1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give life to mk2 hacker lhost: advice needed

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Saxcloud, May 17, 2018.

1. Saxcloud

Saxcloud New Member

Hello everyone, long time passed bit finally i got more aleph pieces, more specifically chandra spec ops And g1 proxy box, so i can build a mk2 hacker ! But, the problem is the weapon.
    I use the body of the mk1 proxy, And the head of chandra spec ops with a mask, very similar to mk2 sniper head. But for the boarding shotgun.... The arm of mk 1
    Holding the combi is very difficult to cut,
    So i came up with a few solution...
    1 cut the combi And the shotgun in half And swap the two halves. Or, simplier....
    2 having bought also the SP 300 box, use the myrm officier arm with the BS, but leaving the combi arm to the officier... Any advice? Anyone else tried changing weapons on models?

2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I have used a jewler's saw, which you can purchase for $10-20 to make cuts that are very close as the trigger mechanism tends to look very similar on weapons across a faction. This will file away a decent portion of the model, so you may not be able to salvage the other side. Then I use green stuff to make the gap flush with the rest of the model.

I have also used clippers and a file to do approximately the same thing. Either way works, the important thing is to make sure that you are making a cut that you can connect on both ends for the final product.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I use the Dasyu hacker model, she is nice enough and despite carrying a Combi, I like her more than the fetish lady from the box XD

(to be sincere, unless you need the mk3 Proxy you can skip the box1 of Posthumans entirely... lots of options for the mk1, lots of options for the mk2).

Arlic likes this.
  4. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I used Lasiqs (since I love those models) and made conversion to make them into Proxy Mk.V (before there was a model) and Proxy Mk.II (long time ago).

Mark II is on the right. proxy.mkV.p03.jpg

5. herrkellen

herrkellen New Member

Good advice for conversions. I will try a head swap and repose the dasyo combi. Goos luck to Saxcloud. Looking forward to pics. I will post mine.

/Johan

6. Saxcloud

Saxcloud New Member

7. Saxcloud

Saxcloud New Member

These are the final pieces . i choose to cut the fronte 1cm of the gun And swap them, with a diagonale cut. I' LL keep updated the work

tdc likes this.
  8. Saxcloud

Saxcloud New Member

IMG_20180522_235709.jpg IMG_20180522_235556.jpg assembled! Little work to do: filling gaps with GS!

xagroth likes this.
  9. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

I converted my Mk2 Sniper into the Hacker by swapping in the BSG arm from the classic (read: dated) female Bashi Bazouk, after shaving off the hand on the foregrip, back when those older sculpts were in clearance bins (so only cost me $5 AUD). Looks legit AF.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation