1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC Character Mercs

Discussion in 'General' started by McNamara, Mar 6, 2018.

1. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I just noticed that every new NA army has access to one of the CC Mercs: Druze+Saito, Ikari+Yojimbo and StarCo+Massacre.
    JSA of course has a bunch of them already plus Musashi of course.

Not sure if that really speaks something about the faction itself but I guess you could read a little into it if you want and it's probably played at least a tiny role when designing them.

Edit:
    I guess there is actually a Merc Company's for Kaplan missing? Maybe they get Musashi then? Or McMurrough?
    And what about Sforca? Shouldn't he show up somewhere too?

#1 McNamara, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It's quite likely more NA2 stuff will appear in future. After all, Ikari, Star Co, and Druze are "understudy" NA2 armies of the larger YuJing, Nomad, and Haqqislam factions to an extent. PanO, Ariadna, and ALEPH may get one, as may the Aliens, but in their case it may make less sense...

...Well, there's one "sensible" thing from CA that could be an NA2 at least.

Also, AFAIK Kaplan are kinda a Qapu Kaliqi unit just now, in that QK are the mercs/PMCs of Haqqislam's sultans and Druze are really more the organised crime group. They might also fit into groups like the Ramah Task Force.

3. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Originally they had Druze, Star and Beyhan as the Merc Companies though. So now that we got 2 of them the question of the third one does rise. It did strike me a little bit as the good, the bad and the ugly, but now with Ikari as the super bad, IDK.

4. dulydude

dulydude Active Lurker

Sorry for now going off topic...but Exrah for CA's NA2 faction?!! hahaha

DFW Ike, Golem2God and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Druze are basicly militarized mafia families, yeah. DBS is just one druze faction.

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a corporate merc NA2 force, mind. We have StarCo who are rough, tough, professional interstellar soldiers, we have Ikari Company who are basically a despoil and burn force for straight up massacres, and we have Druze Bahram who are for ruthless types that want to strike fear into their enemies, but what if you want to join a slick, corporate outfit with big bonuses, penthouse suites, office parties and 80's fashion?

I'm thinking like, KTS as your core elite unit, Brawlers as they're essentially ubiquitous, Fusiliers as line troops, CSUs, PanO REMs, Spektrs, , ORC troops for HI fire support... neat, clean and tidy professionals, everyone owns a tailored suit, everyone gets paid, everyone has a nice place on Neoterra overlooking the beach and you get the most discreet, elite force going!

7. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

+10000
    Yes Please ! My dream list for Infinity since forever !!

DFW Ike and Danger Rose like this.
  8. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

NeoTerra SecuCorp?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

More like Moto.Tronica SecuCorp.

Or what was the name of the evil PanO Corporation again?

10. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Magna Obra

McNamara likes this.
  11. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Druze used to have their own REGIMENT in the Israeli Defence Force, so it makes sense for them to get their own "army".
    (It was disbanded in 2014, because most Druze youth preferred to join the regular IDF than go into their own "special" regt.)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Zinho

Zinho Active Member

I'm a big KTS and CSU fan, really like their concepts and I'm sticking to QK just to use my kaplan. I'm also a PanO player, so this faction would be perfect!

13. Vain

Vain Active Member

Throwing my support in for a SecuCorp of some kind, professional security with a focus on more protection than destruction.
    KTS with their ADH is a perfect fit, CSU for roving troubleshooters, PeaceCorp Fusiliers as well, it all makes sense to me.

Golem2God and McNamara like this.
  14. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

If I recall Kaplans are their own full merc company. But I don't see them getting a list and remaining unique to QK

The other two big merc factions are the Foriegn Company and White Star if I recall correctly.

Also Raoul Spector is a pretty good CC character. CC22 and NBW are still pretty potent. And that EM/2 CCW packs quite a wallop.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Is the Foreign Company some different then White Star? I was under the impression hey arethesame, but I haven't read the book yet.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

IIRC, KTS is pretty much made up entirely of Kaplans because its a unit that does everything, it kinda supports itself.

17. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

KTS does need its own NA2 Sectorial though. They count as Mercs and are not allowed to link with Hafzas in Qapu. If they only exist in Qapu, that restriction should be lifted (Not that they need it, but still)

Golem2God, McNamara and Balewolf like this.
  18. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

The Kaplans of the "Turkish Wolves Clan" and the "Talons" of Overwatch Videogame share some similarities of Design and even Background (even if the Evilness of Talons is more on par with the DRUZES typical Modus Operandi !!). . .

The need to be spiced up a little with some Special Characters:

1°) "Brainwashed Sniper Riflewoman" with Toxic Gas Grenades and Climbing Plus ("Widowmaker"). . .

2°) "Mysterious Stealth Operative" with Dual Light Shotguns and exceedingly good T.O. Camo "Linked" to Shadow-Smoke Grenades, almost "Teleporting" around the battlefield, and able to "Regenerate" by stealing the "Lifeforce" of fllen foes, with a sort of "Limited Shaasvastii Protheion" ("Reaper"). . .

3°) Quixotic "Free Spirited Hacker" with very nasty Oblivion-Level Attack Softwares and some good riddance with S.M.G. / Assault Pistols ("Sombra"). . .

4°) Total Assault "Berserker Frontline Bull" with an oversized Cybernetic arm and Bionic Subdermal Armour ("Doomfist"). . .

5°) Devious "Combat Paramedic" with Limited "Bamf!" Stealth-Teleport Defence, Stun Weaponry and even more "Life Stealing" levels of Protheion ("Moira"). . .

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation