1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaulsc's Haqqislam Video Review

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Vaulsc, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I post a number of infinity batreps on my YT channel as you may know, but also analysis and review videos. The faction reviews seem to be relatively popular, so I've done a new one for Haqqislam, a faction I've had a fair bit of experience with now (vanilla). In this video I go over some basic analysis, talk briefly about a what-to-buy-guide, but primarily I discuss each individual unit type and evaluate it.

2. Choofa

Choofa Member

Hey Vaulsc

I have been enjoying your videos for a while and have just started playing some Haqq myself.

Couple of things though:
    - Bashi Bazouks have AD: Parachutist - they come on from the sides only and can't drop in.
    - Zhayedan w/Breaker Rifle causes multiple saves (one ARM and one BTS) per hit. See the Wiki on Breaker Special Ammunition at the bottom of the page the FAQ.

Look forward to more videos.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
    Choofa

Drak likes this.
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Damn, I've never realized that additional ARM roll can actually deal an extra wound. Ew. These guys are nasty.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

In fact, they can only enter ALL of them from the same side, which you have to write down during deployment!

What you are saying (enter by a side only, can't drop in) would be AD L2, while the Yuans have AD L3 (drop at PH-3), the Ragik have AD L4 (Drop at PH) and the Nomad Nation's Hellcats are the only ones to have AD5 (drop at PH, and if you cannot land because infinite height/out of the table, then deploy anywhere in your deployment zone) ^^

5. Old Spider

Old Spider Member

I actually subscribed to your channel last month. I like the way you do your batrep, I like when you do the Army builds... but most of all I like the Army reviews.
    Actually watching your channel I've changed my mind from wanting to build JSA and Pano to now wanting to do Hassassin and ISS.

I am personally waiting for in-depth secretarial Army reviews you have a great grasp of the game and your reviews are very informative thank you very much man I appreciate you.
    I'm thinking if running this

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (X Visor) Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Viral Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] BARID Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#5 Old Spider, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Vaulsc likes this.
  6. sacramentofcarnage

sacramentofcarnage Well-Known Member

Really enjoy your channel and army reviews. Just got myself an HB army so your haqqislam review was really useful. Do you have any thoughts on how you could do a limited insertion list for HB that was competitive?

7. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

Good review! I agree with most of your conclusions, but I think you underestimate a few units.

- The Hafza gets better the more skilled your opponent are, as better opponents pay more attention to what troopers they think you have on the table. You can do great mind games with it, just three basic examples:

1.any good opponent will suspect that a Barid is your lieutenant. Impersonate a Barid with a Hafza, and suddenly things get confusing.
    2. Pretend to be a hacker (ideally a lone Barid, as it's a common lieutenant), hide in a building or such, and suddenly the enemy might waste several orders trying to sneak into your zone of control with his killer hackers.
    3. Pretend to be a scary heavy infantry, and again, the enemy might waste orders trying to avoid you or hack you.
    Simply put, Hafzas are great.

- While the HMG Djanbazan is indeed the best, the sniper Djanbazan absolutely murders warbands as he has shock ammo and ignores their smoke. He can be useful especially if you're going up against Ariadna Or Haqqislam.

- The Muyib with Heavy Rocket Launcher is a steal at 22 points, as it synergizes so well with Dogged and X-visor. Also, he's got d-charges so he can fulfil objectives for you.

- Leila Sharif is an exception to your rule that good units should be focused. She's so cheap at 20 points, and a perfect way to round out a list with ability to fulfil several objectives as well as cause quite some damage with killer hacking or shock marksman rifle at BS12, and up close she's got a Breaker Pistol. She's s real killer on a budget, with devastating ammo and good skills all around.

- The Asawira has one great advantage over Tarik Mansuri. Silhouette 2. She's much, much easier to avoid enemy lines of fire with. Often, when I play Tarik, his enormous size causes problems with positioning and movement, despite his great mobility. I often find myself using the Asawira instead, saving several points in the bargain.

- The rifle Lasiq is insanely great at suppression fire, due to the combo of minetism, X-visor and viral ammo. That's why people like him.

- The Janissary Akbar doctor has a place in vanilla, when you play limited insertion at the very least. He's got a great synergy with Tarik as Tarik's got a Cube, so you can risk that WIP14 roll to get Tarik back up to full wounds.

- I always deploy my Ayyar disguised as triplets of ghulam snipers, daylami with panzerfaust or what have you. The real Ayyar is in total cover, the holoechoes are exposed. The enemy almost always wastes at least one order shooting at those holechoes, and sometimes the fear of their AROs actually hampers his movements. It's great.

#7 Natsymir, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Wait..I keep seeing people saying her with the asawira...is the asawira a lady?

9. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

Most likely not, as there's no combat heels. ^_^

But, compared to almost all other non-lady Heavy Infantry models, it's a remarkably small and slender sculpt (I say 'non-lady', so you don't compare with the female Mobile Brigada, who must be anorexic to fit into that armor). So I've always imagined the Asawira as a badass, grizzled woman, and it kinda got so ingraned that I always think of it as a 'she' nowadays.

#9 Natsymir, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

The Spitfire Model looks quite female to me. But which gender someone uses depends on the preferred model I guess. I always say "Lady Hunzakut" because I like that model so so much.

11. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Agreed that the Hunzak-utie is the best hunzakut model. I think the asawira just follows the older smaller model size. CB tends to...accentuate.

12. Chaotic Neutral

excellence

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation