1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vido Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by maru, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well, the emphasis is put on melee mostly (unless obviously you play as a mage).

2. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Barrogh likes this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Oh man, Battletech went from great to amazing when I realised I could jump jet my heavies onto enemy lights and goomba stomp them.

4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It was even more funny in old games when it didn't matter what was your or enemy mech, relatively or otherwise.

Flipswitch likes this.
  5. Flipswitch

Battletech fucking owns.

xagroth likes this.
  6. Barrogh

I try stuff with Opus Magnum these days.
    I'm not sure what's up, but it's like every second game I play this year or so tries to tell me that I'm dumb.

7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

8. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Battletech sadly ran on my system like a walrus with a peg leg. In wobbly spurts, occasionally falling flat on it's face. So I went back to XCOM till it is patched properly.

xagroth likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Patched, sadly if I installed from GOG.com I need to install Galaxy too for the update... Improvements noticed: I no longer take eons to save a game. Everything else... keeps happening. Fortunately I already ended the campaign, but I'm kinda pissed: I was told I should be ready to field multiple lances before assaulting Corodomir, yet that didn't happened... So I made my upkeep over a million per month for nothing, and spend a whole week grinding XP for new hirelings to have a competent set of 12 mechwarriors for nothing, I still deploy only 4 mechs... sigh.
    And I got 2 hard crashes on the second-to-last mission. Being able to keep playing after the end is kinda interesting, though, but... meh.

Rizzy likes this.
  10. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Yes, saving also takes me ages. I'm only a few missions in, but I get crashes on loading missions and often when one of my Mechs fires the game hiccups for a few seconds and only then is the firing animation displayed. Supremely weird is that this only seems to happen on player turns.

xagroth likes this.
  11. maru

maru Well-Known Member

So i was siting on butt braging with a frend and we caind of decide to list a good games we remember ... and after 10th it stuck me .... they all came around 2004 r and they all are consider a big step up "a game of a decade" sold today in various forms - so let me just write a couple
    Half Life 2 - i do not think i need to write enything about it - just mention it get last year an official update graphic.
    GTA : San Andreas - the music, the feel .. i do not thing other ones menage to grasp this magic
    Halo 2 - everything in hallo just a bit more
    Splinter Cell :Pandora Tomorow - one of best Splinter cells
    World of Warcraft - H8 this time sink ....
    Unreal Turnament 2004 - this game looks better and plays beter then som of the shooters today ... and this is sad
    Rome :Total War - one that create later milking cow (never less i was always more to Shogun series as they tend to screw up less in develop process)
    NFS : Underground 2 - in my book best NFS they made to this day , maybe graphic do not stand today lvl but gamplay beats newer incarnation (ok maybe Carbon is on even .. but it is like Underground 2.5 )
    Chronicles of Ridick - escape from buthchers Bey - if you have not pleyd this you have no idea what you missing - and ther is a remaster somwer around
    Far Cry - this was a shock for players and for PC .. first ok underground lvl then you enter green island and fps drops to 5 per secound or less .. XD - a monster and this game looks good even today
    Kotor 2 - o my god this game is modded to this day and is a blast
    Painkiller - insanly entertaining shooter
    PoP: Warior Within - in my book is best of POP trilogy with interesting art direction puzzles combat and Goodsmack ost
    Vampire the masquarade: Blood lines - flawed Gem game moded and stabilized and recovered to this day - if this game comes out in a state is now back in 2004 it would be one of the most influential game - but sadly it was rushed and relice bugged beyond sence
    Medal of honor :pacyfic assault / Killzone
    Counter strike :Source - om g the plague ;)
    Blood Ryne 2 - just silly but fun game .. and franchize go later in awkward way ..
    Syberia 2 - one of best from Sokal adventure games
    Star wars Battle front - the oryginal one (the good one )
    Wh 40k Down of war - om y .... lets pretend a nr 3 never happend
    Sims 2 - never like thous but canot denay the fenomena
    Fable - first one that was actualy good game
    Silent Hill 4 :the room - im not gona write aboutthis game :P
    Doom 3 - meh but it stays in memory
    Thief Deadly shadows .. one of best stealth games to this day ... (it is sad that this old game is one of bests )
    Manhunt - yup stais in memory
    Hitman :Concracts
    and Mafia - the first one

so as you c .. 2004 was SOMETHING
    will look in to this a bit more and c if i can dig up other "key " year in game development ;)

Barrogh and Belgrim like this.
  12. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

@maru remove hitman contracts and it’s perfect.

:edit: and replace it with silent assassin. Also add red alert 2 just because it’s one of the best games ever made.

13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

can not Hitman Silent Assasin is from 2002 and Red alert is 2000
    thous above are only games from 2004
    but fear no bear i dwelw a bit deep in to the topic and you will get a 2000 game revolution folowed by 2001 to 2003 sequelatis or rip off from other games (that give birth to other not conected franchises - im looking at you blizzard ;) ) - give ma a n 1 h and i will present a fewe things :)

Belgrim likes this.
  14. maru

maru Well-Known Member

So i menage to find another breake thru moment it is about 1995 ~96 a big fall of adventure games point and click godes in favor of 3D graphic a "real 3d " not sprites faking 3D
    the Adventure games Era is another topic they rise and fall and recent resurface in indi area
    but lets look at 1996
    and start just casualy with:
    QUAKE - yes 96 is a year when Quake enters the area and with Lovecraftian themes shook the scene .. so mutch that even feve years leater Sprite baser FPS still hold well until Half life shows up but yes 96 is a Quake :)
    Elders Scrolls Buggerfal - o my this was something insane ... a lof ppl never menage to get out of first dungeon to open area and ppl that finished this game is even less (never menage this task .. and im not gona try )
    Blood Omen Legalcy of Kain - a game that begin epic time traveling vampire saga
    Civilization 2 - same idea as first part just better ... a thing that dont actualy go that well in next iteration of game wher advenced Ai gotr peplaced by cheting Ai ...
    Toomb Raider - my god first one this game was mind blowing and if you got Voodo actelerator - o my ;)
    Resident Evill - a game rebuted remastered and first survival horror
    Warcraft 2 - nothing to add ;)
    Diablo ..... yes 1996 ....
    Command And Conquer Red ALERT - first one
    Star wars Shadow of the empire - a god SW game - yes i know a time of legends when SW = quality
    Crash Bandikoot - o this is interesting as this is a mark of consol mascots war :) - another interesting topic
    Gabriel Knight - Beast within - this game got 3 Remasters to this day .. this must mean something .. a father of Gabriel knight saga and a other adventure games tat surface after fall of clasic Sierra ones
    Harvester - o my a consequence of strange trend in adventure games they even resurest this in recent Tex murphy game
    Duke Nukem 3D - no wory do not forget about the Duke - but just look how strange it looks that legend like Duke got reliced in same year as Quake and Toomb rider
    Never hood - a strange mix of game move ad a putty i do not thing any enage to replicate this
    Mortal Kombat trilogy - ye a 2D game in same year as Teken 2
    o and it is a Year of first Team Fortres based on Quake engine
    and Pantasmagoria and Final Doom
    - as you c 1996 was a year of contrast - best from past and strong emerging of 3D games
    now a 1997
    this year contains some of my favorite games !
    not to revolutionary but :
    Castelvania Symphony of the night : o my this game .. to this day they make games inomage to this particular part of Castelvania .... a game that half of gamers never found that ther is another half of the game after game ends ! - this was mind blowing whole reversed castle thing i (and i caind of think that Whole Dark Souls thingi borowed hevly from this particular game )
    ok lets start seriously :
    Fallout - the one and orginal not the BS that bethesda recently made of franchise
    FFVII - a legend and first 3D FF game - yup 1996 was a first 3D brake thru
    Golden Eye 007 - a console plague - never like it but on console this was a thing and ther was nothing better
    Blade Runner - yes her comes one of my Fav games ever (ok FF7 is ther to :P) this require a separate topic .
    Curse of the monkey island - another legend remastered twice one recently like a year or two ago
    GTA - first one - i never like this game but it became a phenomena
    Carrmagedon - not mutch to add .. i spend to mutch time plaing this crap :)
    Quake 2 - a preffered by me part of game it was soo good and With Voodo is was even better .. and damn OST was amazing
    Blood - a gem in dust relict of Sprite era never les sa legend
    Dungeon Keeper !! - debates to this day is DK 1 better then 2 in my book part 2 is better but it was this one that ppl remember
    Star wars Dark forces - again a SW game = quality
    Total Anihilation - one of a caing game
    Toomb Raider 2 - a fast brab on on popularity of first one never less it was huge step forward comparing graphic from 96 to 97 it is visible how fast was progress there
    MDK - this was one of thous game that was an experiment not encountered in this days :(
    o and almost forgot Age of Empires - this game got so much remasters ;)
    Broken Sworld - yup a thing that benefits from Gabriel Knight thingi :)
    and ther was plenty og part 2 of 96 games .. not mutch to add
    compared to 96 97 was empty yet it comes with at lest 3 diamonds som of them benefiting from recent 3D and other stuck in "old ways "

1998 .. um ?
    Thif Dark project
    Shogo - this was a light tech engine game got plenty of fun with it and game saw unjust as hell XD but huge mechas helped a lot :)
    Starcraft - it is this moment when evry body figured outthat Blizzard make same game over and over again and steal other ideas and just make them polished ;)
    Fallout 2 - dont know if i prefere fist or secound to this day
    Metal gear solid - the first 3D one - i think is best Kojima game
    Comandos and Descent free space
    beside this we get part 2 of almous all games from previou 2 years and some times part 3 - this was year of Sequels

1999 - this year got some good games like lurking just before what hapend in 2000 ;)
    Home world - a space strategy in 3D by Relict ent
    Shadow Man - it is based on Comix !
    AVP - first one ! and a good one
    CnC Tiberian Sun - first one of this sub series
    GTA 2 - same top down as first part - this game was adicting as hell and horible XD
    System shock 2 ! - no Bioshock or System shock without this game
    Freespace 2 - evrything that in part 1 just better .. just like nomans sky just way better
    Legalcy of Kain Soul Rever - Yes :) - first game with dynamic morfing object
    Heroes of M&M 3 - fooking legend i dont know if any later part menage to reach this game quality
    Baldurs Foking Gate - this blown away rpg games of this era and open whide gates for new RpG games
    Unreal Turnament - i spnd to mutch time gaming in this ;)
    FF8 - yup next FF game - good but not as game braking as FF7 was
    Dark Stone - a "Diablo clone in 3D " - this game got good ost and will become a source from whom othrt game developers will rip of ideas
    Revenant - another Diablo inspired game that will be again a source of ideas for later games
    so again some diamonds and a lot of dust and sequesl i don't even bother to count - they just cut out cupons from last 3 years but ye baldurs gate and FF8 and System shock

2000 ... you know what comming don't ya ??
    Metal Gear Solid - this time on PC - and is damn amazing
    Ice Wind Dale - this game is good even today
    Red Alert 2 - you know when good things come they will flow like a river :)
    Deus Ex - the one and only legend of a game
    Counter strike 1.0 .. on lan .. my god this game was something and it socialase ppl in internet caffe
    Torment - a thing that Baldur gate allow to be crated - it is best book you will play - just amazing
    Baldurs Gate 2 ... not much to add amazing game
    Diablo 2 ..... i spend to much time plaing this game
    The Sims - the one orginal sims
    Hitman codname 47 - good not best but good
    escape from monkey island
    Soldier of fortune - first game with srea based demage considered norm today - but before ther was no reason to head shot any enemy
    American Mc Gee Alice - gem in a dust or rather coal crazy idea hinder by tech limitacion
    NOLF - what better then James bond ? - female bond :) in a style of funnk
    a and a Thief 2
    Shogun Total war - in a times when Total war = quality .. ye i know it was ages ago in other life and dimension
    o and plenty of cutingoff cupons from existing brands

ok thats for now
    you can c that fater a broke thru in 1996 we got a new wave then stagnation and sequelatis and 2000 is a another peek not at new tech or idea but at quality a 3D got "mastered" a new Rpg engine got polished almost completly are gone sprite based games in favor of 3D or 3d generated and then put in 2d enviroment
    2001 will bring some good games and even some amazing (im looking at you Clive barker ) but next brake thrue will arive in 2004 and from what i c things will slow down from that point or even stager we will get sequelatis not mutch new ideas and in terms of Graphic things will became sloooooow - until a big brake down in 20016 ! 17 when indi dev will emarge taking bigger and bigger chunks of market with good games cainds of refering to the era of 1996 ~2004
    will add this later

Belgrim, Pierzasty and Icchan like this.
  15. maru

maru Well-Known Member

found funny thing a Tomb Rider comparsion :

look how big jump is made from 1996 to 1997 and how same game looks beside minor tweks like a bit sharper textures and even less real Lara proportions and all same animations . A next big step is in 2003 with Angel of Darknes changing look of Lara and whole game not just textures but everything and then 2006 and 7 Legend and Aniversary - new engine new everything - you could say thous actualy look modern recent relices on hand held consoles looks about this area ... or below -__- '
    2008 underworld is mastered engine from 2006 - game looks rather good and they allow first time in history to get a Dirty Lara :)
    and in 2013 comes the reboot with all cool graphic and changes in game play - but look how mutch of erlier assets got kept from 2008 - a lot of motion captured motion rutines of Lara cones stright from Underworld ;)
    and we get a 2016 lara The rise of Plump rider .... and is same as 2013 game just with tack on dynamic light here and there - 3 years and whole progress is dingling light on lara butt ;)
    so as you may c they need 3 games to master engine and then to dump it for new one with exeption of very begining we get a 1996 first lara then they spawn a lara game evry year to 2000 - they look same it is same game made on TR 2 engine they just cut off cupons - so you may say 3 games first lara then Tr 2 year later and mastered engine in 2000 .. but it actualy look worst then 1999 XD , then comes 2003 with new engine and get master in underworld 2008 - you c how the time gaps became bigger and progress betwen them smaller ? and two last ones same engine minor tweeks - im proffeting one more on same engine "a mastered engine" in 2019 - 3 year gap
    but no worry i got one more comparsion to make - games that ware "aheade of it time " vs games that got reliced on current year - yes this will include Crysis one on PC ;) and some others

16. Flipswitch

My Quickdraw in Battletech feels cursed, it just claims pilots and sends them to the abyss. I scrape whats left out, put a new one in and they have to prepare for Flips Wild Ride.

Belgrim and xagroth like this.
  17. maru

maru Well-Known Member

W8 i miss a thing they anounce a new tomb rider on this year XD - this mean a next gen of consol upcoming in next year or two as they do not whant to be last on platform and they decide to skip a year from 3 year gap cycle

18. Flipswitch

Watching the new operators for Rainbow Six: Siege, goddamn, Alibi gets a 30 round fully auto shotgun as a defender, it blasts through walls.

19. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Now that i’m Playing battletech I remembered a game that I used to play around 2000s, I think it was called Metal Fatigue. I must have a copy of it in my HDD somewhere to this day.

20. Barrogh

Meanwhile, I have no idea how did I end up playing this F2P fest called Crossout.

Thankfully, it's not so much "Pay to win" as it is "Pay to not grind". Still, this is yet another vehicular combat game with now-ubiquitous building&crafting&stuff thingie attached. I thought I was done with this kind of stuff before when I dropped Fractured Space.

Granted, being able to play a few matches in time it takes to go through matchmaking process in FS probably helps.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation