1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me decide: 400pt, Show of Force, Limited Insertion, Soldiers of Fortune

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by AngryGorilla, May 14, 2018.

1. AngryGorilla

AngryGorilla Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for your thoughts on which list to take for an upcoming tourney. The last mission is a bit of an odd one, at least for me with Tohaa. I'm trying to decide between two lists, which both include the 'required' Gorgos.

The first boasts two heavy defensive links, and a short-ranged HI squad. The idea here is to let him come to me, under withering fire during his turn, and use my HI link during my turn to hinder his advancement, and if it comes to it, remove him once he's claiming the objective on turn 3. The symbiomates will go onto the Gorgos, Neema, and the two Ectros.

[​IMG] Come and get me
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GORGOS Squad Chaksa Peripheral A . (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] GORGOS AP Spitfire, Flammenspeer, Pulzar +1 Chaksa Peripheral A / Viral CCW. (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL A Light Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (7)
    [​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    [​IMG] ECTROS Viral Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 43)
    [​IMG] ECTROS Vulkan Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL K1 Sniper / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL K1 Sniper / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

9 SWC | 400 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The second is more of a proactive list, with my plan being to use the Rasail aggressively during my active turns to clear out as much of my opponent's backfield as possible, while using a lighter defensive link, Armand, and a Nikoul to hinder his advancement during his active turn. Neema and the E/M grenade Kotails will serve as turn three TAG removal should he make it to the objective. The Gorgos and the Rasail will get a 'mate and a 'bomb each, the Rasail's to be used offensively, and the Gorgos' to be used defensively.

[​IMG] Coming to get you
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GORGOS Squad Chaksa Peripheral A . (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] GORGOS AP Spitfire, Flammenspeer, Pulzar +1 Chaksa Peripheral A / Viral CCW. (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL A Light Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (7)
    [​IMG] RASAIL Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] ARMAND (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / 2 Breaker Pistols, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (1.5 | 45)
    [​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    [​IMG] NIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] KOTAIL (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] KOTAIL (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)

9 SWC | 394 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Honestly K1 Snipers are... well... Awful? Might be biased.

I'd replace both of those with a Gao Rael Sniper, so you have MSV for any approaching ODD/TO/Camo/Mimetism baked into your ARO triads.

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  3. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Well. how about Gao-Rael Snipers instead Sukeul K1 Snipers? I think K1 snipers are just not good. damages are too low...

if you worried about armored guys, you already have Sukeul MLs.

anyway, I think second army list is fun to play. very aggressive... I like it. ;)

4. AngryGorilla

AngryGorilla Member

I'm not sure I agree on the K1 for this specific mission. With the points bonus to Tags taking the center objective, and the 400pt limit, I'm expecting high armor TAGs, and lots of HI links.

5. macfergusson

K1 is great. K1 on a Sniper is not so much. We have access to K1 combi rifles fairly easily, which means a linked Sukeul can hit a TAG with 4 K1 rounds in the active turn, and be more mobile about positioning. Just as an example.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. AngryGorilla

AngryGorilla Member

Fair enough. If we had more access to multi-snipers, I'd pick them, and just go for AP ammo. A reg sniper, i.e. Gao-Rael, seems bad in this particular case.

7. macfergusson

The Sukeul Missile Launchers are the anti-armor. The Gao-Rael Sniper is covering a different niche in your overwatch triad. Deploying them correctly you can either overlap them to make a single killing zone that is dangerous for anyone, or you can have them down separate fire lanes based on what you expect to come at you from that direction. Use elevation separations to make them unsliceable and/or untemplateable as appropriate.

ChoTimberwolf and DeadlyOcean like this.
  8. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

If you want K1 sniper take aelis with the k1 combi and use sensor, can shoot everything in sight with -3 and has higher burst so more versatile cause also useful against camo but thats just my opinion ;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation