1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

limited insertion and without specops C&P SSA

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Pictures, May 21, 2018.

1. Pictures

Pictures Active Member

good afternoon

Greetings to all from Venezuela! I am writing for the following, I am going to play a game of "Capture and Protect" as part of the League here in my country and I do not have a list for the SSA
    It is limited insertion and without specops

[​IMG] Falange de Acero
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] AQUILES Teniente Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistola, Arma CC EXP. (2.5 | 75)
    [​IMG] MACAÓN Fusil Combi, Nanopulser, Granadas Eclipse / Pistola, Arma CC DA. (0.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] ÁYAX 2 Fusiles Combi, Nanopulser / Pistola Pesada AP, Arma CC EXP. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] MIRMIDÓN Fusil Combi, Nanopulser, Granadas de Humo / Pistola, Arma CC AP. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] OFICIAL MIRMIDÓN (Cadena de Mando) Escopeta de Abordaje, Nanopulser, Granadas Eclipse / Pistola, Arma CC AP. (1 | 35)
    [​IMG] SGTO. TRASIMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarca) Subfusil, Lanzacohetes Lig. Nanopulser, Granadas Flash / Pistola, Arma CC Shock. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Sanitario (Medikit, Visor 360º) Subfusil, Chain Rifle / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Ingeniero Fusil Combi, Nanopulser, Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Ametralladora, Nanopulser / Pistola, Cuchillo. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] NETROD Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 4)

6 CAP | 300 Puntos

Abrir en Infinity Army

#1 Pictures, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

My thought is, that Achilles is wasted in Steel Phalanx. A myrmidon link team, does similar, while providing more orders and more utility. Example :

One BS Officer + Spitfire Myrmidon + Chain Rifle Myrmidon @ 82 (2) points. Gives you B2 Smoke/Eclipse, a spitfire, and the ability to push buttons for only 7 points more, one less SWC, 2 extra orders, and they're immune to hacking.

My second comment is, that your myrmidon link lacks anything, that can hit beyond 16". Sure, they can cover their advance via smoke, but not having anything longer ranged, doesn't make use of your ODD.

And third, you've got tons of smoke, but no MSV2. I run so myself, so I wouldn't call this a big mistake, but the smoke + MSV2 trick is amazing, and you haven't got much to combat camo/ODD.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Achilles can reach, however, the target in Capture and Protect very easily and get back, thanks to his 15-10 (6-4) MOV. I would use, however, the V2 option with Multi Rifle, since he will get close and personal and risks MSV's and Flamethrowers.
    That being said, Patroclus is a cheaper, if much more fragile, option. Or an Ekdromoi, 20 points of goodness.

In short, Capture and Protect is, this season, a Direct Action mission, since the consoles were removed to give points to the Datatracker mechanic.

I agree to an extent here, I'm quite happy with an Agema Mk12, he's cheaper in SWC and points than a Spitfire Deva but has more range and better BS in exchange for no NWI (so it requires a close healer). The problem is that Achilles eats a lot of points, so the idea would be changing him and the Netrod for an Agema and a Dactyl medic, at which point it might be interesting to change the Thorakitai for another Myrmidon Link.

regelridderen likes this.
  4. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

True, Achilles is fast. And yeah, the V2 option will do something that Myrmidons can’t via ARM6.

5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

You need good defenses for this and best options are drakios and total reaction bot. They'll bleed opponent orders on capturing yours and you should be able to smoke n shoot a myrm team up the board to grab theirs but you'll need a big gun in there, preferably the hrl of phoenix. Penny isn't a bad option in limited insertion as she's extremely quick and has optional impetuous order to use as well, she'll face less AROs on a limited insertion game and will be more safe to push a flank or last turn mad-dash for the beacon

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation