1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite combinations?!

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by infernofury, May 3, 2018.

1. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Ho guys i don't know if it's the right Place to ask that..Feel free to redirect me!!

Wich are tour favourite team composition and why???And wich cards do You pick?

And wich scenario do You play the most??

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed playing a team with Maximus, 8-Ball, Gata and Parvati. It gives a good mix of area control and holding skills but is somewhat weak in damage dealing. Many members of this forum feel that Hexxer and Mushashi are auto-includes. I find that the Tactics that allow for play by any character can be game changers. Gata's Swerve and Maximus' Scram are in that category. The look on your opponent's face when you use Lunah's Holographic Sight to extend the range of Mushashi's Ken no Sen to 3 spaces can be priceless.
    I have seen a Youtube by Guerrilla Games' Ash Barker where he merely shuffles the initiative cards and deals four to each player. That seemed interesting. The fact that you realize that there are no factions in A! you are already way ahead of most new players.

Fathi Amirmoez likes this.
  3. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

Favourite Scenario is probably Conquest. I feel it's overall the most balanced.
    You have value in moving around the flanks and attacking at range, whilst still providing disproportionate value on the centre (and creating pseudo-stable frontlines to push) to help slower characters like Max stay relevant (without dominating like they can in KotH).

Team comp always involves: "What is the mission?" > "What synergies can I exploit with characters i've already picked?" > "What is the enemy picking?" > "What characters suit my playstyle?".

But for a general, blind team i'd be happy to take into most missions and opponents, it'd be something like Massacre (ER/SitmF), Laxmee (TU/TR), Lunah (HS/SB), and Hexxer (RD/UP).
    If I knew King of the Hill wasn't in the scenario rotation, i'd swap Hexxer out for Hannibal (C:B/C:A).

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  4. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I'm just starting to try out the SOF guys, but I see some great combos using Laxmee to really make hitter/scorers like Mushashi being the pain.

But I think Mushashi/heXx3r is my favourite combo, using heXx3r to turn Mushashi into a guided weapon.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

5. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

There is no best team composition, is all about how you play an what your opponent plays.

I usually play a control team: Gata-Hexxer-Valkyrie-Lunah(Parvati).
    Is strong versus other control or mixed teams. I can beat almost every other team but I have some hard times against full offensive teams like Wild Bill-Miyamoto-Hannibal if i can not predict their Activation order and/or they get some lucky rolls on Attacks.

6. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Today my Brother wanted ti use the SoF team so i had the chance ti pick between the other 8 Champions..i went for wild Bill, mushashi parvati and Maximus and i destroyed him!

I gave maximus a free action point with mushashi card then run intorno the Middle of the scoring zone and dispiace all the enemy woth max card!!ahahhaha Amazing!!

I played anche assault as usual...I still Need to try the other scenarios!!

7. Roadrunner7431

You also learned that your brother's team of the four SoF characters is not exactly the easiest team for a newbie.

infernofury likes this.
  8. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Yes because they move "only" 4 and they don't have cards for moving more so it's hard to do some unexpected run!!

Btw we love this game we hope that Will have a lot of succes because we want more and more!!Not only season 1...Se Hope that there Will bè a season 2 and 3 etc

9. Roadrunner7431

I assume that you know about the second expansion Smoke and Mirrors to be released IRL June 29 but you can play those characters now on the Table Top Simulator mod on Steam. Graciously -V- and CB has given the mod friendly support.

10. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Can't displace Valkyrie.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

11. Roadrunner7431

Great point! I knew there must have been a counter to the power of "Scram"

12. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

And Vade Retro (though Dazzled often stops that, too).

13. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Yep i know!I said "all the enemies" nota the whole team :), valkyrie was Dead ;)

Yep i know about the upcoming expansion, i Just Hope that we Will have a season 2/3/4 etc!!
    I don't like to play with tabletop simulator i want to Feel the minis and the dice!!

14. Roadrunner7431

Valkyrie RIP. Good for you that she did not deny you the thrill of "Scram"
    Good for you and CB that you are such an enthusiastic customer.

15. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Btw Valkirie can't be displaced by other characters Powers and abilities...Does the cards counts??
    Because even if It didn't happened during My game, It Can happen and it's bot clear!!
    Is the immune to displacement or Can i move her with cards??Are them abilities??

16. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

"Enemy EFFECTS cannot move, Place or Displace you"
    https://aristeiathegame.com/wiki/article/37-effects
    An Effect is the text of an Action, Tactic or Automatic Skill.

-V- and infernofury like this.
  17. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Thank You very much

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation