1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

A bunch of my Haqqislam terrain from Plast Craft got really warped.

Discussion in 'Plast Craft Games' started by EccentricOwl, Aug 10, 2019.

1. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Active Member
    Warcor

I think I left it in the car, or the heat got to it, or - well, I'm not really sure. But I have a decent amount of stuff from Plast Craft and now it's all fairly warped and bent.

Anyone have recommendations on how to bend it back into shape, or am I out of luck? :/

2. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Heat with a hair dryer or soak in a bath of very hot water. Once softened, lay the parts flat, then stack something on them to hold them flat, a baking sheet should do the trick. Then let them cool completely. That 's how I would approach it.

3. EccentricOwl

Warcor

Hair dryer didn't work, and I don't know if I could get the water hot enough. Maybe I just wasn't hair drying for long enough. Unsure.

I'll keep at it.

4. EccentricOwl

Warcor

The warping is... not great

Attached Files:

5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

... and this is one of the reasons I glue my plastcraft stuff down to a base (of mdf).
    It makes it harder for the thing to warp and lift corners - but I also don't leave it in the car because I know how hot they get here, EVEN in winter.

If the hair-drier doesn't work, a heatgun on low held at LEAST a foot away and waved over it should be enough to soften it back to reshape it.