1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/144 Models & TAG scale

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Space Ranger, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a size comparison of 1/144 scale models, gundam or other, vs TAGs? I'm thinking of getting one for weapons and heads to convert my Guijia TAG but don't want i looking too wonky.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Gundams, even the 1:144 scale ones, are significantly bigger than TAGs.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  3. Cac O'Daemon

Cac O'Daemon Member

I know it's an older TAG, but this is the best I can do on short notice. The big fella on the right is a 1/144th high grade (Turn A Gundam), the smaller ones are Assault Kingdom figures (A Kampfer and a Zaku II) which I included as they are a closer fit. Comp.jpg

Usashi, Space Ranger and toadchild like this.
  4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

The issue is that you're aiming to add to the Guijia, which is not a "proper size" TAG, but a mini one. Full sized TAGs can get away with some weapon or part switches (and can benefit from the fact that they sell standalone weapon packs, you can get just the guns), but the Guijia is just too small for this.
    I do believe even the Guijia can benefit from stuff from that part of the modeling world, but you'd have to look. I'll see if i can ask some buddies that are heavily into gunpla and see if they have some ideas.

5. Space Ranger

Thanks @Cac O'Daemon! The main thing I wanted to do was change out the overly huge gun on the old Guijia. The Zaku has a pretty good one and the 1/144 scale looks almost the same size unfortunately :(

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That Zaku is smaller than a "proper" 1/144 kit, however.

7. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Something smaller than an old Guijia's gun?

Have you looked at Maxmini, Kromlech, or Anvil Industries for their 40k bits? Just be advised that it will be a pain in the butt to cut off the big gun.

jherazob likes this.
  9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I removed the big gun from old fatboy guijia and it really wasn't much more than "clippers to the fore" and "yoinks, away" - but I had no interest in PRESERVING that which I was removing. If you want to KEEP that bit, then yes, removal can be a PITA.

That said, I removed the new version's gun from its back mounting hoop and made it hand-held (so I had to carve a new back-hoop to replace the bit that is PART OF THE GUN. Unless you know what you are looking for, you'd probably miss it (it's not a perfect replacement, but it's close enough to pass casual inspection).

10. Space Ranger

Thanks guys @chromedog @Section9 @DustGod . I'll look into all of this. I've been re-purposing all of my old YJ for Ikari and want something that looks more like Scarface's Mk12s.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

In that case, try Anvil Industries 'Negotiator' anti-materiel rifle.

[​IMG]

Size comparison image from Anvil:
    [​IMG]

Space Ranger and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation