1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luxumbra Daturazi

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Jashyr, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

Usashi, lefrank, Golem2God and 4 others like this.
  2. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

Very nice work!

Only thing that I would do is giving the eyes some more color, maybe some dark but noticable red or white like your inspiration.... nevertheless very good brush work

Jashyr and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

:hushed::smiley:I love this!! You have finally helped me decide on what color scheme I'm going to paint for my Morats.
    So you think the armor is a good color as well? What would be a nice secondary & third color that would go with it?

Jashyr likes this.
  4. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

Cheers Rebel. The eye colour is that wierd 'blood for the blood god' shiny red from GW. It doesn't photo well but in real life it looks really freaky.

Thanks mate! I played around with a dark turquoise and a rich purple as they were the glazes in the shadows for the skin and nmm. (I think I could have gone a bit heavier with the colours in the shadows but it was a learning experience.) A cool dark blue (my go-to is P3 coal black) goes nicely with those.

I've got to admit, the bronze is a bit vibrant and it might overpower the grey at a smaller scale but I wanted to go with the Monkey King vibe from Saryth's art for this one. Maybe go darker and more worn bronze with lots of blues in the shadows to mute it down.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

@Jashyr Good points. I'll remember to take them into account when choosing the rest of the color scheme.

Jashyr likes this.
  6. lefrank

lefrank Well-Known Member

I always asked myself if I would paint up a Morat (Krakot ...), what color scheme would I choose, because I don't like the bright red skin of the studio schene. Your approach is very interesting and inspiring. And you're right, in the smaller scale the grey could easily overpowered. Perhaps I would use a mix with rose (or a glaze with rose) in the areas around the mouth, the neck and under the arms to give it a look and feel of softer skin there. I thinks Vallejo's brown rose would be adequate.

Really nice job!

Jashyr, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  7. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

Took everyones comments on board and did a few changes. Dropped a bit more purple in the shadows to make them pop. Kept the red irises but made the schlera off white. Also dug out my brown rose and did a few touch ups on the nasal cavities and the muscle veins.

It definately makes a huge difference. Everything is just a little more intense and less bland.

[​IMG]

You guys rock!

WarHound, Usashi, volgo and 4 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

@Jashyr Thank you for taking another picture. The bust looked really nice before and with the touch ups, while subtle, are noticeable. Great job overall and if you have any other project you have completed feel free to post them on the forums. I bet they will be just as nice as this Daturazi.

9. lefrank

lefrank Well-Known Member

If there could be more than two thumbs up ... :+1::wink::+1:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation