1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laxmee...meh?

Discussion in 'Soldiers of Fortune' started by csjarrat, May 15, 2018.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Not getting much bang for my buck with this lady. She seems to spent an entire turn putting minor buffs/debuffs out but its not really getting me any work done. Every time she's been down I've been thinking I could have actually just taken someone else and had a better activation. Anyone getting good mileage out of her? What am I missing?

2. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Wait what? Everyone hates her when I played her, she is able to move a Lot, has decent Stats, great Cards and good skills, I do Love her

DeadlyOcean and Flipswitch like this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Stunning opponents can be very disabling to them. A stunned Hexxer has lost much of her power. The Tactic Atom can shut down a pumped up dice roll. Remember also that her range is not limited by LOS. Put her behind a row of obstacles (or better Blocked Spaces) to improve her survivability.

#3 Roadrunner7431, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    nehemiah likes this.
  4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I think you need to reconsider your team synergies with her if I have to be honest, especially with Wild Bill and Musashi, as they would (literally) kill for the extra focus for extra attacks, while Massacre and Lunah can use the focus to save it against disables that cripples them, like dazzle or burn the focus to improve the amount of :1: that they can remove with :3::3:.

Parvati is almost entirely unable to reset when stunned and Hexxer/Gata are surprisingly useless in the same state.

Also, her cards are amazing. Atom is a pure troll card.

5. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

The problem with Laxmee is she is very difficult to keep in the hexadome at this point in the environment. She is going to die a lot. She has the least survivability of any other aristos right now. Her utility is great, but not when she is in the infirmary.

csjarrat likes this.
  6. Roadrunner7431

Kozmo's Nebula to place smoke within :SL: 0-5 without LOS will synergize well with her. Fragile Tao Wu also has possibilities but may require great skill to play two 2 hit characters effectively.

7. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I honestly find her one of the strongest ones out there, dice manipulation is huge. She is VERY fragile, but her abilities and her cards are absolutely brutal.

dakara likes this.
  8. eronth

eronth Active Member

She's fragile, but also much easier to keep out of sight. Careful movement and thoughtful positioning are way more important for her.

9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Just remember not to focus your entire team in certain situations. :joy:

[​IMG]

k104agi and Flipswitch like this.
  10. Roadrunner7431

The addition of the expansions allowing for more Taunt, Immobilize, Focus , Stun not to mention energy states coming back from the bench and even Parvati's extra initiave would mean that when Tao Wu plays this card three or four cards will likely be discarded.

k104agi and Croepoek like this.
  11. Roadrunner7431

Point of clarification on "Fairy Dust". Yesterday I had a game where Laxmee was in play, her ally Prysm had a Focus state but was also Dazzled. Another Ally Hannibal had the activation and range and LOS to shoot any Enemy. I played the situation to use Fairy Dust to remove the Focus state on Prysm so that Dazzled on Prysm could be removed to allow her LOS to the Target and give Hannibal the extra :,:. It was Hannibal's activation but I interpreted Fairy Dust that it could work this way. Please correct me if I am wrong. Of course if Laxmee was in the Infirmary or Bench this would not work because I believe that Automatic Skills are only active when the character is in the Hexadome.

12. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I thought the implication was that the Ally removing :K:Focus state was the Active one. But looking at it again, I think you're right, otherwise it wouldn't say "any of your allies", it would just say "the ally".

13. Roadrunner7431

@treiral I perceive you as the most solidly bilingual member of this forum. Is the "any of your allies" also clear in Spanish?

14. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Yes, in spanish it is shortened and it just says "los Aliados", which literally means "the allies" as one would guess. For reference, the literal translation of "any of your allies" would be "cualquiera de tus aliados". But really, I think all four sentences carry the same meaning, which is that they are refering to all allies in your team.
    Anyway, that's just my interpretation of both sentences, in spanish and in english, but we can always wait for @-V-, or anybody from the CB staff, to clarify this issue.

15. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

I think it was eligible to remove Dazzled on Pryzm with Focus even she wasn't active. Also Fairy dust works even Lahxmee is dead. Because wiki says that automatic skills works allways even a character isn't in Hexadome.

Roadrunner7431 and treiral like this.
  16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes, at the start of any ally's Action Step, any allied Character can use Fairy Dust.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  17. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  18. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

missed opportunity on "Laxmeh?" imo

treiral likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation