison tokens flip to blue side, turning into Wounds and get removed
    The Wounds from flipped Poison tokens immediately turn into Poison tokens because of Suppressants

Result: same situation, Eclypse's skill/card is effectively wasted.

Situation #2
    Gata plays Pain Suppressants
    Gata receives 10 wound tokens, limited to 2 because she can't suffer more damage than she has Health
    The 2 wound tokens immediately turn into Poison tokens because of Suppressants
    End of Gata's activation - States step
    Poison tokens flip to blue side, turning into Wounds and get removed, as per the wording on the updated Poison status card
    Wounds immediately turn into Poison tokens because of Suppressants
    Round ends, so do Pain Suppressants
    Enemy Eclypse activates, uses Moon Cycle or Polarization to flip Gata's Poison tokens
    Poison tokens flip to blue side, turning into Wounds
    Gata has max Wounds

Result: One dead cat, unless she's got some way to instaheal (impossible for Gata IIRC?) or cancel Eclypse's skill/card.

Are you talking about situation #2, offensive flipping? Because I was thinking of #1 and couldn't see how you'd get it to stick, unless I'm still missing some stuff.

BTW, am I limiting the damage correctly here? Or would she actually suffer 10 Poison tokens in the above situations?

8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

My brake down:

Situation #1
    1. Gata activates.
    2. Gata plays Pain Suppressants.
    3. Gata Attacks Wild Bill with Contender and is going to receive 10:4:, so she is imposed 10:D: instead.
    4. Gata's Actions Step ends.
    5. During States Step, the 10:D: flip to blue side. Gata is going to receive 10:4:, but, Supressants turn these :4: into new 10:D: again.
    6. Gata's Activation ends.
    7. End of the Round's Turns Phase.
    8. Objectives Phase. Gata scores.
    9. End of Objectives Phase.
    10. Recovery Phase - Terminate Effects. Pain Supressants' Effects end.
    11. Current Round ends
    12. New Round.
    13. Eclypse activates first -> Moon Cycle on Gata -> Gata's dead.
    Common situation:
    1. Gata activates.
    2. Gata plays Pain Suppressants.
    3. Gata's Activation ends.
    4. Any Enemy Character activates who attacks Gata will add more :D: on her but they can't hurt her.
    5. End of the Round's Turns Phase.
    6. Objectives Phase. Gata scores.
    7. End of Objectives Phase.
    8. Recovery Phase - Terminate Effects. Pain Supressants' Effects end.
    9. Current Round ends
    10. New Round.
    Options:
    • Eclypse activates first -> Moon Cycle on Gata -> Gata's dead.
    • Dart activates first -> Dendronanoids -> Gata dies.
    • Ally Parvati activates first -> Reset on Gata -> All :D: are removed.
    • Gata activates first -> at the end of her Activation dies.
    • Gata activates first -> Move adjacent to Ally Maximus -> Behind Me! -> Maximus suffer the :4:Damage from Gata's :D:
    • Major Lunah activates first -> Called Shot -> Gata dies.
    • Massacre activates first and plays "Es Hora de Armar el Bonche!" and perform Tangana to jump adjacent to her. If he's an Enemy may attack her also.
    • And so on...
    Hope this helps you.

9. Pierzasty

Ah OK, I was talking about ways to save Gata from the poison, you were talking about ways to ensure the kill. You described the situation #2, btw :P

I did learn that Gata can actually get more Poison tokens in one pain-suppressed attack than she has Health. It's because the Wounds don't turn into Poisons, but she receives Poison tokens directly instead, and Poison tokens don't have a limit, right?

10. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

There's no limit to Poisoned tokens. Exactly.

11. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Hi V, Major Lunah attacks enemy with Marked state. Enemy doesn't see her, she is adjacent to blocked space. Will she has black die for Cover that she can transform to Orange die? I think no because is Cover rule in Wiki, but l'm not sure.

12. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

You only obtain cover when a blocked space adjacent to you is causing the target to have a partially blocked LoS. Emphasis mine. In this case the enemy doesn't have LoS whatsoever, so Lunah wouldn't gain any Cover.

tl;dr: I agree with you.

krotos likes this.
  13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

As Enemy is not tracing any LoS to Major Lunah, she cannot gain any Cover. Cover is calculated if there's LoS.

volgo likes this.
  14. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you. So, if defender is dazzled, stays in smoke(attacker is Koxmo or Bixie), or Attacker has Hidden, attacker will not receive black die for Cover? bad for Dart:(

15. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

In those cases Attacker gains advantage on not receiving :2: from Defender.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation